• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

9 Types of Intelligence

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This widens our preserving of intelligence

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Existential intelligence is my forte. I can get almost anyone to think about the root cause of issues in a short period of time and people are often surprised by my written expression.

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Existential, Linguistic, Logical/Mathematical and Spacial intelligence for me.

lol I love the narrator's accent and voice. So much so that I had to watch that twice. I attempted to overcome the splendor of her voice the first time and absorb the actual content. Epic fail. :D

That is a very effective way at defining intelligence, much more in depth than the typical I.Q. nonsense. I.Q. tests employ such a narrow set of parameters for measuring what intelligence is and it always bothered me that the tests never take into account creativity. What is creativity but the utilization of knowledge to produce something through understanding of a database of information? Creativity isn't just about producing art, it's also about using unorthodox or novel methods to accomplish a task. Very interesting.

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
lol I love the narrator's accent and voice. So much so that I had to watch that twice. I attempted to overcome the splendor of her voice the first time and absorb the actual content. Epic fail. :D

That is a very effective way at defining intelligence, much more in depth than the typical I.Q. nonsense. I.Q. tests employ such a narrow set of parameters for measuring what intelligence is and it always bothered me that the tests never take into account creativity. What is creativity but the utilization of knowledge to produce something through understanding of a database of information? Creativity isn't just about producing art, it's also about using unorthodox or novel methods to accomplish a task. Very interesting.

Yes, this is video is very interesting. It shed a light as to why I score so above average in those dumbs IQ tests (I'm talking about official ones, which are even more bullshit-ish than those on internet), yet, I feel so social awkward and stupid about interpersonal relations/people in general.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I wonder if it's possible to boost the different types of intelligence, or perhaps "play" with them in some fashion.

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wonder if it's possible to boost the different types of intelligence, or perhaps "play" with them in some fashion.

I think so. Therapy, for example, can improve one's interpersonal/social intelligence. Camp training, I think, can help develop some natural intelligence. Studying and playing an instrument, even if you are not very skilled at it, can improve your overall music sensitivity.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think so. Therapy, for example, can improve one's interpersonal/social intelligence. Camp training, I think, can help develop some natural intelligence. Studying and playing an instrument, even if you are not very skilled at it, can improve your overall music sensitivity.

I think I'm best with logical and mathematical intelligence, verbal intelligence and existential intelligence, with some skill for spatial intelligence, musical intelligence and naturalistic intelligence. I think meditation can definitely help you with naturalistic intelligence and being aware of what's in your environment.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I took a test that said I was strongest in existential intelligence but I think that was incorrect and that my greatest strengths are in Spatial and Musical intelligence, followed by Logical, Verbal and Mathematical to lesser degrees. Despite no formal training in music theory, I can pick up a melody/harmony very fast (I didn't realize this until some older musicians pointed it out to me and noted I had a good ear), and I have a good sense of rhythm. I can usually hear one or two notes or bars of a song and know what is playing, in addition to being very good at anticipating how a piece will progress when I haven't heard it before. I'm very good at following maps as well as "mapping" new areas in my head; it usually doesn't take me long to get the grid and layout when driving in a new town or city.

I'm a huge proponent of Gardner's theory and think it should be taken into consideration when designing curricula at all levels of schooling, rather than expecting all students to follow one unified learning style, as the latter will invariably lead to some students either losing interest or failing to unlock their full potential. I also think IQ testing, while a valuable tool, tests a specific type of intelligence, and is therefore a narrow determination of one's overall intelligence and aptitude in various areas (more or less narrow depending on the type of IQ test).

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think I'm best with logical and mathematical intelligence, verbal intelligence and existential intelligence, with some skill for spatial intelligence, musical intelligence and naturalistic intelligence. I think meditation can definitely help you with naturalistic intelligence and being aware of what's in your environment.

For me, I consider myself with high existential, linguistic, logical and spacial intelligences. I have some verbal intelligence and a bit of naturalistic intelligence. My music intelligence used to be very undeveloped but I've learned a lot when I tried to learn how to play guitar and, later, saxophone, which increased my musical intelligence quite a bit.. Still, that's not something I'm naturally good at but I can be decent thanks to studying it.

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I took a test that said I was strongest in existential intelligence but I think that was incorrect and that my greatest strengths are in Spatial and Musical intelligence, followed by Logical, Verbal and Mathematical to lesser degrees. Despite no formal training in music theory, I can pick up a melody/harmony very fast (I didn't realize this until some older musicians pointed it out to me and noted I had a good ear), and I have a good sense of rhythm. I can usually hear one or two notes or bars of a song and know what is playing, in addition to being very good at anticipating how a piece will progress when I haven't heard it before. I'm very good at following maps as well as "mapping" new areas in my head; it usually doesn't take me long to get the grid and layout when driving in a new town or city.

I'm a huge proponent of Gardner's theory and think it should be taken into consideration when designing curricula at all levels of schooling, rather than expecting all students to follow one unified learning style, as the latter will invariably lead to some students either losing interest or failing to unlock their full potential. I also think IQ testing, while a valuable tool, tests a specific type of intelligence, and is therefore a narrow determination of one's overall intelligence and aptitude in various areas (more or less narrow depending on the type of IQ test).

Which test was it?

And I agree with Gardner's theory as well. The school system need to be remodeled and altered because the one we'e got is clearly a fallacy.

I think it's possible to improve, but I also think there's a certain limit to where someone can become good at something. For instance, I doubt many people would ever be capable of attaining a Mozart level of genius when it comes to musical intelligence, and I also think people with an inherent talent for a particular activity possess a much higher advantage to someone who doesn't have any talent in that subject at all, that is if they at least maintain some sort of practice for improvement.

I took the test and got spatial intelligence, which I think makes the most sense for me being a visual artist myself. I did get an overwhelmingly large percentage in musical intelligence though from mypersonality.info with intrapersonal and visual/spatial coming right after, but at around 30% less. I found it interesting because I always had a natural talent at playing the violin and had a good ear in training myself how to play some songs on the piano without knowing how to read notes or anything, but I don't currently play any instruments now. Still would like to learn another instrument, but I'm putting all my eggs in the spatial basket for now.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance

Got existential and, just to round off the usual Typology plunge, got INFP-T on the site's MBTI test.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I got existential intelligence

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So since so many people got existential intelligence, what kind of work do you guys excel at?

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So since so many people got existential intelligence, what kind of work do you guys excel at?

I suppose that make sense since we're interested in Typology, trying to rationalize our existence..

I have interest in art, philosophy and history (Perhaps that doesn't show here much because of the language barrier) now I'm determined to specialize in special needs education, specially since I had my special needs son

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I like to ponder and speculate and this has been fairly consistent since I was a child. That sort of translates into my hobbies and work and is sometimes a hindrance. I have to stop myself from asking too many hypothetical what-if questions in work meetings, but sometimes it becomes an asset as I ask something my supervisors hadn't considered. When I was younger and getting into playing bass, I used to spend a lot of time at a local guitar store and I tended to ask a lot of questions like "what if I used a bow while playing my electric bass and adjusted the action so the outer strings were slightly closer to the fretboard than the inner strings?" or "can I use a bottleneck slide on my bass?" I think the people working in the shop thought I was a bit of an odd duck compared to their other customers. I once read that Scott Walker tries to create new chords and that approach resonated with me.

My job involves a lot of numbers and analyzing supply chain forecasts, so I think to some extent that tendency to speculate and consider future what-ifs helps me do better. It's also very detail-oriented though, and that can be very exhausting.

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've too took the test [MENTION=19700]Anaximander[/MENTION] referred to and got existential intelligence as well. The test seemed quite biased towards existential intelligence, in my opinion. I'm trying to find a good test on 9 intelligences because the concept is quite intriguing.

I'm good at philosophizing and I'm always trying to make sense of the world around me. I remember being quite young and trying to understanding the meaning of life, the principles behind it, why society behaved in certain ways etc. While kids were playing, I used to sit and ponder about life and everything related to it.
I also always loved learning languages and playing with numbers. Which lead me to good language and math/logical skills.