User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 116

  1. #81
    Senior Member LindseyLadybug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    202

    Default

    My mom and I did Michael Thurmond's 6 week body makeover. It tells you which foods speed up your metabolism for your specific body type (A, B, C, D, or E) and which foods slow it down. Also, which excercises are best for your type. We've both lost 70 pounds in 1 1/2 yrs.

  2. #82
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LindseyLadybug View Post
    My mom and I did Michael Thurmond's 6 week body makeover. It tells you which foods speed up your metabolism for your specific body type (A, B, C, D, or E) and which foods slow it down. Also, which excercises are best for your type. We've both lost 70 pounds in 1 1/2 yrs.
    Hey cool, could you tell me more about the specific body types? I would like to know which type I am and which foods are 'good'.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

  3. #83
    Senior Member Grayscale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    istp
    Posts
    1,962

    Default

    if you did the calculations i put in earlier, you should be just about right... if youre losing fat, gaining energy, and not feeling too hungry, you've got it. 1-2 lbs a week is best.

    if you arent losing fat, losing lean body mass, or are feeling super tired due to hunger and exhaustion, thats a sign you're eating too much or too little, or the wrong things.

    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Most effective exercise you can do is pushing yourself away from the dinner table. It is much easier to reduce calories than to burn them off. If you do nothing more than reduce total calories consumed, eat earlier dinner, give up all sugary drinks, and get good sleep you will lose weight.
    i disagree with this notion... there is a reason why they say "diet and exercise" instead of just diet.

    the reason is because without exercise, past eating foods that have a higher nutrition-to-calorie ratio, the biggest caloric deficit you can manage is only going to be a few hundred calories for most people.

    exercise does 3 important things--

    1) it increases your calories used in a day without increasing your base metabolic rate (which you should never eat less than) allowing you a larger caloric deficit.

    2) it keeps your metabolism high, our bodies actually have a small window in which to adjust metabolism based on how many food someone is eating. if you eat less, this is naturally going to shift towards the low end of things.

    3) it develops muscle, which burn more calories. this is important in the long term as it helps curb your weight loss plateu. very overweight people can lose weight faster because they are usually in poor shape and have to work harder, and their BMR is higher. with diet alone, the last 10-15 lbs will be difficult to lose and probably take a very long time.


    good exercise is like torque diet will help you lose a lot of weight initially but exercise ensures you progress through the steepest parts.

  4. #84
    Senior Member The Third Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    ENFj
    Posts
    767

    Default

    I go to the gym, right now I have 17.7% body fat and I am looking to get it to about 12% in the next few months. I hate to say it but I am a little weak when it comes to my eating habbits. lol I mean, I don't eat burgers or drink soda and I even stopped drinking liqor too but I need to focus more. I lost 15 LBS put I need to do more. I gotten a lot stronger too, its pretty cool. I am thinking of going to the gym in the morning too, as it is I go to the gym at least 4 times a weak for about 1:30 hours.
    ENFJ 3W4

    If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

    *Actual time may vary.

  5. #85
    Senior Member Grayscale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    istp
    Posts
    1,962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Third Rider View Post
    I go to the gym, right now I have 17.7% body fat and I am looking to get it to about 12% in the next few months. I hate to say it but I am a little weak when it comes to my eating habbits. lol I mean, I don't eat burgers or drink soda and I even stopped drinking liqor too but I need to focus more. I lost 15 LBS put I need to do more. I gotten a lot stronger too, its pretty cool. I am thinking of going to the gym in the morning too, as it is I go to the gym at least 4 times a weak for about 1:30 hours.
    personally i hate the gym, i think it's boring. call me stubborn but i refuse to think maintaining health should be a chore. ive learned to think in terms of activities to replace more conventional exercises and that makes doing something every day a lot easier and more fun

    instead of upper body weight lifting, i like rock climbing (males are just poor form like that )
    instead of leg workouts, i like to hike with weight
    instead of aerobics, just about any sport will work... i like ice hockey, paintball, martial arts, tennis

  6. #86
    Senior Member The Third Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    ENFj
    Posts
    767

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    personally i hate the gym, i think it's boring. call me stubborn but i refuse to think maintaining health should be a chore. ive learned to think in terms of activities to replace more conventional exercises and that makes doing something every day a lot easier and more fun

    instead of upper body weight lifting, i like rock climbing (males are just poor form like that )
    instead of leg workouts, i like to hike with weight
    instead of aerobics, just about any sport will work... i like ice hockey, paintball, martial arts, tennis
    When I first started going to the gym I thought it was the most boring thing ever, and extremely painful no less. I remember the days that I could not even sit down properly after doing my legs.lol When I first started I couldn't lift 90lbs with my legs without getting cramps now I can do several sets while lifting 540 lbs (yes I am a beast). I love going to the gym now, when I don't go I feel that itch in my body to want to go. Rock climing does sound like a lot of fun tough. I might try it some day.
    ENFJ 3W4

    If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

    *Actual time may vary.

  7. #87
    Senior Member LindseyLadybug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Hey cool, could you tell me more about the specific body types? I would like to know which type I am and which foods are 'good'.
    Yes, here is the website where you can take a quiz to figure out your body type:

    Provida Life Sciences | 6 Week Body Makeover

    It'll tell you a little bit about what to eat and what to avoid but in order to get all the info, exercises, etc you have to buy the kit. I think it costs like $140 but it's definitely worth it. It has changed my life....as cliche as that sounds. I'm type A which has the slowest (okay, pretty much no) metabolism. If I can do it, anyone can! If it doesn't work, you can get all your money back if you return it within 8 weeks. We've told many of our friends about it and they've been successful on this too. Do you want to see my "before" picture? lol

  8. #88
    Senior Member The Third Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    ENFj
    Posts
    767

    Default

    Interesting so I am type C its seems. I really need to get on a better eating regiment.
    ENFJ 3W4

    If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

    *Actual time may vary.

  9. #89
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LindseyLadybug View Post
    Yes, here is the website where you can take a quiz to figure out your body type:

    Provida Life Sciences | 6 Week Body Makeover

    It'll tell you a little bit about what to eat and what to avoid but in order to get all the info, exercises, etc you have to buy the kit. I think it costs like $140 but it's definitely worth it. It has changed my life....as cliche as that sounds. I'm type A which has the slowest (okay, pretty much no) metabolism. If I can do it, anyone can! If it doesn't work, you can get all your money back if you return it within 8 weeks. We've told many of our friends about it and they've been successful on this too. Do you want to see my "before" picture? lol
    That was really helpful: here's what it said:

    Based on your answers to the Body Type Quiz,

    As a Body Type C, your body builds and maintains lean muscle easily, which is good because muscle burns fat. Additionally, your metabolism is not as sluggish as several of the other body types - unfortunately, it is still not fast enough to keep you lean. The rate of your metabolism is the primary consideration in how your body gains or loses weight. The good news is: As a Type C, since you have plenty of muscle tissue to help you burn fat fast, once you use your custom eating plan to speed up your overall metabolic rate, you should see results extremely fast and have little trouble keeping the weight off after the program is done.

    Your Customized Eating Plan will use foods specifically chosen to work with your body chemistry in an accelerated eating schedule to "jumpstart" your metabolism so your body sheds fat quickly, revealing the mesomorph (muscular) body underneath. Because your body builds and maintains lean muscle easily, your metabolism isn't quite as sluggish as some of the other body types. That means you donít have to be quite so careful with "simple" carbohydrates such as fruits and starchy vegetables. In addition to the extremely complex carbs like potatoes and yams and fruits like strawberries, peaches and fresh pineapple, your body will also do well with slightly "sweeter" fruits like apples, bananas & honeydew. By eating the right combination of foods for your Body Type, youíll be able to stop starving, start eating more and lose body fat faster than you ever thought possible.

    The ratio of fat and muscle in your body reveals much about your metabolism and body chemistry. Metabolism is essentially the rate at which your body converts food into energy. When you eat something, your body will use some of the food as fuel, eliminate the elements it has no use for, and store all the rest as body fat. The faster your metabolism, the more quickly your body uses food for energy and the less it stores as fat. With a very slow metabolism, your body converts food into energy much less efficiently and more of it gets stored as fat. Basically, if you want to lose fat you need to speed up your metabolism.

    As a Body Type C, your body is a combination of two basic physiological terms: a "mesomorph" which is a strong, muscular body like you might see on an athlete and an "endomorph" which is a body with soft, loose flesh and a tendency for easy weight gain. In your case, the mesomorph, or muscular Body Type, is dominant. The fact that you have such strong mesomorphic qualities is good because it means your body adds and maintains muscle tissue well, and that muscle burns far more fat than any other component of your body. The more lean muscle tissue you have, the more calories you burn all day long--even when you're sleeping. As a Body Type C, the best way to speed up you metabolism is to: 1) Preserve your bodyís lean muscle mass; and 2) Begin following an eating plan that is customized to your specific Body Type that will show you how to use the right foods, in the right combinations, in the right amounts, and at the right time of day to force your metabolism to run faster so your body burns more of the food you feed it as fuel and stores less as fat. Once that happens, weight loss happens quickly and naturally.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

  10. #90
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    I think body type C is accurate. Although I was never really skinny except when I starved myself for a period between 16-21, I was never really super fat. And check it out - after only a week of daily workouts and after 9 days I lost 1.5 kg of fat. That's crazy!!! Of course, if I don't work out and watch my diet, I put on weight quicker than you can say, "FAT!" On the other hand, I also lose weight quicker and notice a definite change in strength and weight/measurements after a short length of time.

    Like my husband said once, "You seem to be able to gain weight noticeably from one day to the next. I've never seen anything like it. On the other hand, when you go to the gym, I see the effects almost immediately!"
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Similar Threads

  1. Is a low calorie diet the best for weight loss?
    By Merrywille in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 03-23-2011, 05:56 PM
  2. Excess skin after weight loss inevitable?
    By raz in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-09-2009, 07:31 AM
  3. [SJ] Fellow SJ's - Weight Loss Help!
    By Lambchop in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 09-29-2009, 05:00 PM
  4. The aftermath of weight loss
    By raz in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 07-13-2009, 04:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO