• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Smells or aromas that evoke feelings

rainoneventide

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Ooh, very interesting thread.

The classic Old Spice deodorant reminds me of my dad. Even if we're on bad terms now, I always feel calm when I smell it.
Chlorine never fails to stress me out--I was terrified of swimming when I was little, and while I don't mind to now (but still don't prefer to), I guess those feelings are still lingering.
Fresh cut grass inexplicably stresses me out, too. Maybe it reminds me of being outside in an unknown place with unknown people busy cutting grass or something... yeah...
And last but not least, I love the smell of the ocean. I'm a Floridian, so it's never very far away, but when I'm in landlocked states I feel more stressed out than usual. It smells like home.

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
Gasoline
Burning wood
Honey Suckles
Muscadines
Buttermilk Biscuits
Waffles
Shoes stores

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Bitter Almond.
When i die.. if i have a version of Heaven.. it's just going to smell of bitter almond. It's pure bliss to me.

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
A scent of chai or straight black tea brings a feeling of calm and relief.

Warm, fresh laundry from the dryer brings a feeling of comfort and safety, a wish to curl up and close my eyes.

The smell of books makes my eyes go wide and a fidgeting begin from foot to foot in anticipatory pleasure.

Aromas that are warm and spicy – the cinnamon and nutmeg of chai, or hot spiced cider, the smell of a wood fire – evoke a state of joy and inner warmth.

The scent of dogs or horses and fresh hay instills a feeling of tenderness and a wish to touch and take care of the animals.

Clean, cold air on a breeze makes me want to dance, a feeling of lightness in being.

Hopelandic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
me
I australia we have this tradition of eating bread with sprinkles on it, called fairy bread. it looks like this

Fairy%20bread.jpg

That definitely takes me back to childhood <3