User Tag List

123 Last

Senior Member SurrealisticSlumbers's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Default Corset training: Would you do it?

Check out this lovely YouTuber, Lucy, as she talks about her journey to reducing her waist by 2" thru consistently wearing a corset (yup, you read that right!)...

Would you do this?

She also runs a blog/website where she discusses everything you ever wanted to know about corsets and something called "waist training" that supposedly occurs through wearing a corset over time, which is thought to "train" your waist and give you a more hourglass figure. Interesting stuff....
    Shot at close range; left for dead by an unidentified killer, for reasons unknown. After 40 years, no names, few clues...

Who are the elusive "Mystery Couple"?

SpaceCadetGoldStarBrigade Population: 1's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Being a guy I've never had the urge. Aren't those things extremely bad to wear? I thought they squeezed a girls internal organs in a very unhealthy way? They'd constrict the flexibility of the ribs too making it hard to draw a full breath I'd imagine. Seems like a torture device that women were subjected to when it was a part of fashionable attire.

I'd say exercise and work with the figure you've got. I'm personally not just attracted to one body type. Curvy or petite, tall or short, I think there's a decently sized range to what's appealing. Certainly it's not worth harming yourself over.
    To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity. Douglas Adams

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation. Jim Hopper

Senior Member SurrealisticSlumbers's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Population: 1 View Post
    Being a guy I've never had the urge. Aren't those things extremely bad to wear? I thought they squeezed a girls internal organs in a very unhealthy way? They'd constrict the flexibility of the ribs too making it hard to draw a full breath I'd imagine. Seems like a torture device that women were subjected to when it was a part of fashionable attire.

I'd say exercise and work with the figure you've got. I'm personally not just attracted to one body type. Curvy or petite, tall or short, I think there's a decently sized range to what's appealing. Certainly it's not worth harming yourself over.
    You crack me up... I have worn a corset before and it's true that the thing is pretty tight. Regarding internal organs - I don't know if they get squeezed or moved in any major or dangerous way. Medically, I'm not sure if corsets have been unanimously declared dangerous. I guess it's kinda like vaping, lol.

Also, I have heard that we have "floating ribs" and attached ribs. Corsets only constrict the "floating" ribs which are actually ok to move slightly.
    Shot at close range; left for dead by an unidentified killer, for reasons unknown. After 40 years, no names, few clues...

Who are the elusive "Mystery Couple"?

I played a character who wore a corset in a play. I would never wear one voluntarily. It was very heard to project my voice because I couldn't take a full breath. Wearing them constantly to try and make your waist smaller is idiotic imo. You are not changing the muscle to fat ratio of your body at all. It has no actual health benefits. It's just pure vanity.
    Likes Lotus, Cellmold, Xann liked this post

Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Couldn't they be damaging to the internal organs? I suppose wearing them temporarily may be okay. I've heard many women after they give birth start wearing one in order to compress the abdomen and uterus so that it could shrink back to its normal size. But in general, I can't see myself doing it, as it goes against my freedom philosophy. I rarely even wear a bra for this reason, so a corset would be absolute torture on my part, haha.
    "If only every generation would realize that the time for greatness is right now when they’re alive…the time to flower is now."

– Patti Smith
    Likes SurrealisticSlumbers liked this post

SpaceCadetGoldStarBrigade Population: 1's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealisticSlumbers View Post
    You crack me up... I have worn a corset before and it's true that the thing is pretty tight. Regarding internal organs - I don't know if they get squeezed or moved in any major or dangerous way. Medically, I'm not sure if corsets have been unanimously declared dangerous. I guess it's kinda like vaping, lol.

Also, I have heard that we have "floating ribs" and attached ribs. Corsets only constrict the "floating" ribs which are actually ok to move slightly.
    There was some study of what wearing corsets for prolonged periods did to women in the Victorian era. They look very uncomfortable. It was a while ago that I saw it. A girl I knew was big into renaissance fairs and often wore them. That girl in the video might be damaging herself.

Anyway I don't envy you on some of the things you ladies have to contend with. Corsets, make up, high heels etc. All I deal with is shaving. lol
    To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity. Douglas Adams

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation. Jim Hopper

Why not simply lose, rather than compress adipose fat since it's detrimental to health? You can also have laser fat reduction (subcutaneous fat) which doesn't include invasive surgery.

MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

No

Sheep pill, broster asynartetic's Avatar

What is this, 1789?

Schemer At Heart Hermit Of The Forest's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sx

The very idea fills me with horror. I used to use a waist slimming undergarment on special occasions. It wasn't even as constrictive as a corset and I found it very difficult to be in. It restricted breathing, made it painful to bend over, hard move fast, and digestion was out of the question! In addition to that, the added bulk actually made me look fatter! It's easier to lose weight or just accept some extra softness about the waist.
    INTP 9w1 5w6 2w3 so/sx

And remember to laugh 'cause you're living in a crazy world,
    were you'll never guess what could happen next.