• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Strange Food Combinations

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:sick:@ this thread. And I thought I was bad with dipping my french fries in my chocolate shake.

StoryOfMyLife

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
LOOOOOOOVE those. Plus peanut butter, jam and sliced cheese sandwiches. I wouldn't recommend blue cheese, but cheddar works well

Soft boiled egg with grainy sweet german mustard

That boiled egg with mustard sounds pretty tasty :yes: I would try that, definitely.

:sick:@ this thread. And I thought I was bad with dipping my french fries in my chocolate shake.

:hug: Sorry, but you had to know you'd possibly come across something that might disgust you *lol*

By the way, dipping fries in shakes is awesome.

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Cheddar and honey sandwiches. Cheddar and peaches. Peanut butter and honey in a little dish, which I've eaten for breakfast every single day for months.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
That's yummy! :wubbie:

Cheddar and honey sandwiches. Cheddar and peaches. Peanut butter and honey in a little dish, which I've eaten for breakfast every single day for months.
Heh, I think you've just named the two things I can't stand to ever have together... peanut butter and honey mixed together by themselves.

MissMurder

MBTI Type
eSTP
My siblings eat hot dogs with mustard, ketchup and whipped cream. It's one of the sickest, most horrific things I've ever witnessed.

I eat scrambled eggs with ketchup, and they say it's disgusting. ?!?

MBTI Type
INTJ
I love peanut butter and honey together...I don't think that's weird, a lot of people enjoy that.

I like the flavors of chile peppers and chocolate mixed together. Lots of people recoil at it, but it's been around for hundreds of years. I also like that Vosges chocolate bacon bar. I think I'm going to make chocolate cookies studded with bacon for Christmas this year.

amigone

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
4w5
Well, the only thing I can think of right now is mixing popcorn with ice cream. I don't know if it's weird, but people look at me funny when i do it.

T

ThatGirl

i just put a quarter cup of black pepper and a half a cup of vinegar in my progresso canned chicken soup.

I have no idea why, it tasted like crap and now im all sweaty.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
My siblings eat hot dogs with mustard, ketchup and whipped cream. It's one of the sickest, most horrific things I've ever witnessed.

I eat scrambled eggs with ketchup, and they say it's disgusting. ?!?

Ew?!! Whipped cream is AWESOME, but I think it'd take away from the hot-dog. I like strong flavors when it comes to American dishes.

I, too, put ketchup on scrambled eggs sometimes (though I think I'm more partial to salsa now.) but for some reason I cannot put it on a sunny-side up style egg. I think the yolk does a wonderful job of flavoring the egg.

i just put a quarter cup of black pepper and a half a cup of vinegar in my progresso canned chicken soup.

I have no idea why, it tasted like crap and now im all sweaty.

Sounds like something you would do :hug:

I eat horseradish or spicy-mustard stuff on a LOT of dishes. Does anyone like that really really spicy mustard? (I know they serve it at chinese restuarants around here.) I simply feel naked eating chinese take-out without it anymore.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Peanut butter and pickle sandwich, but it has to be those sweet pickle chips. It's actually much better than it sounds.

I thought that my dad was the only person on EARTH who ate that one! :shock:

He's also fond of tomato and cheese sandwiches and mustard on noodles though!

I remember reading about a dish ( which, unlike these others listed here, I haven't tried yet ) that consisted of a squid that was poached in its own ink.

Pulpo en su tinto is actually quite delicious ;)

I love bagel, cream cheese, lox and olive sandwiches. I put extra salt in my canned chicken noodle soup. No sandwich except a reuben is complete without potato chips on it and I like hot peppers with watermelon as well :drool:

These aren't really weird things though, I suppose.

(also rye toast, cream cheese and dill pickle sandwiches are quite splendid!)

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I too have been on the receiving end of the angst of the anti-honey & peanut butter haters.

So apparently it’s weird to eat hotdog rolls with ketchup, mustard and cheese if you don’t have a hotdog :huh: apparently toasted sandwiches with banana are also not normal.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
...tomato and cheese sandwiches...

I shall now have to ask if ArbiterDewey indulges in these... He's quite fond of the tomato. And by quite fond, I mean I could quote him on several beyond-liking-tomato sayings. ;)

...bagel, cream cheese, lox and olive sandwiches... No sandwich ... is complete without potato chips on it

:drool: THAT sounds splendid. and I also put potato chips in almost any sandwich I eat. Subway used to give me weird looks when I went ahead and grabbed the bag of chips and handed it to them :devil: but I think they're used to it now.

How about chocolate and orange peel? I make this occasionally, and I quite like it. I dunno if that's odd, but I don't know how many people like orange peel.

Crab meat and cream cheese is excellent together! (Whatever, seeing you a great fan of cream cheese, I recommend this.) I had never thought of it before, but my second favorite sushi roll thus far has turned out to be that combination. It's awesome.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Toasted sandwiches with banana and peanut butter are awesome. Ask Elvis, they're his favorite.

Don’t wanna argue with the King but adding peanut butter to every meal to get some protein is overkill methinks.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Crab meat and cream cheese is excellent together! (Whatever, seeing you a great fan of cream cheese, I recommend this.) I had never thought of it before, but my second favorite sushi roll thus far has turned out to be that combination. It's awesome.

Sounds splendid!

I rarely eat cheese at all (or any dairy product for that matter) but I find it nearly impossible to resist cream cheese matched with something really salty :wubbie: They just set each other off so irresistibly!

I also like peas on my pizza, but that's a lot more common in South America :ninja:

Eldanen

Arcesso pulli gingerios!
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Cream Cheese & Chives crackers that come in packs of six. Mmm.

StoryOfMyLife

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
I thought that my dad was the only person on EARTH who ate that one! :shock:

He's also fond of tomato and cheese sandwiches and mustard on noodles though!

Pulpo en su tinto is actually quite delicious ;)

I love bagel, cream cheese, lox and olive sandwiches. I put extra salt in my canned chicken noodle soup. No sandwich except a reuben is complete without potato chips on it and I like hot peppers with watermelon as well :drool:

These aren't really weird things though, I suppose.

(also rye toast, cream cheese and dill pickle sandwiches are quite splendid!)

I do the bagel sandwich thing, too-- though with green olives and no lox [I haven't ever tried lox, and I'm sort of afraid to. I don't even really know what it is o.o].

That rye toast sandwich sounds good, too. I freaking love cream cheese much more than I really ought to. So unhealthy...but so gooood. :D