• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Case of kissing too many frogs when searching for her prince?

Sahara

MBTI Type
INFP
Woman gives birth to a frog

Iranian woman 'gives birth to a frog'
Clinical biologist says miracle amphibian has human similarities
Posted: June 28, 2004
1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

An Iranian woman has reportedly given birth to a frog.

According to the Islamic Republic News Agency, the unnamed woman from the southeastern city of Iranshahr delivered a live gray frog after what was called "a bizarre labor."

The animal's birth followed severe bleeding and was reportedly covered by mud.

Dr. Varasteh, a gynecologist, corroborated the unusual event to the Farsi-language daily Etemaad, saying the woman's menstrual cycle had stopped for six months and a May sonogram indicated the presence of a cyst in her abdomen.

Varasteh believes the frog larve entered the woman's body where it grew to adult size. Others, according to the BBC's translation of the Etemaad article, speculate that she unknowingly picked up the larve while swimming in dirty water.

But not all Iranian physicians are accepting this explanation. Etemaad notes that some medical experts have commented on the frog's similarity to a human.

A clinical biology expert, Dr. Aminifard, reportedly told Etemaad, "The similarities are in appearance, the shape of the fingers and the size and shape of the tongue."

The "so-called frog" has not yet been tested genetically, reports Etemaad.

The woman has two healthy children.

:shock:

I'm afraid to swim in a lake now, who is to say it couldn't happen again?.

I know it's old, but i had to hear a logical take on this. :)

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I really don't know if that's possible, but wouldn't it be weird if the frog were part human? That would raise a lot of moral dilemmas. Should we try to teach it to speak? Should we let it go out in the wild? Should it be protected under the law, or have legal rights as a citizen? Will we encounter other human/animal hybrids, and how should we treat the ones of lower intelligence?

Does anyone else have an idea about what might have happened here? Could this be a hoax by reporters to increase readership?

Sahara

MBTI Type
INFP
oh my they going to have to bring out some form of protection from frogs :17026: ........i dont feel safe lol

Lol I think a femidom whilst swimming is in order. :D

I really don't know if that's possible, but wouldn't it be weird if the frog were part human? That would raise a lot of moral dilemmas. Should we try to teach it to speak? Should we let it go out in the wild? Should it be protected under the law, or have legal rights as a citizen? Will we encounter other human/animal hybrids, and how should we treat the ones of lower intelligence?

Does anyone else have an idea about what might have happened here? Could this be a hoax by reporters to increase readership?

I'm not sure, I tried to track down a more reputable source, managed to find the same story in the daily mail and the bbc website, but it's the exact same story.

That's why I posted it here, to see who else might know some more.

There seems to be no more stories about what happened next, the frog baby would be 3? yrs old now, so one would assume there would be more scientific evidence and studies on it........:shock:

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I find it strange how an Iranian woman can give birth to a French person.

ama

MBTI Type
INTP
That's got to be a hoax. If a frog somehow managed to get into a uterus, the woman's immune system would attack it b/c it would have foreign DNA.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
See what happens! We warned them not to go screwing around with nuclear technology! ;)