• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Talking in Your Sleep

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Aww come on . . . Its not like the producers of Lost got there ideas for the show from listening to you talk in your sleep. Also, I am pretty sure its cool/wierd stuff, which always hits high on the cool factor for me. :wubbie:
nice attempt but....no!
i said i can relate and it can be embarrassing...that's all i'm sharing. :D

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I do it, I've been told. Mostly gibberish, though.
I've done it, which makes me paranoid to sleep with other people around me.

I've answered questions people have asked me, etc. while asleep.
This is what I fear.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I don't think I do this often.
When I thought I was in love with a certain girl, I would sometimes be talking about that in my sleep- as another person observed.
However, I don't think I've done so since.

G-Virus

Broud Balestinian
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Lol, that would be awsome to watch. ^^^^^^^ (in a non creepy way :) )

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'll talk in my sleep, but it's usually saying something like "No!" or swearing :doh:

My dog, however, woofs, howls and growls in his sleep, though is quite silent when awake! :)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I don't do it all the time, but I have been told by my cousin that I act out dreams in my sleep (once was at space camp and I was staring at the wall sitting in a meditative position talking to ground control) I then laid back down and still do not remember doing that.

sade

I sometimes do this, speak in english even.. Maybe rarely, but so I've been told. I'm more worried over my sleep walking though.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I Think I pray in my sleep.

Girls will tell always tell me something about a missionary.
My prayers apparently also go to the salvation of our canine friends.

Guess it helps, I feel great in the morning.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I know I've talked once. I think it was an isolated case. But it's kinda scary knowing I could be broadcasting my darker inner thoughts :tongue:

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I talk in my sleep. And by talk, I mean talk. Like full-on, coherent sentences. No mumbling. I'm always determinedly explaining something. I know this because I share a room with my sister, and she says I've done this all my life. She says she never knows if I'm really asleep because I sound like I'm awake.

I tend to touch people when I sleep too. Like, just the other night, my sister and I both awoke to me touching her forehead with my fingertips. As soon as I did it, I was like, what the fuck?! But in my dream it was a purposeful gesture.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My friends say that when I sleep I talk about the most random shit ever. It must be hilarious, I want to hear it. :(

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't talk in my sleep, however I do suffer from night terrors (not to be confused with nightmares). Actually, in trying to distingush the two in the past, I stumbled upon information that might prove useful to those who sleepwalk/talk, grind their teeth, or do other "strange" things in while asleep.
Parasomnia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm able to have phoneconversations in my sleep without remembering them in the morning, though I've been told I'm even less coherent than usual at that time *grin*
Somehow though, I manage to hang up the phone without waking up.

During my intense dreams, I just got told by my boyfriend, I mumble stuff that he cannot make out. When I'm not in a deep sleep, I'll respond when adressed, but any complicated questions will wake me up fully.

It's a good thing I don't keep secrets from him, coz I'd just blab the truth to him during the night :blush:

cherchair

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I talked in my sleep as a kid, at least according to my grandmother, with whom I shared a bed...long, rambling speeches, according to her. Neither of my husbands ever complained about it, so maybe I stopped for a number of years.:huh: Now I'm doing again, but I wake myself up when I do so. I'm usually answering a question someone's asked me in a dream and the sound of my own voice wakes me up.

The other weird thing I've been doing lately is dreaming about someone holding out a forkful of cake to me to eat and awake with my mouth open. The weird thing is, I don't even like sweets, but especially cake. The only thing I can figure is I've been on Weight Watchers since gaining 60 lbs. after switching from lithium to Depakote to treat the bipolar. I've lost about half the weight and it hasn't been arduous. I haven't felt deprived--or even more depraved than usual--so why I'm dreaming about cake, of all things, is beyond me.

My son, who has schizophrenia, is on a lot stronger psychotropic meds and groans so loudly in his sleep you can hear him all over the house. Of course he also has sleep apnea, so that may have something to do with it.

Sleep is such a strange state and one I'm not particularly fond of.

Shadow

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'll talk completely incomprehensible crap when I'm dreaming, which sounds like its made of sentences, but they make no sense. But there's my dreams for you...

My boyfriend has conversations with me when he is apparently asleep. I don't know that he's technically asleep, because he seems awake to me! His 'asleep' persona is moodier than he is in real life, and I used to get upset then ask him in the morning why he was so moody to me in the night - he won't remember a thing and apologises loads (he's really sweet when he's normally awake!) It's quite weird, but at least now I know it's probably his subconscious. I should ask him questions when he's in that state and see what comes out :devil:! Nah, I'm not that evil.

Edit: EcK - The quotation in your signature sounds like a variation of the Goethe quotation in my signature... :p

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I don't talk in my sleep. Ever. I'm thankful for that. I talk a lot in real life when I'm awake. Perhaps I get enough words out then that my subconscious mind doesn't feel a need to broadcast more thoughts to the world. Also, I am deeply secretive and paranoid so I think my subconcious knows better.