User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 28

  1. #1
    Senior Member geedoenfj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe
    Posts
    2,465

    Default 9 Types of Intelligence

    This widens our preserving of intelligence
    Work for a cause not for Applause
    Live to express not to Impress


    “sometimes... confused people are funnier, nicer, and more open-minded than non-confused people.” labyrinthine


    6w7 > 1w2 > 4w3


  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,683

    Default

    Existential intelligence is my forte. I can get almost anyone to think about the root cause of issues in a short period of time and people are often surprised by my written expression.
    Likes geedoenfj liked this post

  3. #3
    Obliviously Mad Ashtart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    560

    Default

    Existential, Linguistic, Logical/Mathematical and Spacial intelligence for me.
    "If the truth shall kill them, let them die"

    468: The Truth Teller [4w5 - 6w5 - 8w7].
    Ni 45.1|Ne 38.4|Ti 35.1|Te 33.2|Fi 32.1|Si 30.2|Se 29.2|Fe 18.8
    .
    Likes geedoenfj liked this post

  4. #4
    SpaceCadetGoldStarBrigade Population: 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    1,908

    Default

    lol I love the narrator's accent and voice. So much so that I had to watch that twice. I attempted to overcome the splendor of her voice the first time and absorb the actual content. Epic fail.

    That is a very effective way at defining intelligence, much more in depth than the typical I.Q. nonsense. I.Q. tests employ such a narrow set of parameters for measuring what intelligence is and it always bothered me that the tests never take into account creativity. What is creativity but the utilization of knowledge to produce something through understanding of a database of information? Creativity isn't just about producing art, it's also about using unorthodox or novel methods to accomplish a task. Very interesting.
    To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity. Douglas Adams

    Mornings are for coffee and contemplation. Jim Hopper
    Likes geedoenfj liked this post

  5. #5
    Obliviously Mad Ashtart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Population: 1 View Post
    lol I love the narrator's accent and voice. So much so that I had to watch that twice. I attempted to overcome the splendor of her voice the first time and absorb the actual content. Epic fail.

    That is a very effective way at defining intelligence, much more in depth than the typical I.Q. nonsense. I.Q. tests employ such a narrow set of parameters for measuring what intelligence is and it always bothered me that the tests never take into account creativity. What is creativity but the utilization of knowledge to produce something through understanding of a database of information? Creativity isn't just about producing art, it's also about using unorthodox or novel methods to accomplish a task. Very interesting.
    Yes, this is video is very interesting. It shed a light as to why I score so above average in those dumbs IQ tests (I'm talking about official ones, which are even more bullshit-ish than those on internet), yet, I feel so social awkward and stupid about interpersonal relations/people in general.
    "If the truth shall kill them, let them die"

    468: The Truth Teller [4w5 - 6w5 - 8w7].
    Ni 45.1|Ne 38.4|Ti 35.1|Te 33.2|Fi 32.1|Si 30.2|Se 29.2|Fe 18.8
    .
    Likes geedoenfj liked this post

  6. #6
    Theta Male Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    9,058

    Default

    I wonder if it's possible to boost the different types of intelligence, or perhaps "play" with them in some fashion.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11


    This is not going to go the way you think....

    Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78
    Likes geedoenfj liked this post

  7. #7
    Obliviously Mad Ashtart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
    I wonder if it's possible to boost the different types of intelligence, or perhaps "play" with them in some fashion.
    I think so. Therapy, for example, can improve one's interpersonal/social intelligence. Camp training, I think, can help develop some natural intelligence. Studying and playing an instrument, even if you are not very skilled at it, can improve your overall music sensitivity.
    "If the truth shall kill them, let them die"

    468: The Truth Teller [4w5 - 6w5 - 8w7].
    Ni 45.1|Ne 38.4|Ti 35.1|Te 33.2|Fi 32.1|Si 30.2|Se 29.2|Fe 18.8
    .
    Likes Population: 1, geedoenfj liked this post

  8. #8
    Theta Male Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    9,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shpotva View Post
    I think so. Therapy, for example, can improve one's interpersonal/social intelligence. Camp training, I think, can help develop some natural intelligence. Studying and playing an instrument, even if you are not very skilled at it, can improve your overall music sensitivity.
    I think I'm best with logical and mathematical intelligence, verbal intelligence and existential intelligence, with some skill for spatial intelligence, musical intelligence and naturalistic intelligence. I think meditation can definitely help you with naturalistic intelligence and being aware of what's in your environment.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11


    This is not going to go the way you think....

    Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78
    Likes geedoenfj liked this post

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    10,082

    Default

    I took a test that said I was strongest in existential intelligence but I think that was incorrect and that my greatest strengths are in Spatial and Musical intelligence, followed by Logical, Verbal and Mathematical to lesser degrees. Despite no formal training in music theory, I can pick up a melody/harmony very fast (I didn't realize this until some older musicians pointed it out to me and noted I had a good ear), and I have a good sense of rhythm. I can usually hear one or two notes or bars of a song and know what is playing, in addition to being very good at anticipating how a piece will progress when I haven't heard it before. I'm very good at following maps as well as "mapping" new areas in my head; it usually doesn't take me long to get the grid and layout when driving in a new town or city.

    I'm a huge proponent of Gardner's theory and think it should be taken into consideration when designing curricula at all levels of schooling, rather than expecting all students to follow one unified learning style, as the latter will invariably lead to some students either losing interest or failing to unlock their full potential. I also think IQ testing, while a valuable tool, tests a specific type of intelligence, and is therefore a narrow determination of one's overall intelligence and aptitude in various areas (more or less narrow depending on the type of IQ test).

  10. #10
    Obliviously Mad Ashtart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
    I think I'm best with logical and mathematical intelligence, verbal intelligence and existential intelligence, with some skill for spatial intelligence, musical intelligence and naturalistic intelligence. I think meditation can definitely help you with naturalistic intelligence and being aware of what's in your environment.
    For me, I consider myself with high existential, linguistic, logical and spacial intelligences. I have some verbal intelligence and a bit of naturalistic intelligence. My music intelligence used to be very undeveloped but I've learned a lot when I tried to learn how to play guitar and, later, saxophone, which increased my musical intelligence quite a bit.. Still, that's not something I'm naturally good at but I can be decent thanks to studying it.
    "If the truth shall kill them, let them die"

    468: The Truth Teller [4w5 - 6w5 - 8w7].
    Ni 45.1|Ne 38.4|Ti 35.1|Te 33.2|Fi 32.1|Si 30.2|Se 29.2|Fe 18.8
    .

Similar Threads

  1. The type of the person above you.
    By Zergling in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: 12-05-2017, 02:54 AM
  2. The Your Type Of Girl Test
    By FranG in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 03-22-2011, 08:35 PM
  3. The MBTI types of MLB stars.
    By ferunandesu in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-05-2008, 04:53 PM
  4. What type of results to you aim for?
    By ygolo in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-19-2007, 08:08 PM
  5. MBTI type of Tommy Shaw (A member of Styx)
    By Athenian200 in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-12-2007, 08:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO