User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

1. Holy shit girl! I would DIE eating that sort of diet.. >.>

Ugh.. Im definitely NOT a nutritionist, but I do know if you exercise a good amount everyday, and you pick healthier options and stay away from sodawater and junk, you'll be fine.

However extreme you take it from there, I'll root for you on the sidelines while eating my bigass cheeseburger extra pickles.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    1. Holy shit girl! I would DIE eating that sort of diet.. >.>

Ugh.. Im definitely NOT a nutritionist, but I do know if you exercise a good amount everyday, and you pick healthier options and stay away from sodawater and junk, you'll be fine.

However extreme you take it from there, I'll root for you on the sidelines while eating my bigass cheeseburger extra pickles.
    Thank you, hon!!!! And I can vicariously enjoy that bigass cheeseburger through you!!
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    lol... this is literally the only way to lose weight, i mean, except for cutting off limbs or something.

youre probably thinking of people who eat so little that their body begins to not only burn fat for energy, but digest lean mass like muscles, bones, and organs for nutrients. also, it will slow your metabolism so that the fat lost will actually be even less than you would if you had a smaller deficit.

what you have to do is ensure you eat enough calories and nutrients that your body is getting everything it needs, but less total calories than you need so your body will use fat to make up the difference. this is done by eating better quality foods... think more nutritional bang for your caloric buck, then cutting out some foods like complex carbohydrates that are a primarily for energy.

someone who eats 3000 calories a day of junk food isnt eating nearly as well as someone who eats half as much calories of healthy food. junk food tends to be high in sugar and carbohydrates, so the person who eats healthy will probably feel hungry quite a bit more often, that's a sign that they have a higher, healthier metabolism that isnt being fed by processed sugars and such.
    I actually just didn't look very closely at it, lol. I thought she said that she burned the 1700 calories just from exercise, which I've seen a lot of people do

EDIT: I don't think eating 2-3 meals a day is enough though. I'm going to work right now but I'll take a better look at it later.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    xNFP

lol... this is literally the only way to lose weight, i mean, except for cutting off limbs or something.

youre probably thinking of people who eat so little that their body begins to not only burn fat for energy, but digest lean mass like muscles, bones, and organs for nutrients. also, it will slow your metabolism so that the fat lost will actually be even less than you would if you had a smaller deficit.

what you have to do is ensure you eat enough calories and nutrients that your body is getting everything it needs, but less total calories than you need so your body will use fat to make up the difference. this is done by eating better quality foods... think more nutritional bang for your caloric buck, then cutting out some foods like complex carbohydrates that are a primarily for energy.

someone who eats 3000 calories a day of junk food isnt eating nearly as well as someone who eats half as much calories of healthy food. junk food tends to be high in sugar and carbohydrates, so the person who eats healthy will probably feel hungry quite a bit more often, that's a sign that they have a higher, healthier metabolism that isnt being fed by processed sugars and such.
    This is a really good point. As my husband said, even chocolate has vitamins, but the amount of vitamins a chocolate bar has in relation to its caloric value is significantly less than that of, say, a salad. That's why people say chocolate is 'unhealthy' because that 500 kcal of goodness carries only about 1/100th the vitamins and minerals that a salad has (heh, if that).
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    I actually just didn't look very closely at it, lol. I thought she said that she burned the 1700 calories just from exercise, which I've seen a lot of people do
    No worries. I bet you know a lot about it, and I look forward to reading any bits of helpful advice or tips you may have.

MBTI
    istp

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post

EDIT: I don't think eating 2-3 meals a day is enough though. I'm going to work right now but I'll take a better look at it later.
    if you think thats crazy, go check out the diets that the olympic atheletes are on. michael phelps eats something like 10,000 a day.

and i agree, it's better to eat 4-5 smaller meals than 2-3 big ones. your body actually conditions itself based on when you usually eat (ever notice you feel hungry the same time every day?)

i eat 3 meals and 3 snacks in between it really seems to help your metabolism, it's kinda annoying. i eat this big meal and 1 hour later i feel hungry again.

MBTI
    xNFP

if you think thats crazy, go check out the diets that the olympic atheletes are on. michael phelps eats something like 10,000 a day.
    TEN THOUSAND???? HOLY CRAP????

MBTI
    istp

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    TEN THOUSAND???? HOLY CRAP????
    when i am doing a long day of mountain climbing i will eat about 5000-6000 and that seems like a disgusting amount to me, i have no idea how he does it without completely hating food by the end of the day.

i wish i had the dietitians and cooks those guys have.

edit: holy crap!

"Here’s Phelps’s typical menu. (No, he doesn’t choose among these options. He eats them all, according to the Post.)

Breakfast: Three fried-egg sandwiches loaded with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, fried onions and mayonnaise. Two cups of coffee. One five-egg omelet. One bowl of grits. Three slices of French toast topped with powdered sugar. Three chocolate-chip pancakes.

Lunch: One pound of enriched pasta. Two large ham and cheese sandwiches with mayo on white bread. Energy drinks packing 1,000 calories.

Dinner: One pound of pasta. An entire pizza. More energy drinks.

But what about the choice of foods? All those eggs and ham and cheese can’t possibly be good for him, can they? Says Klion, “I think for him, because of his caloric demands, he can probably eat whatever he wants to.

If you eat fewer calories than you burn exercising, you lose weight. But an athlete like Phelps, who exercises up a storm, has to worry about eating enough to replenish the scads of calories he’s burned. If he doesn’t, Klion explains, his “body won’t recover, the muscles will not recover, there will not be adequate energy stored for him to compete in his next event.”

MBTI
    xNFP

when i am doing a long day of mountain climbing i will eat about 5000-6000 and that seems like a disgusting amount to me, i have no idea how he does it without completely hating food by the end of the day.

i wish i had the dietitians and cooks those guys have.

edit: holy crap!

"Here’s Phelps’s typical menu. (No, he doesn’t choose among these options. He eats them all, according to the Post.)

Breakfast: Three fried-egg sandwiches loaded with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, fried onions and mayonnaise. Two cups of coffee. One five-egg omelet. One bowl of grits. Three slices of French toast topped with powdered sugar. Three chocolate-chip pancakes.

Lunch: One pound of enriched pasta. Two large ham and cheese sandwiches with mayo on white bread. Energy drinks packing 1,000 calories.

Dinner: One pound of pasta. An entire pizza. More energy drinks.

But what about the choice of foods? All those eggs and ham and cheese can’t possibly be good for him, can they? Says Klion, “I think for him, because of his caloric demands, he can probably eat whatever he wants to.

If you eat fewer calories than you burn exercising, you lose weight. But an athlete like Phelps, who exercises up a storm, has to worry about eating enough to replenish the scads of calories he’s burned. If he doesn’t, Klion explains, his “body won’t recover, the muscles will not recover, there will not be adequate energy stored for him to compete in his next event.”
    Unreal!!!!!! It must be nice to have that problem!!! (Oh damn, will I eat enough today????). Ughhh, I don't think I've ever had that problem.

Cure: Become an Olympic athlete.

Just kidding lol.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Phelps is a beast. A manly, erotic 10,000calorie eating beast.

Swimming aside though, Just don't get stuck eating all the same shit! Your body thrives off of variety.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge