User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Bella View Post
    I like the treadmill, with different inclines. It's really good for your bum. I like the rowing machine too.
    Really? Is it better than the stepper? Or the elliptical machine?

If I did that I would have to walk up a steep incline because I had a back OP and am not allowed to jog anymore....

But I would appreciate your input! Thanks!
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ISTJ

For a few months I only did the treadmill with inclines and I really saw a difference. And I don't run at all, I just walk really fast. Then I added some rowing machine and elliptical.
    When it was only treadmill, I did about 45 mins, but with the other two it was: treadmill, 25 mins, rowing 10 mins and elliptical, 10 mins.
    And it works.
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

It's Mizzz ST, thank you...

MBTI
    ISTJ

^if you Google 'treadmill blah, blah' you can find some incline programmes.
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

It's Mizzz ST, thank you...

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Bella View Post
    For a few months I only did the treadmill with inclines and I really saw a difference. And I don't run at all, I just walk really fast. Then I added some rowing machine and elliptical.
    When it was only treadmill, I did about 45 mins, but with the other two it was: treadmill, 25 mins, rowing 10 mins and elliptical, 10 mins.
    And it works.
    Hey, awesome, I might give that a shot and see what happens. I'm actually meeting up with my PT on Monday, so I will ask him to show me the rowing machine gig, and then I can give it a go!! Thanks for the tip. (Besides it is good to give your body a little change).
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    INXP

The cross country ski style machines are great.. work out legs and arms, and non impact. Lots of calories burned there.

Are they called a cross-trainer maybe? I forget the names!

MBTI
    ENTP

Most effective exercise you can do is pushing yourself away from the dinner table. It is much easier to reduce calories than to burn them off. If you do nothing more than reduce total calories consumed, eat earlier dinner, give up all sugary drinks, and get good sleep you will lose weight.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Most effective exercise you can do is pushing yourself away from the dinner table. It is much easier to reduce calories than to burn them off. If you do nothing more than reduce total calories consumed, eat earlier dinner, give up all sugary drinks, and get good sleep you will lose weight.
    Especially shitty food. Honestly if you abolish all(most if you really love em) sweets and deserts and just try and redirect your cravings into healthier foods you will be MUCH better off. Sugary shit absolutely KILLS your diet.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    The cross country ski style machines are great.. work out legs and arms, and non impact. Lots of calories burned there.

Are they called a cross-trainer maybe? I forget the names!
    I love elliptical machines, which are called cross-trainers here because they work arms and legs.

I am watching my diet. I think 1500 is good for a diet with not too many calories but enough when working out or what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    Especially shitty food. Honestly if you abolish all(most if you really love em) sweets and deserts and just try and redirect your cravings into healthier foods you will be MUCH better off. Sugary shit absolutely KILLS your diet.
    Yeah, I know. Sometimes I cheat. I need to watch out for that.

But I think I'm making good progress so far.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    I am watching my diet. I think 1500 is good for a diet with not too many calories but enough when working out or what do you think?
    Exercise just makes me hungry, so whenever I need to drop a few lbs to get back to the goal I just restrict calories: small portions, earlier meals, big breakfast or lunch and small dinner. Relative equilibrium rather than stasis.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    xNFP

Exercise just makes me hungry, so whenever I need to drop a few lbs to get back to the goal I just restrict calories: small portions, earlier meals, big breakfast or lunch and small dinner. Relative equilibrium rather than stasis.
    Well, generally my breakfast is something like a whole-grain roll with turkey breast, lettuce, tomatoes and cucumber with a little bit of butter and some mustard. With that, I usually drink between 250 ml and 500 ml of milk, depending.

Throughout the day, I drink a lot of unsweetened tea, water, water-juice mixes, and a little bit of coffee.

For lunch, I have an apple and a banana or a fruit salad and two of these protein balance bars that have about all the nutrition you need for one meal at about 350 kcal.

Dinnertime usually consists of a salad with some form of protein (usually boiled egg or fish). Sometimes I admittedly cheat and eat a piece of bread with a bit of chocolate/hazelnut creme (BAD GIRL!!! Especially at dinner!!!). When I'm not bad, it's usually just the salad and some fruit and/or yogurt for dessert.

If I ever get super hungry between meals, I usually get a salad with oil/vinegar dressing, but that generally does not happen anymore since my body got used to the restricted calories.

I cut out ice cream and sweets (except my little cheats once every three days or so). I never, ever really drink soda, so that's not a problem. Sometimes I drink cola zero for a little treat when I go to the movies, but I think that's okay (oh yeah, and I cheat and buy a small popcorn to celebrate my success - dumb huh??? LOL).

However, I think it's going quite well at the moment.

Today I also went to the gym and did 30 minutes elliptical machine, 15 minutes stepper with 5 minute cool down, 30 minutes weights. This time I did my calisthenics with weights (that's why it took longer) because I needed more resistance.

Not only am I losing weight, but I'm losing fat. I know this because my gym has a fat analysis machine that measures fat mass, mass that isn't fat, and water weight. So that's good news.

I'm also glad that it's not happening too fast - that means it will stay off as long as I stay on track.

My posture and strength and energy are also better, so that's an extra bonus. That's important for my back because I had a back OP.

Besides, I've started working on my shoulders with weights as well.

Hmm, I don't know if there's any other news worth mentioning, but thank you to everyone for your comments, advice and support because it's definitely helping me to keep on track!