User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you find Guinness tasty?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • I find Guinness really tasty

32 69.57%
  • I don't find Guinness so much tasty

9 19.57%
  • I haven't drunk Guinness yet

5 10.87%
First 45678 Last

Thread: Guinness

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I've been drinking the stuff since I was a mere child sitting on father's knee.
    My vote: Tasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    It's a drink and a meal all in one, what more does one need.
    Not a thing.
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Gauche View Post
    Ooush

But you know, I have just changed to the holiday avatar before I read that. But after holiadays end it'll be back
    Couldn't you just have, like, put a Santa hat on Jimmy? I have had a giant crush on that guy since I was 10. That's over 20 years of crushing!
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Couldn't you just have, like, put a Santa hat on Jimmy? I have had a giant crush on that guy since I was 10. That's over 20 years of crushing!
    Ded Moroz is hot as well. I have crush on him since he have started growing his beard (though I'm not gay)

MBTI
    ISTx

Well, maybe some fruits and veggies, meat protein and other various vitamins and minerals from other sorts of foods..... but other than that, you've got a great point!

MBTI
    isfp

Quote Originally Posted by Gauche View Post
    Well, a topic on that famous beer. I wonder if you find it tasty or not, because I drank it once in my life, but unfortunately didn't find anything tasty about it. Except it was unbelievably expensive (about 5 times more expensive than our beers), a friend of mine (who tasted it for the first time as well) noted that it tasted like you have put an ash into normal light beer. But you know, I'm from central Europe, we have our own beer culture here, so maybe it's only a thing of custom..

So, whether it is Guiness or something different.. cheers

Don't forget to answer in poll

Guinness poured from a tap in a bar in Ireland is tastier than Guinness drunk out of the bottle in the US.

(although I prefer Harp, and my favorite dark beer is still Murphy's Stout.)

MBTI
    isfp

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post

Guiness is good for you!!!!

haha! And "GUINNESS FOR STRENGTH!!!"

I love those ads.

And I love that if you go to Ireland, you see them EVERYWHERE.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by sarah View Post
    Guinness poured from a tap in a bar in Ireland is tastier than Guinness drunk out of the bottle in the US.
    But how does it compare to Guinnes from a tap in the US?

I don't think I've ever seen anyone have a bottle of Guinness before. Can, yeah, coz it has that thingamajig.

MBTI
    isfp

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    But how does it compare to Guinnes from a tap in the US?
    thingamajig.
    Oh, tap Guinness is better than bottled any day! It's just that you miss the ambiance, even if you're in an "Irish Pub" kind of bar. Basically, I wanna go back to Ireland, but it's too expensive right now.

MBTI
    INFP

I've never understood nor agreed with this assertion. On a purely caloric note, Guinness draft nearly matches any macro-brewery's 'light' beers. On a purely stylistic note, both Guinness draft & Guinness Extra Stout (Original) are Irish Dry stouts:

"One of the most common stouts, Dry Irish Stout tend to have light-ish bodies to keep them on the highly drinkable side. They're usually a lower carbonation brew and served on a nitro system for that creamy, masking effect. Bitterness comes from both roasted barley and a generous dose of hops, though the roasted character will be more noticeable. Examples of the style are, of course, the big three, Murphy's, Beamish, and Guinness, however there are many American brewed Dry Stouts that are comparable, if not better." - Beeradvocate

Conclusion: Guinness draft & Guinness extra stout are hardly meal worthy compared to other available stouts.
    I may be bested in battle, but I shall never be defeated.

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Well, I would drink Guinness if I went into a bar which had otherwise nothing on draught but a selection of nasty cheap (tasting) mass-produced lagers and beers (an all-too familiar experience, unfortunately). Otherwise it's so insipid for a stout that I don't find it really worth the money or bother, as there are so many better and fuller flavoured beers in that kind of strong, dark style around when one is actually given that choice, including all the other stouts I have tried. I think the major point in Guinness's favour is that it is pretty dammned widely available, even internationally, and is a safe choice when you can be fairly sure that the only other options are actually insipid/nasty.

By the way, I have not the faintest idea of why anyone would want to drink the stuff chilled to death as seems to be so popular at present. What distinctive flavour Guinness can actually be said to have is largely destroyed by cooling it to something appoaching the temperature of the Antarctic pack ice - if you are going to insist on drinking it like that I would have thought any insipid chilled lager would serve you just as well, and probably leave less of a hole in you pocket...