• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Coming to Terms with Fibromyalgia

biohazard

Permabanned
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I never had fibromyalgia but I definitely had brain fog from Celiac disease. Now that I'm on a ketogenic diet, I have no issues. I also watch some Dr.Beeg videos and he helps a lot. This could maybe help you out? YouTube

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I never had fibromyalgia but I definitely had brain fog from Celiac disease. Now that I'm on a ketogenic diet, I have no issues. I also watch some Dr.Beeg videos and he helps a lot. This could maybe help you out? YouTube

I totally agree with it.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you haven't read it, When the Body Says No by Gabor Mate is worth checking out.

I know quite a few people with fibromyalgia, but much less who are male. I'm really sorry you're dealing with that. I've not found that the medical system has much for answers. I'm sure you're aware already, but don't trust that your doctor will present or even know the pros and cons of taking certain meds. Research side effects etc for yourself! I've been mysteriously I'll for the better part of ten years and am very grateful that I didn't take most of what was prescribed to deal with my symptoms as a stop gap measure.

The upside of having a chronic illness and being technically disabled (but I'll always work) is learning medical science, including side-effects. But I've found that sometimes doctors just don't pay attention to things like side-effects. In 2012 for example I had a severe side-effect to a medication. Not only did I learn what the side-effects are, I lived them for a while. My wife took me to the ER twice that night. On my next doctor visit he couldn't figure out why I reacted to merely 40 MG of that medication. Maybe he should have been paying attention to my symptoms because I was showing signs of FM at the time. And FM people are very sensitive to certain medications. 40 MG for me would be 240 MG for a normal person, and not because I don't weigh very much because I am over-weight by about 25 pounds. But he was one of those doctors who are too lazy to do a physical exam. Most of them are these days. They get paid the same whether they palpate someone or not.

Five years later, I'm taking about 20 pills per day, some Rx and some OTC. I finally found a doctor who gives a damn, in fact he actually seems to care.

My last office visit came to over $700 and the insurance company paid all of it.

Brain fog has gotten worse. Have you ever walked into a room and forgotten why you went in there? I do that when switching between windows on a computer. Then I'm staring at the screen for a few seconds wondering what I was doing in the first place. But I'm still faster on the job than others because, i'm not sure why, but I'm not a slouch in the IQ department. And yes it does make a difference when working in the technical realms. Don't let anybody tell you that IQ is a phony measure because it is correlated with success in certain fields, particularly technical ones. But if I wanted to be a salesman I would be more concerned with EQ. On the other hand, if my IQ was about 32 being a salesman wouldn't be possible because there is a baseline of functionality involving IQ. An IQ of 1 for example is correlated with pretty much nothing more than lying on the ground drooling and staring into space.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well phooey, yesterday morning I sneezed and pulled a muscle on the left side of my abdomen just below the rib cage. It still hurts today but not as much as it did yesterday. It really hurts to cough, sneeze, or even turn the wheel of a car. I went to see a doc in a box and he said it's a pulled muscle. Normies don't hurt themselves when they sneeze. I realize that sneezing hurts for everybody at times, but the pain shouldn't last very long.

Last edited:

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
If you haven't read it, When the Body Says No by Gabor Mate is worth checking out.

I know quite a few people with fibromyalgia, but much less who are male. I'm really sorry you're dealing with that. I've not found that the medical system has much for answers. I'm sure you're aware already, but don't trust that your doctor will present or even know the pros and cons of taking certain meds. Research side effects etc for yourself! I've been mysteriously I'll for the better part of ten years and am very grateful that I didn't take most of what was prescribed to deal with my symptoms as a stop gap measure.

I've read that book, along with 'In the realm of hungry ghosts' , which is also excellent.

A few days ago I started making ginger turmeric tea, and it makes a huge difference. I highly recommend it. I may quit my prescription because of this. Search on YouTube, it's there, with instructions. I mean, I fealt so much better...

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Really? I drink ginger tea, but never have tried it with tumeric.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've read that book, along with 'In the realm of hungry ghosts' , which is also excellent.

A few days ago I started making ginger turmeric tea, and it makes a huge difference. I highly recommend it. I may quit my prescription because of this. Search on YouTube, it's there, with instructions. I mean, I fealt so much better...

That sounds like a nausea remedy. I have peppermint tea for that.