• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Strength training, supplements, inconvenient instructions (what could go wrong?)

laintpe

Summer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
So, do any of you follow an exercise program? The people can be kind of perky (aka irksome), but I generally like their programs (and the controversy caused by the transformation pictures they post). The ones I use are bbg (Kayla) and TIU. Anyway, I also started lifting and got into that whole lifting IG community... Started taking creatine and eating based on macros. The creatine stuff is very 'you better drink 10 cups of water or kidney-DIE' and I sort of did part of that, but I don't know if they accounted for bourbon offsetting the whole hydration thing with those instructions.... so... the bad part.... I'm going to not have creatine today (or work out)... because... well, I don't know how to make this not gross. Basically, blood was present where it should not be.... whether you're female or male. Oops? I guess.

burningranger

Ambience seeker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This thread is timely because I'm feeling the urge to go healthy again. I have a beer gut you wouldn't believe and since I'm naturally thin it makes me look ridiculously. I'm not very much into exercise programs though. But I'd love to be lean again and get into martial arts and yoga again. I loved to "perfect" my body in the past. Dropping all processed food and flours n stuff is also something my body seems to crave. But a program feels so unnatural to me. Seems too rigid and not context-specific enough for me.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I take a crossfit class and it's going really well. I eat healthy and usually have a whey protein shake once per day. I don't follow any kind of program, but maybe I could benefit from one. Creatine seems too extreme for me.

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I built a home gym in my garage so that I can work out alone. I do various things for cardio, HIIT, a 5x5 lifting program, and a lot of thai heavy bag work. The only thing I miss out on from not going to a gym is a pool and women in yoga pants.
and if you have painless bleeding from any orifice you should be seen by a doctor, it is probably not from creatine.

laintpe

Summer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Today I mentioned it to the one I live with and after the same thing happened to him he figured out what was going on. Turns out it wasn't blood.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Today I mentioned it to the one I live with and after the same thing happened to him he figured out what was going on. Turns out it wasn't blood.

laintpe

Summer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I tried replying but it looks like it didn't post.

It wasn't beets, but same idea. 😂

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
So, do any of you follow an exercise program? The people can be kind of perky (aka irksome), but I generally like their programs (and the controversy caused by the transformation pictures they post). The ones I use are bbg (Kayla) and TIU. Anyway, I also started lifting and got into that whole lifting IG community... Started taking creatine and eating based on macros. The creatine stuff is very 'you better drink 10 cups of water or kidney-DIE' and I sort of did part of that, but I don't know if they accounted for bourbon offsetting the whole hydration thing with those instructions.... so... the bad part.... I'm going to not have creatine today (or work out)... because... well, I don't know how to make this not gross. Basically, blood was present where it should not be.... whether you're female or male. Oops? I guess.
That will scare you shitless.. lol.. and it happened to me with beets so I can relate! Running is my thing 4 times a week or I feel restless and I don't like talking to people when I work out, earphones in and it's me against myself.

biohazard

Permabanned
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I lift weights and have been for almost 2 years now. I take: glutamine (when sore), creatine everyday (about 1 scoop and nothing more), sometimes AAKG, and occasionally protein powder after workouts along with magnesium citrate for repair. I always make sure that I have high quality supplements that do not have soy, gluten, sugar, etc added.

I follow a strict ketogenic diet with lots of non-starchy veggies.

So far I am.:
Deadlift: 165lbs
Squat: 230lbs
Bench press:120lbs
Overhead press: 100lbs

The creatine shouldn't do that to you and give you bloody poop or pee. However, if you do a lot of running or jogging, you can definitely piss/poop blood because of the stress of your kidneys pounding up and down.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I lifted weights but I quickly started to look insanely jacked and that didnt fit to my job. Plus I broke my knee while climbing a fence drunk that put me out of order for a year and into more respect regarding my legs. Since then I quitted weightlifting and only do crossfit. Thats the best to look athletic.

If you want to do pure weightlifting, look for an app called 5x5 stronglifts. Its those fundamentals you need, deadlift, squat, bench press, pull-ups, military press, barbell row, dips.

I wont go beyond 110 lbs on dead lift and squat no more. The knee is dead. Got a metal plate with 12 screws in it. But I can do a handstand now and am very close to my first muscleup. Thats more important regarding my sport, which is climbing. :)

5x5 should be your programm. 2 days, 2 sets, 3 exercises. But if only 6 exercises, watch a lot of youtube videos. As you get older your body needs good execution of those excersises.