User Tag List

First 1018192021 Last

photos?

Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

wow!!!!! blown away! really... just gorgeous!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    photos?

Me playing with bird bath .
    Not sure what I'm looking at, but I like this.

Finger just touching water so there is a meniscus. I found it does really weird things, the change in the water distorts the background like an effect. It isn't photoshopped or anything.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Finger just touching water so there is a meniscus. I found it does really weird things, the change in the water distorts the background like an effect. It isn't photoshopped or anything.
    I see! That IS your finger. Nice...

I focus on landscapes mostly... I like to show people what different parts of the country look like, and seeing the photos takes me back there too. Lately, I've been spending time in the farmlands southwest of Minneapolis, around New Ulm, MN (Think Little House On the Prairie). I drive around on the dirt roads, using my GPS, until I see something I want to frame and then wait for the light to agree. I'm always amazed at the end of the day, the distance I've traveled. It was nearly 300 miles yesterday, round trip...

Being an introvert, I couldn't be more content to stand in the silence of the Prairie and notice everything around me. I was near Redwood Falls Friday night and after the sun had set and I was done with film, I sat down on the front bumper of my Jeep and had a beer as the light faded.

(-1 stop to bring out the blue in the sky)

I bought a new point n' shoot digital camera a few weels ago, a Canon SD880.

I love doing what you are doing in your photo. Just going out with my camera and exploring. Finding something to shoot. And setting up and letting it take the photo. It's just calming and I feel in my zone. Love the photo also.

Quote Originally Posted by SurlyAdam View Post
    I bought a new point n' shoot digital camera a few weeks ago, a Canon SD880.
    Nice little point and shoot, was just looking at the photos, they look really nice.

I only have a compact so far, but wouldn't really call it a point and shoot. It's a Panasonic Lumix LX3 (rebranded Leica DLux 4). Fits in my pocket still, and makes it a lot easier than trying to take good photos with my old Canon A75 . I pretty much worship it as a camera.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Nice little point and shoot, was just looking at the photos, they look really nice.

I only have a compact so far, but wouldn't really call it a point and shoot. It's a Panasonic Lumix LX3 (rebranded Leica DLux 4). Fits in my pocket still, and makes it a lot easier than trying to take good photos with my old Canon A75 . I pretty much worship it as a camera.
    Ooooohhhh... Leica optics! That is a nice camera. I have a thing for Velvia slide film, so I can't bring myself to buy a high-end digital camera when I could use that money on more lenses for my Mamiya M645.

I had a 4MP Canon A430(?) that I carrier around the West for a couple of years. I just love Canon cameras... They've always had perfect color and I could just "point and shoot." Then one day it simply would not turn on anymore. It took me about 6 months to decide on a replacement digital camera before I settled on the SD880. No manual controls, but it's very easy to use when I just want to document the moment, and the colors are very rich. Plus, it has a 28mm (35mm equivalant) lens to fit everything in. It's small too, not much bigger than my cell phone.

I like your camera more... And those are exceptional photos.

Quote Originally Posted by SurlyAdam View Post
    Ooooohhhh... Leica optics! That is a nice camera. I have a thing for Velvia slide film, so I can't bring myself to buy a high-end digital camera when I could use that money on more lenses for my Mamiya M645.

I had a 4MP Canon A430(?) that I carrier around the West for a couple of years. I just love Canon cameras... They've always had perfect color and I could just "point and shoot." Then one day it simply would not turn on anymore. It took me about 6 months to decide on a replacement digital camera before I settled on the SD880. No manual controls, but it's very easy to use when I just want to document the moment, and the colors are very rich. Plus, it has a 28mm (35mm equivalant) lens to fit everything in. It's small too, not much bigger than my cell phone.

I like your camera more... And those are exceptional photos.
    Yeh, I loved my canon, even though it was only 3.2MP. It worked perfectly in almost any conditions. And took really nice photos. In the end the shutter button broke though, so I sort of used it with makeshift fixes for ages before it died completely. Still they are so no fuss and good.

The whole film thing sounds intriguing. I did a bit of film stuff in photography at school, but I haven't been really into photography for long. I had a look at your camera too. Very classic look. What is the advantage of it over normal SLRs?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

The whole film thing sounds intriguing. I did a bit of film stuff in photography at school, but I haven't been really into photography for long. I had a look at your camera too. Very classic look. What is the advantage of it over normal SLRs?
    The main, indisputable advantage of a 645 over a 35mm is the size of the negative. The 645's negative is about 3 times as large, allowing for sharper, larger prints. They're very similar cameras to use, but the 645 is lot bulkier to handle.

My Elan 7 is light, fast and very easy to operate. The matrix metering is also very smart so most exposures are dead on. For portraits, I think it's perfect. The 645 is for landscapes, where I want prints at 16x20 or 20x30.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I took these today in the rain, it was the first day it bloomed and I thought of my favorite cake.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge