User Tag List

First 816171819 Last

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

My Kung Fu is all the exersize I have to do because its all encompassing. Strength training, cardio, balance, endurance... its all there.

For those who say exersize is an S thing, I should mention that Kung Fu is about the only thing I've found that engages my mind and my body at the same time. I don't get bored with it, and it gets me into a very S mindset and is in fact nearly the only thing that can pull me out of myself when I'm in one of my funks and cant stop 'pondering' whatever it is I'm wrapped up in at the time.

I love the fact that there is always something different to do and that I don't have to do the same thing day after day. I can change it up and do whatever strikes me that day.
    Embrace the possibilities.

MBTI
    iNtP
    Enneagram
    5w4

^yes, i don't understand the "NT's don't do athletics" claim. I can think of many people who do not fit that statement.
    [B]Ti=Ne>Ni>Fe>Te=Fi>Si>Se

LII

Quote Originally Posted by Nocap
    Quote Originally Posted by laintpe
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocap
    Ideally I'll be the woman

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

It's difficult for me to adhere to a strict regimen for an extended period of time, but I really do like physical activity. I'm actually extremely competitive and hate losing in sports, games, whatever. And I'm relatively athletic, I don't really fit the classic geeky nerdy glasses wearing duck footed nerd.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Crowd surfing is my new favorite sport!

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by laintpe View Post
    Has anyone tried kite boarding?? I think that would be really fun.
    I wanna do that! I've had a go of operating the kite on land and it was harder than it looked but was hella fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty_Mountain_Rose View Post
    For those who say exercise is an S thing, I should mention that Kung Fu is about the only thing I've found that engages my mind and my body at the same time. I don't get bored with it, and it gets me into a very S mindset and is in fact nearly the only thing that can pull me out of myself when I'm in one of my funks and cant stop 'pondering' whatever it is I'm wrapped up in at the time.
    I find the same thing with Yoga and Tai Chi. Love that it can bring me in the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by laintpe View Post
    ^yes, i don't understand the "NT's don't do athletics" claim. I can think of many people who do not fit that statement.
    I've always been into sports, particularly team sports. Right now my gym is like a second home. What can ya do, people like stereotypes.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Bump!

What do you guys do to stay fit? Gym? Sports?

What do you like about the exercise(s) you do?
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Bump!

What do you guys do to stay fit? Gym? Sports?

What do you like about the exercise(s) you do?
    I do pilates. It's really good for making you stronger and more energized but it won't necessarily do much for you cosmetically (aka make you thinner). I like it well enough. I also sprint my feelings, which is useful, though I'm still trying to determine whether this is a healthy or unhealthy behaviour.

I used to do martial arts and ballet when I was younger and I loved them both, though I liked martial arts a bit more.
    Likes Xann liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    I used to ride my bike everywhere to get around.
    Then I screwed up my knee, & had to get surgery. Loaned the bike to an overweight friend. She moved & neglected to return it.
    Didn't have a consistent workout routine for quite awhile, though I wanted one. Not enough of a morning person to get up extra early.

Worked a LOT and went to school. Constantly on my feet, lifting boxes and crates for 8-10hrs a day [often, unfortunately, without breaks] non-stop will work wonders. I was very lean, and my muscles somewhat defined. However, not having breaks also meant very little time to actually eat food, so eventually I just looked sickly. Living off free coffee and water. Creepy part of that was, all my customers kept telling me I could be a model.

I'm only 23 and on the fast-track to osteoporosis. How attractive. I went cliff-jumping w/a friend last summer. Hurled myself off a 40-50ft cliff into water. No one ever gets hurt. I've done it before. This time I sustained a compression fracture to one of my vertebrae [superior endplate of the 7th thoracic vertebral body]. Apparently my bones were so weakened, that the verticalimpact of hitting water [well, pretty hard], was enough to literally crush one of my vertebrae. Didn't know I'd broken anything for a month [you're always a tad sore after a day of rock climbing and jumping anyway..]

My point in bringing that up, is, that it hasn't healed properly. I've had a lot of difficulty trying to strengthen my body with this injury, unfortunately. I'm still in a fairly low weight range for my height, and probably don't eat often enough. [5'9" and fluctuate between 120-125lbs] I'm constantly busy, and sort of inadvertently learned how to "tune out" hunger from back when I worked 65hrs a week on avg w/school [sleep was nonexistant.. it was hell].. so a day will go by and I'll only realize that night when I have a stomach ache that I hadn't eaten since morning.

Yeah.. all of that.. seems to gum up any plans I may have in the works for being more healthy overall, and getting into better physical condition.

::Sigh:: I miss my bicycle.
    I know a lot of people that have rehabbed with hot yoga. Including myself. A LOT of runners that got injured do it. Most say they can run again, but a few still can't, but that hot yoga (Bikram is the most hardcore) is comparable.

speaking of, I'm doing that right now. Again.

WWOOOOONDERFUL. Room 105 degrees, 26 poses hitting all the major muscles, joints, tendons, organs, everything. Hot yoga, for me, when done consistently has the effect of "correcting" just about everything from posture, to flexibility (obviously), to my freaking life. It's probably the most spiritual exercise I've ever done, and I've done a LOT.

Others include MMA, which requires peak fitness, as potential injuries are high. However, if I'm into it, NOTHING has given me more self-confidence. But the problem is it's a pretty big committment and I have to be on a very regular schedule, which I'm not.

Running. I've been running trails, roads, and treadmills since I was 13. Also very spiritual, and an exercise I keep coming back to. EXCELLENT for digestion and general well being. Though the risk for loss of muscle strength is high. I slim down, and don't like it.

Lifting. Fun, challenging, and it's great to pack on muscle, but it's a SHIT load of work. The gym isn't the hard part, it's the eating properly, eating enough, and getting enough rest.

I also like home DVDS/MP4s. P90X, and another favorite that comes up in top 5, Insanity. Can't say enough good about the latter.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by edel weiss View Post
    And yeah, I get depressed if I have to without exercise for more than two days at a stretch. Makes me feel sad, slow and sluggish. I think I'm addicted to that endorphin rush...
    100% this. You condition your body to expect it, and when it doesn't have it, you, or at least me, often don't feel "human" haha, as my friend likes to say.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

Sitting.