• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Junk Food Diet Plan

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm gaining too much weight, not that I'm morbidly obese or anything like that, just physically uncomfortable.

I thought at first that I should produce ketosis in myself, but it just didn't seem plausible after trying it for a few days. So I started eating candy (ex., malted milk balls and sprees), and drinking diet soda. I also like to nom down on Cheetos.

I've lost 5 pounds in 3 days.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This sounds a lot like me:

'''The Good News About What'''s Bad for You''' Junk Food Diet - Bon Appetit | Bon Appetit

"The point isn’t that junk food is good. It’s not. And if I had eaten all this garbage on top of my normal diet, as opposed to a replacement of my normal diet, I would have ballooned. The point is that moderation is such a powerful force that it works even when you’re eating crap.
The crap isn’t the enemy.
Excess is the enemy."

(emphasis mine.)

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Well yeah. It's all about calories, dude. I mean, you definitely want to make sure you're getting enough vitamins and minerals, but the point is that the amount of calories you eat will generally correspond to how much you weigh. Junk food is generally not as filling though and will just leave you hungry. 2000 calories of candy bars is a significantly less volume of food than 2000 calories of spinach.

My brother used to be quite overweight. But a couple of years ago he dropped a massive amount of weight (think it was maybe over 100 pounds). He didn't have any special tricks. He just massively cut the amount of food he was eating.

Actually, for a good portion of his weight loss, he would eat Taco Bell all of the time. He would go there and order their $5 meal. Then he would eat part of it then and part of it later. And that $5 meal would be all he ate for that entire day. I wouldn't recommend this, but it worked for him.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well yeah. It's all about calories, dude. I mean, you definitely want to make sure you're getting enough vitamins and minerals, but the point is that the amount of calories you eat will generally correspond to how much you weigh. Junk food is generally not as filling though and will just leave you hungry. 2000 calories of candy bars is a significantly less volume of food than 2000 calories of spinach.

My brother used to be quite overweight. But a couple of years ago he dropped a massive amount of weight (think it was maybe over 100 pounds). He didn't have any special tricks. He just massively cut the amount of food he was eating.

Actually, for a good portion of his weight loss, he would eat Taco Bell all of the time. He would go there and order their $5 meal. Then he would eat part of it then and part of it later. And that $5 meal would be all he ate for that entire day. I wouldn't recommend this, but it worked for him.

Right, it's about whatever works for you. And obviously I would not recommend my diet plan to diabetics.

My wife worked at a meat processing plant for a while and while there she learned about the "Taco Bell" line, where the rotten meat was processed especially for Taco Bell.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'll be updating this thread as the weeks progress.

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
For the most part I agree. Most of the time I eat as healthy as I can because it's important you get all the vitamins and minerals, as anhero already said. But when I suffer from really bad cravings, I replace the unhealthy stuff with a meal. The OP kind of gives off the vibe as if eating crap will be his way of losing weight. Please confirm whether that impression is true or not? Are you going to have healthy meals more often than junk food?
Because if not, that way of losing weight is incredibly damaging. Thin people also get high cholesterol and diabetes.

At the end of the day what you eat matters too. That's just how it is.
Also, as humans our brains like routines quite a bit. If you're used to eating unhealthy, your brain will draw you towards that more and more, cause it's a habit. Plus sugar is addictive to a degree.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For the most part I agree. Most of the time I eat as healthy as I can because it's important you get all the vitamins and minerals, as anhero already said. But when I suffer from really bad cravings, I replace the unhealthy stuff with a meal. The OP kind of gives off the vibe as if eating crap will be his way of losing weight. Please confirm whether that impression is true or not? Are you going to have healthy meals more often than junk food?
Because if not, that way of losing weight is incredibly damaging. Thin people also get high cholesterol and diabetes.

At the end of the day what you eat matters too. That's just how it is.
Also, as humans our brains like routines quite a bit. If you're used to eating unhealthy, your brain will draw you towards that more and more, cause it's a habit. Plus sugar is addictive to a degree.

I am already addicted to sugar as far as having sugar cravings. For example, if I eat some junk at a particular time of the day, I will have cravings at that time of the day when I try to go without it.

The author of the article I posted above says that his bad carbohydrates (LDL) went down and his good carbohydrates (HDL) went up while on a junk food diet.

This is my third or fourth day on the diet and I already feel so much better. I still have fibromyalgia aches, that's a given anyway. But my intestines aren't roiling and boiling all the time now. I avoid breakfast, snack throughout the day, and then eat a small portion of real food at night. The real food bothers my abdominal tract a little, but not as much as if I ate a lot.

Diabetes runs in my family, so there is a risk of having to give myself insulin shots in the future. But my last A1C was in the 4.8 - 5.4 range approx. a year ago.

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I am already addicted to sugar as far as having sugar cravings. For example, if I eat some junk at a particular time of the day, I will have cravings at that time of the day when I try to go without it.

The author of the article I posted above says that his bad carbohydrates (LDL) went down and his good carbohydrates (HDL) went up while on a junk food diet.

This is my third or fourth day on the diet and I already feel so much better. I still have fibromyalgia aches, that's a given anyway. But my intestines aren't roiling and boiling all the time now. I avoid breakfast, snack throughout the day, and then eat a small portion of real food at night. The real food bothers my abdominal tract a little, but not as much as if I ate a lot.

Diabetes runs in my family, so there is a risk of having to give myself insulin shots in the future. But my last A1C was in the 4.8 - 5.4 range approx. a year ago.

I really have a problem with all those theories because in reality, things like that often turn out different then they do in your head. While it may be, that her HDL went up, that doesn't mean junk food is healthy. You'd get better results just eating the good stuff and weaning you off of what gives you high cholestoral and probably diabetes in the future and get into the habit of eating what does you some good.

Diabetes is not a genetically inherited disease. It's purely lifestyle-related. There's just one exception: People of colour have a higher risk of developing diabetes.
My grandma had diabetes because she always ate the sugary stuff. She was related by blood to us. But NOONE else in our family has had diabetes or even is in higher risk of it.

While I'm not an expert on Fybromyalgia, I have read quite a lot about it. It's an autoimmune disease, so your food choices will most likely not have much of an impact on the severity of it. But I've heard about patients who could get some results with cutting out histamine from their food cause apparently they were intolerant to it. However, sugar helps all sorts of inflammation, so there's another reason to cut it out.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I really have a problem with all those theories because in reality, things like that often turn out different then they do in your head. While it may be, that her HDL went up, that doesn't mean junk food is healthy. You'd get better results just eating the good stuff and weaning you off of what gives you high cholestoral and probably diabetes in the future and get into the habit of eating what does you some good.

Diabetes is not a genetically inherited disease. It's purely lifestyle-related. There's just one exception: People of colour have a higher risk of developing diabetes.
My grandma had diabetes because she always ate the sugary stuff. She was related by blood to us. But NOONE else in our family has had diabetes or even is in higher risk of it.

While I'm not an expert on Fybromyalgia, I have read quite a lot about it. It's an autoimmune disease, so your food choices will most likely not have much of an impact on the severity of it. But I've heard about patients who could get some results with cutting out histamine from their food cause apparently they were intolerant to it. However, sugar helps all sorts of inflammation, so there's another reason to cut it out.

Genetics of Diabetes: American Diabetes Association(R)
"In most cases of type 1 diabetes, people need to inherit risk factors from both parents. We think these factors must be more common in whites because whites have the highest rate of type 1 diabetes."

Fibromyalgia is a neurological disease of unknown cause. It is not an inflammatory disease. It is known to be inherited. It is not an autoimmune disease, but is related to a lowered immune system.

As for histamine in food, what food contains histamine?

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Genetics of Diabetes: American Diabetes Association(R)
"In most cases of type 1 diabetes, people need to inherit risk factors from both parents. We think these factors must be more common in whites because whites have the highest rate of type 1 diabetes."

Fibromyalgia is a neurological disease of unknown cause. It is not an inflammatory disease. It is known to be inherited. It is not an autoimmune disease, but is related to a lowered immune system.

As for histamine in food, what food contains histamine?

Type 1 diabetes mostly occurs in childhood or teenage-years, though. But if you're worried you'll develop it, then you have an even bigger reason to cut out the junk!

Regarding fibromyalgia: That's true, sorry! I just woke up and my brain's not functioning perfectly yet!
Google the list! It's a very, very long list. But if you don't suffer from an histamine intolerance, you torture yourself for nothing by cutting it out from your diet.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"Sugar doesn't cause diabetes. But there is one way that sugar can influence whether a person gets type 2 diabetes. Consuming too much sugar (or sugary foods and drinks) can make people put on weight. ... Weight gain from eating too much of any food can make a person's chance of getting diabetes greater."
Diabetes: What's True and False?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Type 1 diabetes mostly occurs in childhood or teenage-years, though. But if you're worried you'll develop it, then you have an even bigger reason to cut out the junk!

Regarding fibromyalgia: That's true, sorry! I just woke up and my brain's not functioning perfectly yet!
Google the list! It's a very, very long list. But if you don't suffer from an histamine intolerance, you torture yourself for nothing by cutting it out from your diet.

Everything You Need To Know About Histamine Intolerance - mindbodygreen
Histamine-Releasing Foods: I'm allergic to most of them, the ones that I've eaten, the other ones I naturally avoid, such as shellfish (BLECH).

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
"Sugar doesn't cause diabetes. But there is one way that sugar can influence whether a person gets type 2 diabetes. Consuming too much sugar (or sugary foods and drinks) can make people put on weight. ... Weight gain from eating too much of any food can make a person's chance of getting diabetes greater."
Diabetes: What's True and False?

But then it says:

Being overweight does increase your risk for developing type 2 diabetes, and a diet high in calories from any source contributes to weight gain. Research has shown that drinking sugary drinks is linked to type 2 diabetes.
The American Diabetes Association recommends that people should avoid intake of sugar-sweetened beverages to help prevent diabetes. Sugar-sweetened beverages include beverages like:

You make it look like as if sugar wasn't as bad and that annoys me. Same goes with your junk food diet you seem to advertise here. But if you wanna ruin your health, your problem :p

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But then it says:

Being overweight does increase your risk for developing type 2 diabetes, and a diet high in calories from any source contributes to weight gain. Research has shown that drinking sugary drinks is linked to type 2 diabetes.
The American Diabetes Association recommends that people should avoid intake of sugar-sweetened beverages to help prevent diabetes. Sugar-sweetened beverages include beverages like:

You make it look like as if sugar wasn't as bad and that annoys me. Same goes with your junk food diet you seem to advertise here. But if you wanna ruin your health, your problem :p

Carbohydrates are also an element going along with sugar intake. So much of what we eat is high in carbs. My wife, who is a knowledgeable diabetic, recommended that I eat 21 Cheetos per day based on the carbs.

And according to the article I originally cited, I'm not supposed to gorge myself on junk food. He's talking about moderation in that article.

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Carbohydrates are also an element going along with sugar intake. So much of what we eat is high in carbs. My wife, who is a knowledgeable diabetic, recommended that I eat 21 Cheetos per day based on the carbs.

And according to the article I originally cited, I'm not supposed to gorge myself on junk food. He's talking about moderation in that article.

Whatever, dude. Your original post doesn't mention "I'll eat junk food in moderation though" and as I asked you about if you're going to eat healthy food though, your answer was very very vague. Hell, this thread is even called "the junk food diet". Who are you kidding? And don't change the topic. You posted an article stating sugar doesn't cause diabetes. Of course carbs play a role, but sugar does too.

I'm done with that topic. I wrote what I wanted to write and I will not get on with it any longer because you've been turning this into a mess and play passive-aggressive know-it-all by posting an article here stating diabetes doesn't cause sugar after I mentioned it. That's childish.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Whatever, dude. Your original post doesn't mention "I'll eat junk food in moderation though" and as I asked you about if you're going to eat healthy food though, your answer was very very vague. Hell, this thread is even called "the junk food diet". Who are you kidding? And don't change the topic. You posted an article stating sugar doesn't cause diabetes. Of course carbs play a role, but sugar does too.

I'm done with that topic. I wrote what I wanted to write and I will not get on with it any longer because you've been turning this into a mess and play passive-aggressive know-it-all by posting an article here stating diabetes doesn't cause sugar after I mentioned it. That's childish.

Everybody gets annoyed eventually. That's life on forums.