• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What exercises do you do?

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Right now, mostly cardio mixed with some weight training. I spend 30 minutes on the arc trainer and 30 minutes on the elliptical 5-6 days a week for the past two weeks and have lost 7-10 pounds (taking into account water weight and time of day). Soon I'll have to switch it up so I'll probably go back to indoor cycling. :smile:

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
I ride my bikes to and from my office. It's about 30 minutes each way. I also ride around to different buildings here.

I try to build strength with my weight (I have only one), or by doing calisthenics.

I get out and go kayaking or rafting.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
There's some whey powder in the fridge that's about to expire and the gym is like walking distance away. I'm rather spaced out and a health nut though to use the gym is like pulling teeth out of sockets, isn't happening so I just go for a walk every so often at random times.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Here's my basic routine:

Weight days (every other day)
Using various appropriately-weighted iron dumbbells, I work my upper body and some on the legs with 2-3 sets of 8-15 reps. The sets and reps vary based on the type of lift, weight, and how tired I am (don't want to overtrain). I also do some body weight exercises for the abs, legs, and to deal the final blow to my muscles. I stretch some, but not enough.

Run days (every other non-weight day)
Run for 30-45 min, with a little sprinting thrown in for variety. I don't pay attention to speed and distance. I just go by how hard I feel like pushing myself that day. I stretch thoroughly before and after the run. I tried barefoot running for a few weeks, but am now back in shoes. :)

Hike days (once every 1-4 weeks)
This randomly takes the place of a weight or run day. :) It could be a hike with no gear, or a hike with a 20-50 lb backpack. (50 lbs is when I'm carrying my large format photography gear.) These are almost always done in fairly hilly terrain. Sometimes these get expanded into multi-day trips.

Sometimes I take a day off entirely if I feel I'm overtraining. Edit: and it's usually a Monday! :D

Last edited:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm not big into exercising though sometimes I will walk 10 blocks to class instead of taking the bus, but only when I have time and it's nice out. I do enjoy just walking and thinking, but I don't consider that exercise.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This morning I did a jog, I'm trying to do that more often.

Another exercise I'm tempted to start doing on the weekends is backpacking practice--loading up my backpack to ~40-50lbs and hiking one of the 3mi trails at the nearby state park. After my Great Smokies trip I think it's time to step up my game a little.

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
This morning I did a jog, I'm trying to do that more often.

Another exercise I'm tempted to start doing on the weekends is backpacking practice--loading up my backpack to ~40-50lbs and hiking one of the 3mi trails at the nearby state park. After my Great Smokies trip I think it's time to step up my game a little.

uphill waking with a weighted pack can be an excellent aerobic activity

if you use jugs of water, you can dump the weight at the top and save your joins some strain on the way down.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I've returned to being an off again, on again gym rat. And I always rock the brightest most overly coordinated outfits. I crack myself up when I see myself in the mirror working out. And thus, I motivate myself and boost my energy to do another set.

Anyone on the forum do cross-fit or parkour? I'm looking to switch things up.

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
Anyone on the forum do cross-fit or parkour? I'm looking to switch things up.

ive done some parkour, it's a lot of fun if you dont mind the occasional sprain and bruise. if you want to get into it, i would suggest starting out with some of the exercises and WODs and http://www.americanparkour.com/ then hook up with a local group to learn the ropes

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
I play soccer in the fall but when im not doing that I'll usually just go to the gym a couple times a week and hop on the treadmill as much as I can.