• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Guinness

Do you find Guinness tasty?

• I find Guinness really tasty

Votes: 31 70.5%
  • I don't find Guinness so much tasty

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • I haven't drunk Guinness yet

Votes: 5 11.4%

• Total voters

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
SnS, that photo isn't half as attractive as your avatar, which in turn gives up thirty percentage points to your profile photo.

You can have my lifetime share of Guinness, if it's any consolation. :D

(not sure what was meant by the bolded)

Yea, its totally a bad picture, I agree. My hair was a mess!!! and I was drunk as hell.

But I must prove my point about liking guiness.

And sure, i'll take your guiness if you insist!!

O

Oberon

(not sure what was meant by the bolded)

I meant that the photo you use for an avatar is only 70% as nice to look at as the one that shows up at the top of your profile page.

In the latter page you've got attractively mussed hair and a brighter smile, and it looks more genuine to me.

Not that either pic is particularly ugly, mind you. You're a pretty young woman.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I meant that the photo you use for an avatar is only 70% as nice to look at as the one that shows up at the top of your profile page.

In the latter page you've got attractively mussed hair and a brighter smile, and it looks more genuine to me.

Not that either pic is particularly ugly, mind you. You're a pretty young woman.

well thank-you.
I like the avatar picture more cause I miss having long hair.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I hope no one thinks I'm abusing my PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWER by correcting the title. It was like a little stab in the eye every time I viewed the thread. (Sorry Gauche! It's an easy, understandable mistake and I in no way blame you for the eyestabs!)

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I hope no one thinks I'm abusing my PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWER by correcting the title. It was like a little stab in the eye every time I viewed the thread. (Sorry Gauche! It's an easy, understandable mistake and I in no way blame you for the eyestabs!)

I :heart: you Ivy. It was actually starting to give me nightmares.

Gauche

Oh, shit ... I mean, oh no. What a mistake! I realise it only now. Good work Ivy, good work.. thanks for correcting. You know, I don't see the "Guinness" label so often, so I messed it up:blush:

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Oh, shit ... I mean, oh no. What a mistake! I realise it only now. Good work Ivy, good work.. thanks for correcting. You know, I don't see the "Guinness" label so often, so I messed it up:blush:

I can forgive you this one time, but I may be biased in your favor for having the sexiest avatar on the site.

Gauche

I can forgive you this one time, but I may be biased in your favor for having the sexiest avatar on the site.

Ooush:blush:

But you know, I have just changed to the holiday avatar before I read that. But after holiadays end it'll be back:)

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Ooush:blush:

But you know, I have just changed to the holiday avatar before I read that. But after holiadays end it'll be back:)

Couldn't you just have, like, put a Santa hat on Jimmy? I have had a giant crush on that guy since I was 10. That's over 20 years of crushing!

Gauche

Couldn't you just have, like, put a Santa hat on Jimmy? I have had a giant crush on that guy since I was 10. That's over 20 years of crushing!

Ded Moroz is hot as well. I have crush on him since he have started growing his beard:D (though I'm not gay:shock:)

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
It's a drink and a meal all in one, what more does one need.

Well, maybe some fruits and veggies, meat protein and other various vitamins and minerals from other sorts of foods..... but other than that, you've got a great point!

sarah

soft and silky
MBTI Type
isfp
Well, a topic on that famous beer. I wonder if you find it tasty or not, because I drank it once in my life, but unfortunately didn't find anything tasty about it. Except it was unbelievably expensive (about 5 times more expensive than our beers), a friend of mine (who tasted it for the first time as well) noted that it tasted like you have put an ash into normal light beer. But you know, I'm from central Europe, we have our own beer culture here:), so maybe it's only a thing of custom..

So, whether it is Guiness or something different.. cheers:cheers:

Don't forget to answer in poll

Guinness poured from a tap in a bar in Ireland is tastier than Guinness drunk out of the bottle in the US. :D

(although I prefer Harp, and my favorite dark beer is still Murphy's Stout.)

sarah

soft and silky
MBTI Type
isfp
picture.php

Guiness is good for you!!!!

haha! And "GUINNESS FOR STRENGTH!!!"

I love those ads. :D

And I love that if you go to Ireland, you see them EVERYWHERE.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Guinness poured from a tap in a bar in Ireland is tastier than Guinness drunk out of the bottle in the US. :D
But how does it compare to Guinnes from a tap in the US?

I don't think I've ever seen anyone have a bottle of Guinness before. Can, yeah, coz it has that thingamajig.

sarah

soft and silky
MBTI Type
isfp
But how does it compare to Guinnes from a tap in the US?
thingamajig.

Oh, tap Guinness is better than bottled any day! It's just that you miss the ambiance, even if you're in an "Irish Pub" kind of bar. Basically, I wanna go back to Ireland, but it's too expensive right now. :cry:

Noel

MBTI Type
INFP
It's a drink and a meal all in one, what more does one need.

I've never understood nor agreed with this assertion. On a purely caloric note, Guinness draft nearly matches any macro-brewery's 'light' beers. On a purely stylistic note, both Guinness draft & Guinness Extra Stout (Original) are Irish Dry stouts:

"One of the most common stouts, Dry Irish Stout tend to have light-ish bodies to keep them on the highly drinkable side. They're usually a lower carbonation brew and served on a nitro system for that creamy, masking effect. Bitterness comes from both roasted barley and a generous dose of hops, though the roasted character will be more noticeable. Examples of the style are, of course, the big three, Murphy's, Beamish, and Guinness, however there are many American brewed Dry Stouts that are comparable, if not better." - Beeradvocate

Conclusion: Guinness draft & Guinness extra stout are hardly meal worthy compared to other available stouts.

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
Well, I would drink Guinness if I went into a bar which had otherwise nothing on draught but a selection of nasty cheap (tasting) mass-produced lagers and beers (an all-too familiar experience, unfortunately). Otherwise it's so insipid for a stout that I don't find it really worth the money or bother, as there are so many better and fuller flavoured beers in that kind of strong, dark style around when one is actually given that choice, including all the other stouts I have tried. I think the major point in Guinness's favour is that it is pretty dammned widely available, even internationally, and is a safe choice when you can be fairly sure that the only other options are actually insipid/nasty.

By the way, I have not the faintest idea of why anyone would want to drink the stuff chilled to death as seems to be so popular at present. What distinctive flavour Guinness can actually be said to have is largely destroyed by cooling it to something appoaching the temperature of the Antarctic pack ice - if you are going to insist on drinking it like that I would have thought any insipid chilled lager would serve you just as well, and probably leave less of a hole in you pocket...