User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Have you considered doing some shoulder exercises?

I found those along with back and ab work REALLY helped my posture and contributed to having a decent midsection. I'm curious as to what back weight lifting exercises you plan on doing as well. It looks like you're making good progress and learning, I noticed you knew when it was time to change your scheme a little bit which is good, lifting and working out near full capacity(or at least somewhat taxing depending on your goals) is what gets results.

From the bodybuilding site I used to frequent I found that a lot of the girls really loved leg exercises especially squats, they work your glutes, quads and hams, basically the whole leg but they are challenging.

Are you currently incorporating any leg routines or at least lower body?
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Today, I was a good girl in terms of exercise. 45 min stepper, 5 min cool down (avg. heart rate = 130, 162 flights, level 5/1); 20 minutes weights; 15 minutes calisthenics. Then 2 rounds of sauna (yeah, I know that doesn't count, but who gives a crap?).

Aimahn, to address your question - well hell, I thought all those exercises work the back at least indirectly??? Those were the exercises I did during my rehab after my back OP.

And to work on legs and butt, I typically go on the stepper every second day. I don't want to do too much....Just enough to tone a bit. Perhaps later on I can do something else.

Those are good tips. I will incorporate them into my workouts bit by bit. Thanks a lot.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    xNFP

Just out of curiosity, what would happen if I stopped eating entirely and just drank water? Would I lose fat super fast?
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    INTP

You probably would lose weight but a lot of it would be muscle and you would set yourself back incredibly fast. That's the main reason why those crash diet's usually fail, because the rebound effect, after you restrict your calories that low your body tries to maintain equilibrium so it gets use to super low calories and adjusts accordingly once you go to a much more "normal" state your body no longer needs to compensate and the weight will come back on with a vengeance.

Thats actually one of the biggest lessons I learned. FOOD is very important. Never forget it and always try and be reasonable with it, don't ever try and expedite the process by just cutting back a lot, it is never a good idea your body need energy and if it doesn't get it you will pay for it later.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    xNFP

Okay, thanks! So I am doing the right thing by eating 1200-1500 kcal a day?

MBTI
    INTP

Yes I would assume so. I heard you mentioned a personal trainer, so I would guess he would have an accurate measurement based on your metabolism. I don't think I would be the best authority figure on that, lol I'm taking full advantage of being an 19 year old boy with a good metabolism, currently at least(pigging out a bit)

But yes I think that is a good amount basing it on the 2000 calorie "standard" diet, which applies more to you than me, but I would suggest maintaining a healthy amount. Closer to 1500 seems better to me, especially since you are working out consistently.

I think its always better to feel like you're eating clean but not necessarily dieting heavily but at the same time making that up in terms of working out, which it seems like your doing an excellent job on!!

MBTI
    xNFP

Awesome news today!!!

On Oct. 9th I weighed in on the weight analysis scale with the following values at 14:00.

Weight: 65.3 kg
    BMI: 26.4
    Fat Mass: 20.5 kg
    Mass that is not fat: 44.8
    Percent body fat: 31.X% (I forget the other figure)

Today, Oct. 20th I weighed in on the weight analysis scale with the following values at 10:30.

Weight: 63.3 kg
    BMI: 25.7
    Fat Mass: 19.0 (CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!! I lost 1500g of fat!!!!!!!)
    Mass that is not fat: 44.3
    Percent body fat: 30.0% (Woo hoo!!!!!)

So yeah!!! HA! See, the measurement figures were right!!!! Muahahahahaha! And it came off the *right* places, not the *wrong* places, if you catch my drift!

I asked him why the mass that is not fat would decrease, and he said it probably had something to do with the fact that I had eaten lunch before I weighed in the last time. YAY!

MBTI
    istp

nice work

MBTI
    xNFP

Thanks so much!

Yeah today I worked out but not so much because I did not have too much time. But I thought before I gave it up today, it's better to do it a little while. So I did 30 minutes stepper (but more intensely) about 25 minutes weights and 5 minutes calisthenics.

Ate about hmm 1400-1500 kcal today.

MBTI
    ISTJ

I like the treadmill, with different inclines. It's really good for your bum. I like the rowing machine too.
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

It's Mizzz ST, thank you...