• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Dining in the Dark

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Have any of you heard of Opaque, or tried it? If not, would you? It seems very interesting.

Discuss! :smile:

I'll return with commentary after learning more. :nerd:

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
My prof went with her husband and said it was an amazing experience, (although pricey).

It seems interesting enough.

:)

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
What if there was an insect or hair in my food.

I can't take that chance.

MBTI Type
INTJ
This trend probably has a viable niche, but I can't help but think that when you serve food in the dark, the restaurant has a lot more to gain and a lot less to lose than the customer. And that equation makes me uncomfortable.

LucrativeSid

Surrounded by other people in the dark and eating food that I never got a chance to look at first? No thanks. I can close my eyes whenever I want.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Have any of you heard of Opaque, or tried it? If not, would you? It seems very interesting.

Discuss! :smile:

I'll return with commentary after learning more. :nerd:
It looks like something that people might try once to see what it's like, but I don't see how they can stay in business. I don't think there would be that much repeat business. But I was wrong about FAX machines, so who knows.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
F That. I'm a fan of mood lighting, but there better be some light on my food at some point if I didn't make it.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
OoooOOoOoooo I love the idea of suspending your vision to focus on your other senses! :wubbie:

I'll have to check that place out. :yes:

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
It does sound interesting as a one-time sort of thing, although yikes, it sure does look expensive. I suspect it would also provide me with new and interesting ways to clumsily spill food on myself while trying to eat...

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It does sound interesting as a one-time sort of thing, although yikes, it sure does look expensive. I suspect it would also provide me with new and interesting ways to clumsily spill food on myself while trying to eat...

But it's great because you won't even know you spilled until you get outside!!! LOLOLOL

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
But it's great because you won't even know you spilled until you get outside!!! LOLOLOL

Heh :) - oh, you underestimate the possibilities of true clumsiness! Just the other day I managed to spill icewater on myself while drinking out of a bottle (and this was in a lit room :D). Definitely noticeable even in the dark, I'm afraid. I choose to blame it on the fact that a bunch of ice had semi-aggregated into a huge chunk that slipped from the bottom of the bottle up to the top all at once, dousing me. Nevertheless, I suspect I could manage some pretty spectacular, if unintentional, accidents eating in the dark.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Or maybe you have a hole in your lip! lol