User Tag List

First 12

Thread: Plenty of sleep

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

When I was running missions daily, I would go to sleep for 6-8 hours and rest the whole time.. but wake up feeling like I never bothered with it all. The tasks and the stress of my daily life was just simply draining, and there wasn't much I could do about it until I got home and had time to relax.

Im actually very sympathetic to this though, since it's NO fun sleeping and not resting at the same time.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Sleep isn't everything, if you aren't getting enough base nutrients every day it is just as bad as not sleeping enough, you are definitely depriving your body in some way.

I'd actually say that its worse than not sleeping enough lol.

MBTI
    INTP

I have the same issue. I get 8-12 hours of sleep per night, but still feel exhausted most of the time. Granted, my problem is medication that I take for Tourettes knocking me out. The shrink gave me some other medication to counter it ... which has the added benefit of making me more focused in my day-to-day work. I don't really like it, but it appears to be the hand I've been dealt.

Ironically, when I was on vacation in the Caribbean, I could get up fairly early every morning feeling refreshed and ready for the day. Maybe there is some pollutant in the air here in Dallas the makes it difficult to get good sleep. Also, I often wonder if I'm not getting enough REM sleep. I dream a lot however, and almost instantly after I fall asleep. I even dream when I sleep for only 5 minutes. Not sure what is going on there.

MBTI
    I?TP

I find that whatever is going on in my daily life affects how restful my sleep is, even if I get 8 hours. If I'm experiencing stress at work, for instance, I'll feel tired all the time, even if I got enough sleep hours. Then, when on vacation away from that (as Nighthawk described), I wake up feeling refreshed and alert (well rested).

MBTI
    ISTJ

You could be dreaming a lot, even if you don't remember.
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

It's Mizzz ST, thank you...

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Bella View Post
    You could be dreaming a lot, even if you don't remember.
    no i do remember, I had at least three last night. One included hiding a body. that's kinda why i stated I've been getting plenty of rest.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ISTJ

Well, that's a yuck dream and the yuck ones usually leave me tired and drained.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Bella View Post
    Well, that's a yuck dream and the yuck ones usually leave me tired and drained.
    no it wasn't that bad. what happened was I was a character from a show I like and I had left my body and my sisters (or her sister's depending how you look at it) asked if I had re entered my body, I hadn't but I lied so then they left and I'm (my body, but it's her body, but I'm her so it's me) lying in the middle of the hall so I pick my body up and look for a place to hide it. The next moment I'm me, as in my own body and I'm carrying around a dead cat, for some reason I'm trying to hide that. I decide to hide it in my room then I go out side and my dog is their (she's been dead for years) and it's like I can communicate with the dog and I'm trying to show her something and she keeps going no no that's alright I really don't want to know but I keep insisting my mom comes out sees what I'm doing calls me a freak and i think that's the end. Ok I can see how parts of that seem stressful.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    ISTJ

er..yes.

MBTI
    yupp

Turns out I just had a virus. Wooohoo! don't think ever been so happy that it was a virus but I was throwing up all sunday night until I had nothing left felt nauseous all day yesterday so I took the day off as I didn't want to throw up during class. Now I feel better and rested. took forever to actually do anything, I swear I felt crappy for about a week. Couldn't figure out why.

I really should learn not to panic, I got this from my mom. But when I'm sick I usually at most feel crappy for a few days.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all