User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

The scent of this one kind of cologne flavor--I don't know what it is-- always reminds me of the scene in 'Pay It Forward' in which the boy is stabbed in the abdomen after trying to defend his friends from bullies. For whatever reason, I associate that scene with that smell, even though I was at home and that fragrance wasn't in the air.

For the more foody smells, I've got nothing.

It's not unusual, by the way. If I could remember what I learned in psychology, I could tell you that humans typically associate surrounding factors picked up via the senses with past memories because (kind of obvious) those stimuli were present at the time of the event you're recalling.

That phenomenon might also explain the deja vu feeling you get sometimes. Even though your mind filters a lot of the outside stimuli, you may still pick up some stuff unconciously. Later on, when you get that feeling of deja vu, it's probably because your mind is recalling the surrounding factors, but you yourself weren't concious of it, so there isn't a particularly precise memory tied to those feelings.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

- The smell of summer rain on hot and dusty ground. Makes me relaxed and happy somehow. If circumstances allows for it.
    - Salty sea air combined with the smell of warm sand and tanning skin makes me feel free.
    - The smell of wood, you know that particular smell often found in carpentry workshops, it makes me feel at home. My dad has a workshop at home, and I have spent many days in there as a kid, carving things out of wood.
    - The smell of CLP and gunpowder makes me feel good. This is weird.
    - The smell of all sorts of cooking makes me feel relaxed, too. And curious of what's cooking. Cooking is one of my chief interests.
    - The natural smell of clean, sun dried hair without any smell of shampoo or such in it makes me relaxed.

There are many neutral smells to me, and those that I do not like... But I don't think there are any that evokes negative feelings in me. Well, disgust or such, but only because they smell bad.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

The smell before it rains, for me, seems to make me feel alert and curious. The smell of sugar seems to make me lethargic and distant. The smell of a newly opened magazine, book, or piece of software makes me feel excited.

MBTI
    ISTx

Sex Panther. It evokes feelings of sex.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFj

The smell of lavender oil makes me feel like I have made a cosy nest of my home.
    The smell of gasoline makes me long for the open road.
    The way cinnamon and cloves smell at Christmas time makes me a child again.
    Opening a new book is rewarding--that's why I'm a librarian.
    "My Journey is my Destination."

"Today Counts Forever." R.C. Sproul

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Viv View Post
    Freshly mowed, green-grass reminds me of elementary school when my friends & I would run back into class for 'story-time' (that, and running into doggy poo- horrific for any kid)

That is the best. That smell reminds me of 2nd grade, windows open and daydreaming for a full hour.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by alexx View Post
    That is the best. That smell reminds me of 2nd grade, windows open and daydreaming for a full hour.
    Yeah.. me too, the warm sun light and the sound of tether balls clanging on poles, kids playing handball as it hits the wall while the teacher tries her best (in which she does) to tell an awesome story.. the smell of freshly cut green grass can evoke some pretty intense nostalgic moments in elementary school.

For some reason, I also think of Big Bird, Ernie, Bert, Grover, Oscar, Cookie Monster dancing on Sesame Street. (Except Oscar- he can't dance when he's stuck in a trashcan).
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The smell of freshly baked, chocolate chip cookies also reminds me of Mrs. Fields Cookies, which to my surprise, whenever I bite into one, when I think of the name "Mrs. Fields," I get an image of a granny crocheting a sweater with bifocals on. Mrs. Fields looks nothing like that. She looks like a playmate. Wow!

MBTI
    INFP

- dirt.(it smells different from place to place!Believe me! I can usually recognize the smell of the dirt I've stepped on, it's homey. I know it smells strange xD Makes me homesick a lot. I miss dirt, NYC is all stone!Dirt makes me feel homesick)
    - a specific perfume ( my family, traveling. It makes me feel at ease and at peace with myself.)
    - The smell of people. People have this "general smell" to them in my opinion. Whenever I come to New York the people smell...different than the people in my home country for example. It kind of allows me to focus and concentrate because I try to "identify" things and when I switch to a different activity I'm "ready to go".
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

Freshly done warm laundry - so comforting.

Jasmine & Sandalwood - mmm.

My mama's perfume - haven

Baby powder - innocence

Gasoline - freaky-deaky

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

The smell of rain on pavement/wrought iron on a warm day is quite reminiscent of childhood for me.

Lived in FL. Thunderstorms raged through, and passed. Sun came out, and we'd run out into our suburban neighborhood, down the sidewalks, steam rising from the pavement in the street. Playing on the monkeybars at the damp playground.

Ah, bliss.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.