User Tag List

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Default Fibromyalgia Question

Does anybody else on this forum have fibromyalgia (or symptoms thereof)?
    "If you try to build something that is idiot-proof, the universe will build a better idiot."
    I'm an extrovert trapped within an introverted soul.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

So sorry to hear you have this! My sister has a very severe case of it and has suffered horribly for years. I have had chronic pain that has been diagnosed as fibromyalgia, and I have taken various prescription medications for it, but I went off of all of those by choice when they were giving me bad side effects.

For me it was chronic muscle tension and spasms that caused a lot of pain and some involuntary muscle jerking, and including some vomiting from the pain. There would be a feeling of pressure throughout my body and it would feel like I way lying on the bottom of the ocean, which also caused a great deal of fatigue. I do think mine was stress related, and so it has been better during the last few years, but any type of chronic pain is really, really, really horrible, so I'm sorry to hear you deal with it.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by labyrinthine View Post
    So sorry to hear you have this! My sister has a very severe case of it and has suffered horribly for years. I have had chronic pain that has been diagnosed as fibromyalgia, and I have taken various prescription medications for it, but I went off of all of those by choice when they were giving me bad side effects.

For me it was chronic muscle tension and spasms that caused a lot of pain and some involuntary muscle jerking, and including some vomiting from the pain. There would be a feeling of pressure throughout my body and it would feel like I way lying on the bottom of the ocean, which also caused a great deal of fatigue. I do think mine was stress related, and so it has been better during the last few years, but any type of chronic pain is really, really, really horrible, so I'm sorry to hear you deal with it.
    Thank you for that. During my reading on the subject of fibromyalgia I have found that it is associated with the HSP (Highly Sensitive Person).
    The Highly Sensitive Person –

That doesn't mean an HSP will have FM, but rather the reverse: A person with FM will be an HSP.
    "If you try to build something that is idiot-proof, the universe will build a better idiot."
    Likes labyrinthine liked this post

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by labyrinthine View Post

After re-reading that, it sounds like Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. It is easily confused with FM. I have a little CFS. I found that it is related to dietary issues, but I don't know why it would suddenly affect me because I've had pretty much the same diet since forever.
    Likes labyrinthine liked this post