• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Random Pictures ~Cakes Takes

RiderOnTheStorm

E. N.. T... :P
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I call photoshop fraud on that first one! That sky is too blue to be true!

Nice ones. ^^ Where were they taken?

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
I call photoshop fraud on that first one! That sky is too blue to be true!

Nice ones. ^^ Where were they taken?

I don't use photoshop, but my photos are shot in raw and developed in Lightroom. I just checked the first one's setting.

Colour balance as per camera auto, no saturation boost, but a 15% general vibrancy boost (which might be the reason for the blue). I took down the blue luminance about 10% which darkened the sky. The lens had a circular polariser fitted which is probably why the deep blue. Strong late morning sunshine.

Anyway.. The buffalo is in Mormon Row in Grand Teton National Park, the mountain view is Going to Sun Road in Glacier National Park.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Why, thank you AvereX. :wubbie:

awww...it's mostly cute. *blushes*

You know you can't have cake without...

Ice Cream!
ic.jpg

Who ARE you and why do you lead such an interesting life?

RiderOnTheStorm

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't use photoshop, but my photos are shot in raw and developed in Lightroom. I just checked the first one's setting.

Colour balance as per camera auto, no saturation boost, but a 15% general vibrancy boost (which might be the reason for the blue). I took down the blue luminance about 10% which darkened the sky. The lens had a circular polariser fitted which is probably why the deep blue. Strong late morning sunshine.
LOL @ your at your attention to detail! Maybe I'd be twice as good a photographer if I paid half as much the attention you do. :laugh:

oRRR if I had paid a grand for a lens. ;) That might do the trick as well.

On a more serious note. Your attention to those details is something I admire and I take back my photoshop accusations. :)

S

Sniffles

I would just like to say something to AwesomeCakes; you're one very attractive young girl. :blushing:

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
LOL @ your at your attention to detail! Maybe I'd be twice as good a photographer if I paid half as much the attention you do. :laugh:

oRRR if I had paid a grand for a lens. ;) That might do the trick as well.

On a more serious note. Your attention to those details is something I admire and I take back my photoshop accusations. :)

Ha! It's not attention to detail.. Lightroom just puts a list of "developing" changes next to each photo for you to look at whenever you need to.

:p All the buffalo and mountain shots are with the $50 lens that came with the camera.

I love the way you catch the life in a subject though eg an animal. My shots are always.. hmm.. dispassionate.

RiderOnTheStorm

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I love the way you catch the life in a subject though eg an animal. My shots are always.. hmm.. dispassionate.

Thank you. :) I get really into the moment. I look for emotion. You have to be quick, because it'll be gone faster than you can click. ;)

Dispassionate? I don't think so.

Which brings me to this pic.

"Awww" Taken at the Tiergarten Schönbrunn Zoo
awww.jpg

Maabus1999

MBTI Type
INTJ
I will post a couple more from my personal collection:

IMG_2210.jpg

Taken at Sandia Mountain outside Albuquerque this month. Titled this one "Golden Silence."

l_270607b4f30f0a2dc9c3265ac74ae291.jpg

My personal mascot (North Carolina Zoological Park)

l_5d05488ec3a41368b2557ae18f1e0f76.jpg

Bull Elk in Rocky Mountain National Park/Estes Park area earlier this year when I was in the Boulder area.

l_602bee113a434bc8befb1e000e182c33.jpg

Creepy picture for Halloween! Lumber River State Park in North Carolina. B&W for extra creepiness. Watch out for swamp monsters;)

IMG_2247.jpg

Fall colors changing over the water. Taken from my back deck. Usually take a collection as they change.

l_7475a6788bbaa950e9880beebb053d44.jpg

Don't have the best long distance zoom, but this was taken during the last Lunar Eclipse. Love the red color!

l_5dc2a37f9a6e49ca621362f45fff6267.jpg

St. Paul's Cathedral in London. Was closed for a special event so didn't get to go up in side the dome. Planning to do that my next upcoming trip though.

l_1c7ad07826a6b9dfca97223322084d-1.jpg

This guy read the "Alphabet of Manliness" and is proud of it. Taken at the NC Zoological park.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
there are some really nice photos on here...specially yours (Cake)

Kaizer

sophiloist
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I will post a couple more from my personal collection:
IMG_2247.jpg

Fall colors changing over the water. Taken from my back deck. Usually take a collection as they change..

Thats a gorgeous backyard view.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Christ you have some beautiful photos here.
*bookmarks for when she needs a quick pick-me-up*

RiderOnTheStorm

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
About 2-3 weeks ago on my way home from work I saw that the mountains were completely covered with clouds. I had never seen them like that before. I decided to go to the top of the mountain via tram car. So I could be in the clouds. =)

What the Sandia Peak looks like on a clear day from a distance.
sandias08.jpg

Imagine the above pic with the thick clouds almost flowing to the bottom of the mountain.
What they looked like on this particular day...
sandiastorm.jpg

Going up.
sandiastormtramcar.jpg

tramcargoingup.jpg

What it looked like at the top. I felt like I was in Silent Hill. It was eerily quiet.
silenthill.jpg

The View of the city from the top. Lol.
sandiastormclouds.jpg

The other side of the mountain.
sandiastormskilift.jpg

A clearing came to pass.
sandiastormclearing.jpg

There was still snow up top.
snowuptop.jpg

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Nice little picture story. Clouds just became like 25% cooler to me.

RiderOnTheStorm

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Nice little picture story. Clouds just became like 25% cooler to me.

Thanks. My whole life is a picture story. When I take a photo and then look at it later; I can remember what the weather was like, how I was feeling that day, where I was standing and at what angle I took a particular picture at.

*Has a photographic memory*

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Thanks. My whole life is a picture story. When I take a photo and the look at it later; I can remember what the weather was like, how I was feeling that day, where I was standing and at what angle I took a particular picture at.

*Has a photographic memory*

damn..... i'm fuckin jealous!

*tries for the 1000th time to test if he has a photographic memory... fails*