User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 25

  1. #11
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,864

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Moore View Post
    I agree. I've been to many doctors, and most have been disappointing. You have to figure it out yourself when you have a chronic condition. I've been reading about diet as an answer.

    Nutrition Science Meets Common Sense | Dr. Georgia Ede | Diagnosisiet

    This website has a lot of info. The author claims to have cured her fibromyalgia with diet, although I haven't found that info yet.
    Yeah, no. I won't be changing my diet. I'll just suffer with it and use pills to combat the effects.
    "If you try to build something that is idiot-proof, the universe will build a better idiot."
    I'm an extrovert trapped within an introverted soul.

  2. #12
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,864

    Default

    I read Food Fights: Are Vegan Diets Healthier for the Brain? - Diagnosisiet and so far it doesn't look like anything she mentioned as causing FM is causing mine. It might be other things.
    "If you try to build something that is idiot-proof, the universe will build a better idiot."
    I'm an extrovert trapped within an introverted soul.

  3. #13
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,864

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Moore View Post
    I have it too. I just started taking Pristiq to control pain. At least I can run again.
    Having ear wax removed from my right ear was one of the hardest things I've ever had to endure. I don't know about you, but for me it is extremely painful, a definite 8 out of 10 on the pain scale they use these days. Even using a Q-tip is painful, but that's only about a 3 out of 10.

    I went to a local ENT to have something else checked out and he noticed a little wax build-up in my right ear. So he probed my ear with a metal instrument, and the next thing I know I am wracked with torturous pain. I was white-knuckling the arms of the chair and gritting my teeth. I said something, and he demonstrated on my hand how he was only just barely touching me with it. Then he went back to my ear and I spent the next 10 or 15 seconds, or eternity, in excruciating pain.
    "If you try to build something that is idiot-proof, the universe will build a better idiot."
    I'm an extrovert trapped within an introverted soul.

  4. #14
    deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    3,913

    Default

    There's an interesting poll of FM sufferers who've used an OTC cough medicine, guaifenesin. There are 79 ratings with an 8.2/10 score.

    User Reviews for Guaifenesin

    I don't know how legitimate this poll is, but I think it might be worth some further investigation.
    Liberty means the ability to say "No thanks, perhaps later. I'm gonna go take a nap now."
    Likes Xann liked this post

  5. #15
    morose bourgeoisie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,848

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    Having ear wax removed from my right ear was one of the hardest things I've ever had to endure. I don't know about you, but for me it is extremely painful, a definite 8 out of 10 on the pain scale they use these days. Even using a Q-tip is painful, but that's only about a 3 out of 10.

    I went to a local ENT to have something else checked out and he noticed a little wax build-up in my right ear. So he probed my ear with a metal instrument, and the next thing I know I am wracked with torturous pain. I was white-knuckling the arms of the chair and gritting my teeth. I said something, and he demonstrated on my hand how he was only just barely touching me with it. Then he went back to my ear and I spent the next 10 or 15 seconds, or eternity, in excruciating pain.
    Wow, I had no idea it could be like that. I just ache all over, especially my spine. It's been like that for probably 20 years.

  6. #16
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,864

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Moore View Post
    Wow, I had no idea it could be like that. I just ache all over, especially my spine. It's been like that for probably 20 years.
    I've only had that procedure done once before. At that time it was a little painful but bearable. I think FM gets worse over time. But everybody who has it gets hit in different ways. I don't know if you've had any allergy testing done. I'm allergic to 39 out of 50 substances I was allergy-tested for. I'm allergic to the glue that they use to stick band-aids. It causes me to break out in hives. If I eat or drink the wrong things I get something similar to folliculitis in random places on my body - torso, arms, legs, face. Two days ago I got hives from putting a band-aid on a sore caused by FM. I have permanent neck pain, the pain gets better and worse but it's always there.
    "If you try to build something that is idiot-proof, the universe will build a better idiot."
    I'm an extrovert trapped within an introverted soul.

  7. #17
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,864

    Default

    I finally got my lifelong heart problem diagnosed last year:
    Premature ventricular contractions (PVCs) Causes - Mayo Clinic

    I think FM patients tend to have some form of heart dysfunction, but the only one I see mentioned is Mitral Valve Prolapse.
    "If you try to build something that is idiot-proof, the universe will build a better idiot."
    I'm an extrovert trapped within an introverted soul.

  8. #18
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,864

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    There's an interesting poll of FM sufferers who've used an OTC cough medicine, guaifenesin. There are 79 ratings with an 8.2/10 score.

    User Reviews for Guaifenesin

    I don't know how legitimate this poll is, but I think it might be worth some further investigation.
    It might be. I don't know what the protocol is for guaifenesin. I do know that the medicine tastes really bad.
    "If you try to build something that is idiot-proof, the universe will build a better idiot."
    I'm an extrovert trapped within an introverted soul.

  9. #19

  10. #20
    Senior Member ceecee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    9,416

    Default

    I'm curious if people with fibromyalgia are being tested for Addison's - this is all connected.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes biohazard liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO