User Tag List

123 Last

Default Financial planning

I didnt know that any other part of the forum fit this, although if there is a subforum that does it could be moved, I was going to create a thread for people to share their financial fitness goals and any financial independence goals they may have.

I have been reading barefoot investor and mad finest blogs for a couple of days and searching google play's store for good apps on financial planning and guides to savings, share purchase and investments. Not downloaded any yet, if there are any you use or recommend let me know, plus if you know anything much about excel sheet planning and spreadsheets let me know as I am interested in that too.

Cheers for now.
    It is a luxury to be understood - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities - Voltaire

A kind thought is the hope of the world - Anon

Senior Member SurrealisticSlumbers's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Yeah, I don't know that anybody needs to get any fancy-shmancy apps. Just a simple spreadsheet with your monthly budget and bills to pay, will suffice. See what expenses are necessary and which are discretionary. Once you know how much money coming in every paycheck vs. how much you must spend on necessities like car insurance and rent, you're golden.

There are a lot of supermarkets that donate "ugly produce" and dented canned goods to people, or soup kitchens. There are ways to cut your grocery bill, i.e. buying the store's brand instead of a name brand.
    Shot at close range; left for dead by an unidentified killer, for reasons unknown. After 40 years, no names, few clues...

Who are the elusive "Mystery Couple"?

MBTI
    KWML

I'm not sure the US dollar is going to last much longer.

I want to get into cryptos eventually. Currently just doing the standard 401k, IRA, savings + PMs route.
    Who knows, bottle caps may be the next money? I'd say stack bullets and water.

/rant

Enneagram
    8w9

The dollar is fine. Bitcoin has been spazzing out for a while though.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so
    Likes highlander liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Isk Stark View Post
    I'm not sure the US dollar is going to last much longer.

I want to get into cryptos eventually. Currently just doing the standard 401k, IRA, savings + PMs route.
    Who knows, bottle caps may be the next money? I'd say stack bullets and water.

/rant
    I was surprised to find out just how much the first bitcoins had appreciated in value, really expected cryptocurrencies to go the way of that online game, dont know if it was parasite eve or what it was.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities - Voltaire

MBTI
    KWML

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    The dollar is fine. Bitcoin has been spazzing out for a while though.
    You sure about that?

You sure about that?
    As an investment I think I'd invest in bitcoin sooner than the dollar or any other actual currency, lately I've heard more about blockchain than bitcoin but I dont know much about it or whether its just another crypto currency or why its important that there are differences etc.

My knowledge is poor, like there's a bunch of stuff in Isk Stark's original post which is babble or jargon to me but probably is rudimentary to anyone who knows their finance but I think that Disco's comment about the dollar is based more in patriotic ferve than cool head judgement.

Enneagram
    8w9

You sure about that?
    In so far as the entire global financial system is fine which it currently is, yes the dollar is fine.

Being the global reserve currency Dollar stability directly correlates (to greater and lesser degrees) with global economic stability.

Unless and until the whole system collapses, or Foreign holders of US debt start unwinding their positions, I'm not too worried.

There is better stuff to fret about.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

MBTI
    KWML

China has been hoarding PMs (precious metals) for a while now, so....
    Likes Survive & Stay Free liked this post

China has been hoarding PMs (precious metals) for a while now, so....
    I personally dont believe ANYTHING put out by the buy gold or gold standards are on their way back lobby.