First 123 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Moore View Post
    I agree. I've been to many doctors, and most have been disappointing. You have to figure it out yourself when you have a chronic condition. I've been reading about diet as an answer.

Nutrition Science Meets Common Sense | Dr. Georgia Ede | Diagnosisiet

This website has a lot of info. The author claims to have cured her fibromyalgia with diet, although I haven't found that info yet.
    Yeah, no. I won't be changing my diet. I'll just suffer with it and use pills to combat the effects.
    "If you try to build something that is idiot-proof, the universe will build a better idiot."
    I'm an extrovert trapped within an introverted soul.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I read Food Fights: Are Vegan Diets Healthier for the Brain? - Diagnosisiet and so far it doesn't look like anything she mentioned as causing FM is causing mine. It might be other things.
    "If you try to build something that is idiot-proof, the universe will build a better idiot."

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I have it too. I just started taking Pristiq to control pain. At least I can run again.
    Having ear wax removed from my right ear was one of the hardest things I've ever had to endure. I don't know about you, but for me it is extremely painful, a definite 8 out of 10 on the pain scale they use these days. Even using a Q-tip is painful, but that's only about a 3 out of 10.

I went to a local ENT to have something else checked out and he noticed a little wax build-up in my right ear. So he probed my ear with a metal instrument, and the next thing I know I am wracked with torturous pain. I was white-knuckling the arms of the chair and gritting my teeth. I said something, and he demonstrated on my hand how he was only just barely touching me with it. Then he went back to my ear and I spent the next 10 or 15 seconds, or eternity, in excruciating pain.

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

There's an interesting poll of FM sufferers who've used an OTC cough medicine, guaifenesin. There are 79 ratings with an 8.2/10 score.

User Reviews for Guaifenesin

I don't know how legitimate this poll is, but I think it might be worth some further investigation.
    Liberty means the ability to say "No thanks, perhaps later. I'm gonna go take a nap now."
    Likes Xann liked this post

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    Having ear wax removed from my right ear was one of the hardest things I've ever had to endure. I don't know about you, but for me it is extremely painful, a definite 8 out of 10 on the pain scale they use these days. Even using a Q-tip is painful, but that's only about a 3 out of 10.

I went to a local ENT to have something else checked out and he noticed a little wax build-up in my right ear. So he probed my ear with a metal instrument, and the next thing I know I am wracked with torturous pain. I was white-knuckling the arms of the chair and gritting my teeth. I said something, and he demonstrated on my hand how he was only just barely touching me with it. Then he went back to my ear and I spent the next 10 or 15 seconds, or eternity, in excruciating pain.
    Wow, I had no idea it could be like that. I just ache all over, especially my spine. It's been like that for probably 20 years.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Wow, I had no idea it could be like that. I just ache all over, especially my spine. It's been like that for probably 20 years.
    I've only had that procedure done once before. At that time it was a little painful but bearable. I think FM gets worse over time. But everybody who has it gets hit in different ways. I don't know if you've had any allergy testing done. I'm allergic to 39 out of 50 substances I was allergy-tested for. I'm allergic to the glue that they use to stick band-aids. It causes me to break out in hives. If I eat or drink the wrong things I get something similar to folliculitis in random places on my body - torso, arms, legs, face. Two days ago I got hives from putting a band-aid on a sore caused by FM. I have permanent neck pain, the pain gets better and worse but it's always there.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I finally got my lifelong heart problem diagnosed last year:
    Premature ventricular contractions (PVCs) Causes - Mayo Clinic

I think FM patients tend to have some form of heart dysfunction, but the only one I see mentioned is Mitral Valve Prolapse.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    There's an interesting poll of FM sufferers who've used an OTC cough medicine, guaifenesin. There are 79 ratings with an 8.2/10 score.

User Reviews for Guaifenesin

I don't know how legitimate this poll is, but I think it might be worth some further investigation.
    It might be. I don't know what the protocol is for guaifenesin. I do know that the medicine tastes really bad.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I'm curious if people with fibromyalgia are being tested for Addison's - this is all connected.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes biohazard liked this post