Live to express not to Impress

6w7 > 1w2 > 4w3

MBTI
    eNfJ
    Enneagram
    359 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Existential intelligence is my forte. I can get almost anyone to think about the root cause of issues in a short period of time and people are often surprised by my written expression.
    Likes geedoenfj liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Existential, Linguistic, Logical/Mathematical and Spacial intelligence for me.
    "If the truth shall kill them, let them die" - Immanuel Kant

3rdTechJupiterMiningCorp Population: 1's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

lol I love the narrator's accent and voice. So much so that I had to watch that twice. I attempted to overcome the splendor of her voice the first time and absorb the actual content. Epic fail.

That is a very effective way at defining intelligence, much more in depth than the typical I.Q. nonsense. I.Q. tests employ such a narrow set of parameters for measuring what intelligence is and it always bothered me that the tests never take into account creativity. What is creativity but the utilization of knowledge to produce something through understanding of a database of information? Creativity isn't just about producing art, it's also about using unorthodox or novel methods to accomplish a task. Very interesting.
    To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity. Douglas Adams

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Population: 1 View Post
    lol I love the narrator's accent and voice. So much so that I had to watch that twice. I attempted to overcome the splendor of her voice the first time and absorb the actual content. Epic fail.

That is a very effective way at defining intelligence, much more in depth than the typical I.Q. nonsense. I.Q. tests employ such a narrow set of parameters for measuring what intelligence is and it always bothered me that the tests never take into account creativity. What is creativity but the utilization of knowledge to produce something through understanding of a database of information? Creativity isn't just about producing art, it's also about using unorthodox or novel methods to accomplish a task. Very interesting.
    Yes, this is video is very interesting. It shed a light as to why I score so above average in those dumbs IQ tests (I'm talking about official ones, which are even more bullshit-ish than those on internet), yet, I feel so social awkward and stupid about interpersonal relations/people in general.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

I wonder if it's possible to boost the different types of intelligence, or perhaps "play" with them in some fashion.
    Forget the dead you've left; they will not follow you.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore

Visit my Johari: http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
    I wonder if it's possible to boost the different types of intelligence, or perhaps "play" with them in some fashion.
    I think so. Therapy, for example, can improve one's interpersonal/social intelligence. Camp training, I think, can help develop some natural intelligence. Studying and playing an instrument, even if you are not very skilled at it, can improve your overall music sensitivity.

Likes Population: 1, geedoenfj liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by shpotva View Post
    I think so. Therapy, for example, can improve one's interpersonal/social intelligence. Camp training, I think, can help develop some natural intelligence. Studying and playing an instrument, even if you are not very skilled at it, can improve your overall music sensitivity.
    I think I'm best with logical and mathematical intelligence, verbal intelligence and existential intelligence, with some skill for spatial intelligence, musical intelligence and naturalistic intelligence. I think meditation can definitely help you with naturalistic intelligence and being aware of what's in your environment.
    Forget the dead you've left; they will not follow you.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore

Visit my Johari: http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Enneagram
    953 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I took a test that said I was strongest in existential intelligence but I think that was incorrect and that my greatest strengths are in Spatial and Musical intelligence, followed by Logical, Verbal and Mathematical to lesser degrees. Despite no formal training in music theory, I can pick up a melody/harmony very fast (I didn't realize this until some older musicians pointed it out to me and noted I had a good ear), and I have a good sense of rhythm. I can usually hear one or two notes or bars of a song and know what is playing, in addition to being very good at anticipating how a piece will progress when I haven't heard it before. I'm very good at following maps as well as "mapping" new areas in my head; it usually doesn't take me long to get the grid and layout when driving in a new town or city.

I'm a huge proponent of Gardner's theory and think it should be taken into consideration when designing curricula at all levels of schooling, rather than expecting all students to follow one unified learning style, as the latter will invariably lead to some students either losing interest or failing to unlock their full potential. I also think IQ testing, while a valuable tool, tests a specific type of intelligence, and is therefore a narrow determination of one's overall intelligence and aptitude in various areas (more or less narrow depending on the type of IQ test).

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
    I think I'm best with logical and mathematical intelligence, verbal intelligence and existential intelligence, with some skill for spatial intelligence, musical intelligence and naturalistic intelligence. I think meditation can definitely help you with naturalistic intelligence and being aware of what's in your environment.
    For me, I consider myself with high existential, linguistic, logical and spacial intelligences. I have some verbal intelligence and a bit of naturalistic intelligence. My music intelligence used to be very undeveloped but I've learned a lot when I tried to learn how to play guitar and, later, saxophone, which increased my musical intelligence quite a bit.. Still, that's not something I'm naturally good at but I can be decent thanks to studying it.