• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Cure for Tinnitus - White (Pink, Blue, Brown, Violet) Noise

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have had a problem with tinnitus for about 15 years. It started in my right ear while having coughing fits from bronchitis. Ten years later, I developed tinnitus in my left ear after being given Ceftin (an antibiotic) for a sinus infection that did not exist.

The tinnitus usually starts out quiet in the morning and then gets louder as the day progresses. I attribute this to diet. At times it has been so loud that I needed to take something to help me sleep at the end of the day. It is possibly the thing that wakes me up in the middle of the night, because sometimes I wake up for no perceivable reason to a very loud ringing in my ears. It's not a ringing though, but more of a high-pitched squeal.

Today I discovered white (pink, blue, brown, violet) noise videos on Youtube and listening to them seems to be helping. This is the one I'm listening to at the moment, with a headset of course:

I started listening to these videos in the morning, and as I've gone about doing things I haven't been bothered by tinnitus. If I think about it I can still hear it, but it is very faint now. And I haven't even been listening to the "white" noise for more than an hour.

Am I finally cured of this nuisance? :happy2:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm listening to a pink noise video and the effect is tremendous. We'll see what happens over night after not listening to it for at least 8 hours.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I didn't like the sweeping pink noise because after listening to it for a while I kept on hearing it in the background like a dull roar that comes and goes.

This morning I woke up with the usual tinnitus sound so I guess the fix is temporary.