• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Plenty of sleep

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
but still feeling exhausted. It's like I've been get enough sleep, yet I still feel like I've gotten none. My brain doesn't function correctly, and you know those specs of black you see when you're sleep deprived? still seeing those, maybe I'm sleeping wrong. I don't know, but I'm having a hard time getting anything done because of this. Maybe I'm just sick and will be better in a few days, I hope so.

Kora

MBTI Type
ENTP
Maybe you're a little low on defenses. Or somatizing something.
But I read that sometimes, the more sleep you get, the more sleepy you feel.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I have no clue.on the vitamins and iron. probably not, been eating practically nothing but cheese sticks the last week. though I did have steak enchilada's with mole sauce last night.

Poser

Fe, rusted.
MBTI Type
INTP
Funny. The guys I go with every year on a golf trip said they wouldn't let me come this year if I didn't go get a sleep study. Apparently, I snore pretty loud. My wife swears that I never do. I don't know if she is just that deep of a sleeper or has been lying to me to spare my feelings. Anyway, I was found to stop breathing 20 times an hour and just started trying a cpap this week. I would definitely recommend getting it done.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Funny. The guys I go with every year on a golf trip said they wouldn't let me come this year if I didn't go get a sleep study. Apparently, I snore pretty loud. My wife swears that I never do. I don't know if she is just that deep of a sleeper or has been lying to me to spare my feelings. Anyway, I was found to stop breathing 20 times an hour and just started trying a cpap this week. I would definitely recommend getting it done.

yeah I know my dad has sleep apnea, but he didn't develop it really until at least his fifties.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Maybe you're a little low on defenses. Or somatizing something.
But I read that sometimes, the more sleep you get, the more sleepy you feel.

doubt it, cause 2 weeks a go I was averaging 3 hours a night felt the same and now I'm sleeping I think 8-10 a night

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I have no clue.on the vitamins and iron. probably not, been eating practically nothing but cheese sticks the last week. though I did have steak enchilada's with mole sauce last night.

Well, that's probably it.

Eat up!

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
When I was running missions daily, I would go to sleep for 6-8 hours and rest the whole time.. but wake up feeling like I never bothered with it all. The tasks and the stress of my daily life was just simply draining, and there wasn't much I could do about it until I got home and had time to relax.

Im actually very sympathetic to this though, since it's NO fun sleeping and not resting at the same time.

Didums

Sleep isn't everything, if you aren't getting enough base nutrients every day it is just as bad as not sleeping enough, you are definitely depriving your body in some way.

I'd actually say that its worse than not sleeping enough lol.

Nighthawk

MBTI Type
INTP
I have the same issue. I get 8-12 hours of sleep per night, but still feel exhausted most of the time. Granted, my problem is medication that I take for Tourettes knocking me out. The shrink gave me some other medication to counter it ... which has the added benefit of making me more focused in my day-to-day work. I don't really like it, but it appears to be the hand I've been dealt.

Ironically, when I was on vacation in the Caribbean, I could get up fairly early every morning feeling refreshed and ready for the day. Maybe there is some pollutant in the air here in Dallas the makes it difficult to get good sleep. Also, I often wonder if I'm not getting enough REM sleep. I dream a lot however, and almost instantly after I fall asleep. I even dream when I sleep for only 5 minutes. Not sure what is going on there.

yugyug

MBTI Type
I?TP
I find that whatever is going on in my daily life affects how restful my sleep is, even if I get 8 hours. If I'm experiencing stress at work, for instance, I'll feel tired all the time, even if I got enough sleep hours. Then, when on vacation away from that (as Nighthawk described), I wake up feeling refreshed and alert (well rested).

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
You could be dreaming a lot, even if you don't remember.

no i do remember, I had at least three last night. One included hiding a body. that's kinda why i stated I've been getting plenty of rest.

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Well, that's a yuck dream and the yuck ones usually leave me tired and drained.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Well, that's a yuck dream and the yuck ones usually leave me tired and drained.

no it wasn't that bad. what happened was I was a character from a show I like and I had left my body and my sisters (or her sister's depending how you look at it) asked if I had re entered my body, I hadn't but I lied so then they left and I'm (my body, but it's her body, but I'm her so it's me) lying in the middle of the hall so I pick my body up and look for a place to hide it. The next moment I'm me, as in my own body and I'm carrying around a dead cat, for some reason I'm trying to hide that. I decide to hide it in my room then I go out side and my dog is their (she's been dead for years) and it's like I can communicate with the dog and I'm trying to show her something and she keeps going no no that's alright I really don't want to know but I keep insisting my mom comes out sees what I'm doing calls me a freak and i think that's the end. Ok I can see how parts of that seem stressful.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Turns out I just had a virus. Wooohoo! don't think ever been so happy that it was a virus but I was throwing up all sunday night until I had nothing left felt nauseous all day yesterday so I took the day off as I didn't want to throw up during class. Now I feel better and rested. took forever to actually do anything, I swear I felt crappy for about a week. Couldn't figure out why.

I really should learn not to panic, I got this from my mom. But when I'm sick I usually at most feel crappy for a few days.