User Tag List

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Default Sweet-Tooth Brands for Health-Conscious Peeps

So I have been calorie counting for about a week (which is going decently -- I've been sticking to a 1600-calorie intake balanced by exercise), but as part of that I admittedly like my sweet snacks and do not entirely want to drop them.

At the moment, aside from an occasional Lifesaver, I have treated myself with Outshine fruit bars (which are in the 50-60 calorie range), Skinny Cow products, etc., and just watched my intake so I don't eat much of that in a given day.

Still, I love ice creams and chocolate and a whatever else in that category. (At the moment, I have cut Oreos out entirely.)

A friend of mine was all excited about these ice cream pints, brand Arctic Zero -- usually only about 150 calories for an entire freaking pint -- and she was claiming how great it tasted. Well, I bought one today (chocolate peanut butter), and... ugggh. It tastes like watered-down ice milk... the flavor is pretty minimal, and the texture is icey, not creamy. Anyway, unless they have some other better flavors, I'm not really gonna depend on Arctic Zero. Skinny Cow's stuff is pretty good, albeit more of a "reduced calorie" than "limited calorie" snack. My friend is half-Asian and grew up shopping at Asian stores, and I have noticed that Asian snacks/desserts are a lot less sweet than what I am used to in terms of raw American indulgence (I don't like those snacks as much as the hardcore sugar stuff)... so maybe that makes the Arctic Zero ice cream more palatable to her but not to me.

But mainly I'm just asking for other snack brands that might be worth checking out. I might have to just resort to treating myself on occasion (moderation is the key) to the "real thing" versus trying to find satisfaction in inferior-tasting snacks. I am getting a pretty good sense of how much food and what types I can eat on a given day, to keep my calorie intake under control, but it would be nice to not have to go completely sweet-less.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes magpie liked this post

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Totenkindly View Post
    So I have been calorie counting for about a week (which is going decently -- I've been sticking to a 1600-calorie intake balanced by exercise), but as part of that I admittedly like my sweet snacks and do not entirely want to drop them.

At the moment, aside from an occasional Lifesaver, I have treated myself with Outshine fruit bars (which are in the 50-60 calorie range), Skinny Cow products, etc., and just watched my intake so I don't eat much of that in a given day.

Still, I love ice creams and chocolate and a whatever else in that category. (At the moment, I have cut Oreos out entirely.)

A friend of mine was all excited about these ice cream pints, brand Arctic Zero -- usually only about 150 calories for an entire freaking pint -- and she was claiming how great it tasted. Well, I bought one today (chocolate peanut butter), and... ugggh. It tastes like watered-down ice milk... the flavor is pretty minimal, and the texture is icey, not creamy. Anyway, unless they have some other better flavors, I'm not really gonna depend on Arctic Zero. Skinny Cow's stuff is pretty good, albeit more of a "reduced calorie" than "limited calorie" snack. My friend is half-Asian and grew up shopping at Asian stores, and I have noticed that Asian snacks/desserts are a lot less sweet than what I am used to in terms of raw American indulgence (I don't like those snacks as much as the hardcore sugar stuff)... so maybe that makes the Arctic Zero ice cream more palatable to her but not to me.

But mainly I'm just asking for other snack brands that might be worth checking out. I might have to just resort to treating myself on occasion (moderation is the key) to the "real thing" versus trying to find satisfaction in inferior-tasting snacks. I am getting a pretty good sense of how much food and what types I can eat on a given day, to keep my calorie intake under control, but it would be nice to not have to go completely sweet-less.
    It may not be the type of sweet you're looking for but PB2 is great for dessert shakes. I put nonfat plain greek yogurt in with some chocolate almond milk, ice and blend and it tastes great.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance