User Tag List

123 Last

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Default Talking in Your Sleep

So I talk in my sleep - I literally talk in full, complete sentences. I sometimes wake my husband up and he thinks I'm talking to him, but I'm dreaming. Needless to say, I don't know I'm talking and I don't 'remember' anything.

Does anyone else do that? Or am I just crazier than I thought?
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I do this as well!! I've had my friends point out several times me tossing or groaning during nightmares (THey can distinguish nightmares from dreams if that's any hint) and laughing, or giggling, or talking. I tend to talk in those mid-steps as well.. where you're not quite all the way asleep, but still don't remember nevertheless..
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I do this as well!! I've had my friends point out several times me tossing or groaning during nightmares (THey can distinguish nightmares from dreams if that's any hint) and laughing, or giggling, or talking. I tend to talk in those mid-steps as well.. where you're not quite all the way asleep, but still don't remember nevertheless..
    OMG!!!!! We have so much in common - amazing! Yeah, it kind of weirds me out when my husband tells me these stories. When I did not believe him, he said he would put a tape recorder beside my bed!!! I've even woken myself up laughing!!! And then when I'm awake, I'm like, "Wait a minute, why the hell am I laughing???" Fall over and go back to sleep.

Whewwwww that I'm not the only one!
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ENFj

I wonder if you two can have a conversation with each other while a sleep. Either way, do you say anything in particular in your sleep or just random stuff?
    ENFJ 3W4

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.

MBTI
    INTJ

I've done it, which makes me paranoid to sleep with other people around me.

I've answered questions people have asked me, etc. while asleep.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I suppose it depends. My littlest sister talks gibberish that has nothing to do with what she's dreaming or who's around her. I, on the otherhand, have had reports saying that I've talked to the person themselves, while asleep, and dreaming of something else entirely.. but usually I suppose I am so within my own dream world that my body reacts to it as if it were reality.. But then again, I dream very vividly.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    xNFP

My husband told me that once when I was working in a job I hated at a German company doing a lousy secretarial job and working long hours I talked in my sleep.

He came in, and said something sweet, and I said (apparently, I don't remember) clear as day "ICH HABE DAS SCHON ABGELEGT!!!!!!!!!" in a very grumpy and aggravated voice. In German. A full sentence.

He started, thinking I was talking to him. Apparently he tried to figure out what the hell my problem was and probably thought . The next morning he asked me what my problem was and if I was okay. I said sure, and asked him why. He told me that.

Other times, I moan and groan, laugh, giggle, clench my fists, clench my jaw, toss and turn, etc. in bed while sleeping.

Another time my husband told me that I said in my sleep, "Try harder. I know you can do this. No, try again. Don't be a dumbass!!!" Apparently I was talking to a frustrating student in my sleep and saying in my dream what I wanted to say in real life but couldn't because I had to keep it professional.

I don't even *want* to know what other things I've said.

However, I dream extremely vividly - always have, ever since I was a little kid. But never when it's good. Only when it's bad. Gahhh!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I lived with a polite ISFJ that used to talk all the time in her sleep. ESTJ, INTJ and ENFP roommates were highly entertained.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

ya this also happened to me but now its gone! by itself!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

I talk about all sorts of weird stuff in my sleep. "No! Don't make me go topside! There's a troll there and he's going to eat me!" ........... Most of the time, it's just sentences without any meaning. My girlfriend writes down a lot of the crap I say while sleeping.. and laughs at me ^^

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come