User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    iNtP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Default Strength training, supplements, inconvenient instructions (what could go wrong?)

So, do any of you follow an exercise program? The people can be kind of perky (aka irksome), but I generally like their programs (and the controversy caused by the transformation pictures they post). The ones I use are bbg (Kayla) and TIU. Anyway, I also started lifting and got into that whole lifting IG community... Started taking creatine and eating based on macros. The creatine stuff is very 'you better drink 10 cups of water or kidney-DIE' and I sort of did part of that, but I don't know if they accounted for bourbon offsetting the whole hydration thing with those instructions.... so... the bad part.... I'm going to not have creatine today (or work out)... because... well, I don't know how to make this not gross. Basically, blood was present where it should not be.... whether you're female or male. Oops? I guess.
    [B]Ti=Ne>Ni>Fe>Te=Fi>Si>Se

LII

Quote Originally Posted by Nocap
    Quote Originally Posted by laintpe
    Ideally I'll be the woman

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

This thread is timely because I'm feeling the urge to go healthy again. I have a beer gut you wouldn't believe and since I'm naturally thin it makes me look ridiculously. I'm not very much into exercise programs though. But I'd love to be lean again and get into martial arts and yoga again. I loved to "perfect" my body in the past. Dropping all processed food and flours n stuff is also something my body seems to crave. But a program feels so unnatural to me. Seems too rigid and not context-specific enough for me.
    Likes laintpe liked this post

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

I take a crossfit class and it's going really well. I eat healthy and usually have a whey protein shake once per day. I don't follow any kind of program, but maybe I could benefit from one. Creatine seems too extreme for me.
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I built a home gym in my garage so that I can work out alone. I do various things for cardio, HIIT, a 5x5 lifting program, and a lot of thai heavy bag work. The only thing I miss out on from not going to a gym is a pool and women in yoga pants.
    and if you have painless bleeding from any orifice you should be seen by a doctor, it is probably not from creatine.
    INTJ 5w4 sx/sp 584 ILI-Ni

MBTI
    iNtP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Today I mentioned it to the one I live with and after the same thing happened to him he figured out what was going on. Turns out it wasn't blood.

LII

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by laintpe View Post
    Today I mentioned it to the one I live with and after the same thing happened to him he figured out what was going on. Turns out it wasn't blood.

MBTI
    iNtP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I tried replying but it looks like it didn't post.

It wasn't beets, but same idea. 😂

LII

Likes Qlip liked this post

MBTI
    iNtP
    Enneagram
    5w4

the semi-sheer lulu yoga pants?

LII

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6

Quote Originally Posted by laintpe View Post
    So, do any of you follow an exercise program? The people can be kind of perky (aka irksome), but I generally like their programs (and the controversy caused by the transformation pictures they post). The ones I use are bbg (Kayla) and TIU. Anyway, I also started lifting and got into that whole lifting IG community... Started taking creatine and eating based on macros. The creatine stuff is very 'you better drink 10 cups of water or kidney-DIE' and I sort of did part of that, but I don't know if they accounted for bourbon offsetting the whole hydration thing with those instructions.... so... the bad part.... I'm going to not have creatine today (or work out)... because... well, I don't know how to make this not gross. Basically, blood was present where it should not be.... whether you're female or male. Oops? I guess.
    That will scare you shitless.. lol.. and it happened to me with beets so I can relate! Running is my thing 4 times a week or I feel restless and I don't like talking to people when I work out, earphones in and it's me against myself.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

I lift weights and have been for almost 2 years now. I take: glutamine (when sore), creatine everyday (about 1 scoop and nothing more), sometimes AAKG, and occasionally protein powder after workouts along with magnesium citrate for repair. I always make sure that I have high quality supplements that do not have soy, gluten, sugar, etc added.

I follow a strict ketogenic diet with lots of non-starchy veggies.

So far I am.:
    Deadlift: 165lbs
    Squat: 230lbs
    Bench press:120lbs
    Overhead press: 100lbs

The creatine shouldn't do that to you and give you bloody poop or pee. However, if you do a lot of running or jogging, you can definitely piss/poop blood because of the stress of your kidneys pounding up and down.
    WHERE YOU STOP IS WHERE I BEGIN.