• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Talking in Your Sleep

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So I talk in my sleep - I literally talk in full, complete sentences. I sometimes wake my husband up and he thinks I'm talking to him, but I'm dreaming. Needless to say, I don't know I'm talking and I don't 'remember' anything.

Does anyone else do that? Or am I just crazier than I thought? :D :cool:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I do this as well!! I've had my friends point out several times me tossing or groaning during nightmares (THey can distinguish nightmares from dreams if that's any hint) and laughing, or giggling, or talking. I tend to talk in those mid-steps as well.. where you're not quite all the way asleep, but still don't remember nevertheless..

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I do this as well!! I've had my friends point out several times me tossing or groaning during nightmares (THey can distinguish nightmares from dreams if that's any hint) and laughing, or giggling, or talking. I tend to talk in those mid-steps as well.. where you're not quite all the way asleep, but still don't remember nevertheless..

OMG!!!!! We have so much in common - amazing! Yeah, it kind of weirds me out when my husband tells me these stories. When I did not believe him, he said he would put a tape recorder beside my bed!!! :D I've even woken myself up laughing!!! And then when I'm awake, I'm like, "Wait a minute, why the hell am I laughing???" Fall over and go back to sleep.

Whewwwww that I'm not the only one! :D

The Third Rider

MBTI Type
ENFj
I wonder if you two can have a conversation with each other while a sleep. Either way, do you say anything in particular in your sleep or just random stuff?

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I've done it, which makes me paranoid to sleep with other people around me.

I've answered questions people have asked me, etc. while asleep.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I suppose it depends. My littlest sister talks gibberish that has nothing to do with what she's dreaming or who's around her. I, on the otherhand, have had reports saying that I've talked to the person themselves, while asleep, and dreaming of something else entirely.. but usually I suppose I am so within my own dream world that my body reacts to it as if it were reality.. But then again, I dream very vividly.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My husband told me that once when I was working in a job I hated at a German company doing a lousy secretarial job and working long hours I talked in my sleep.

He came in, and said something sweet, and I said (apparently, I don't remember) clear as day "ICH HABE DAS SCHON ABGELEGT!!!!!!!!!" in a very grumpy and aggravated voice. In German. A full sentence.

He started, thinking I was talking to him. Apparently he tried to figure out what the hell my problem was and probably thought :wtf:. The next morning he asked me what my problem was and if I was okay. I said sure, and asked him why. He told me that.

Other times, I moan and groan, laugh, giggle, clench my fists, clench my jaw, toss and turn, etc. in bed while sleeping.

Another time my husband told me that I said in my sleep, "Try harder. I know you can do this. No, try again. Don't be a dumbass!!!" :blush: Apparently I was talking to a frustrating student in my sleep and saying in my dream what I wanted to say in real life but couldn't because I had to keep it professional.

I don't even *want* to know what other things I've said.

However, I dream extremely vividly - always have, ever since I was a little kid. But never when it's good. :cry: Only when it's bad. Gahhh!

Usehername

On a mission
I lived with a polite ISFJ that used to talk all the time in her sleep. ESTJ, INTJ and ENFP roommates were highly entertained.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I talk about all sorts of weird stuff in my sleep. "No! Don't make me go topside! There's a troll there and he's going to eat me!" ........... Most of the time, it's just sentences without any meaning. My girlfriend writes down a lot of the crap I say while sleeping.. and laughs at me ^^

StoryOfMyLife

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Oh yes! :yes: I've been prone to sleep-talking since I was a kid [I used to also sleep-walk a LOT, thankfully, I grew out of that by the time I was a teenager, though on occasion afterward would find myself waking up somewhere I did not fall asleep :huh: ]

My roomie and one of my closest friends both tell me I do a lot of moaning in my sleep...they question what I dream about. Sometimes I'll mumble things, too.. I'm a vivid color dreamer and my dreams often feel like actual events. Once, at an anime convention, my friend's boyfriend mentioned to me that I had been speaking in my sleep but the phrases ''Look at all the pretty forest trees" and "Red, yellow, green, purple" had made absolutely no sense to him. Sadly, I had actually been dreaming about an anime series and the colors have some kind of connection to each of the main characters :shock:

Some dreams where I am highly agitated I recall screaming, shouting out words in absolute anger--- things I would never, EVER say aloud to somebody, especially not to their faces because they aren't things I actually mean but might think in times of stress or prolonged frustration...when bottled up for too long, they need to come out sometimes. With the knowledge that I talk in my sleep, I have often woken up after a dream like that wondering if any of the things I've said were said aloud... I have also woken up in tears without any recollection as to what in a dream may have made me cry, though it doesn't happen too often anymore.

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
Hm, personally I don't talk while I sleep BUT People can actually talk to me! Some People tested that with me and it seems they could have a Conversation with me. It's freaking weird. :shock:

G-Virus

Broud Balestinian
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Thank god no.

I think my little brother has anger issues, because he is constantly cussing someone out in his sleep or about to whoop somebody's *** in his sleep. It cracks me up everytime when I hear him going at it. My other brother sleeps with his freaking eyes open, and I am told I am being breast fed in my sleep (as in sucking for no reason, here come the gay jokes). My baby brother (5 years old) is always giggling his ass off, and another one busts *** so many times it just becomes comedic. Yeah, wierd family . . .

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i have and it can be really embarrassing!

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A few nights ago I reportedly said "Porridge? Fuck it! Take it for a walk!"...

G-Virus

Broud Balestinian
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram

Aww come on . . . Its not like the producers of Lost got there ideas for the show from listening to you talk in your sleep. Also, I am pretty sure its cool/wierd stuff, which always hits high on the cool factor for me. :wubbie:

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My girlfriend actually takes notes on what I say in my sleep because it's pretty random and funny... -_-