User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by The Third Rider View Post
    Interesting so I am type C its seems. I really need to get on a better eating regiment.
    You're not alone!
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    INFJ

I'm glad it helped you, Little Linguist!

By the way, your cat is super adorable!

MBTI
    xNFP

*sigh*
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    I think body type C is accurate. Although I was never really skinny except when I starved myself for a period between 16-21, I was never really super fat. And check it out - after only a week of daily workouts and after 9 days I lost 1.5 kg of fat. That's crazy!!! Of course, if I don't work out and watch my diet, I put on weight quicker than you can say, "FAT!" On the other hand, I also lose weight quicker and notice a definite change in strength and weight/measurements after a short length of time.

Like my husband said once, "You seem to be able to gain weight noticeably from one day to the next. I've never seen anything like it. On the other hand, when you go to the gym, I see the effects almost immediately!"
    Yea I would say learning about body types was the single most important thing I learned about exercise and diet. Its at the core of any program and serves as a bullshit detector for all those fad diets and products. Seriously, it helps understanding how your body acts and reacts the way it does and allows you to be comfortable and at peace with your diet. It gives you parameters too for your diet program so you don't feel like you are just restricted to a blanket egg whites and salad type thing.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    Yea I would say learning about body types was the single most important thing I learned about exercise and diet. Its at the core of any program and serves as a bullshit detector for all those fad diets and products. Seriously, it helps understanding how your body acts and reacts the way it does and allows you to be comfortable and at peace with your diet. It gives you parameters too for your diet program so you don't feel like you are just restricted to a blanket egg whites and salad type thing.
    Yeah, I hope it does not degenerate into that...I really do.

I've found this site helpful in the past: FitDay.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    I've found this site helpful in the past: FitDay.
    Thanks, I will check it out.

MBTI
    xNFP

Okay, I had a really weird occurrence today while I was at the gym. Okay, so I went on the stepper as I usually do and my heart rate was normal (since I walk there and I was carrying my bag and it's heavier than usual today) 98. So I started at level 5, which usually keeps my heart rate between 110 and 140.

So about ten minutes in my heart rate jumps like crazy. I mean it was like 120 just starting out, which is weird, because it is usually around 110 at this point. Then it just started racing at like 180 and jumping down to 150 and going to 130 and then 150, and I felt really weird, like....exhausted. So I thought, okay, maybe I'm just being weird and the thing is freaking out or conflicting with someone else's heart thing. But then the only person close to me left and it was still doing that. So I thought, okay let's take a break and do something else.

I went on the weights, doing the weight I normally do, and it felt so much heavier than usual. I got tired so fast, which doesn't normally happen.

THEN when I was walking home because I thought, okay obviously my body does not want to work out today, I had to stop like 10 times on the way home and I felt kinda dizzy, which was weird, that NEVER happened to me before, even with a heavy bag. I walk, like EVERYWHERE.

So then I thought, okay, maybe I'm dehydrated, but my urine is a healthy, almost clear color??!!! And besides I drank like 5 cups of herbal tea and about 1 L of water, so I don't think that should leave me dehydrated.

I think I just need a little break today? Or maybe it's because my period's due? Or maybe I'm coming down with something? Weird. Really weird????

Any ideas what could be wrong? Maybe I'm overdoing it....

MBTI
    GONE

Hey LL! Just thought I'd pop in and see how you're doing.

My roommates did the 6 Week Body Makeover and as they were cooking regularly, managed to lose weight.

However, if you're a non-detail oriented person (*ahem* ENFP) it's trickier to stick to. I could imagine an INFJ would have the discipline to learn and understand and then stick to such a diet. Congrats Lady Bug!

I say go for it if it helps. I just know that for myself, I use nutrition science roughly. I know eating some carbs and protein before and/or after working out helps with muscle formation.

I'm a type B myself. I think that means cut out carbs and such. But living in a vegan hippie house that's a bit tough.

I like concentrating on excercise myself. Burn those calories! Eat what you want. After figuring out a relatively 'healthy' overall diet that is easy to live with.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    xNFP

Default It's been a long time!!!!!!

Shit, I should do this again - consistently!!! (Yeah, right, as if)! But I'll give it a shot.

Warm up with 10 minutes of rowing on rowing machine.

Making progress with weights too (45-60 minutes, 3x 15-20 reps)

Bench press: 20 kg
    Fly: 20 kg
    Chin-up machine: 41 kg
    Rowing: 15 kg
    Cable machine (rowing squats): 80 kg
    Cable machine (fly): 20 kg
    Cable machine (expander): 30 kg
    Leg press: 93 kg
    Abductor: 40 kg
    Adductor: 40 kg
    Ab with cable machine and medicine ball: 40 kg

Today I went spinning for the first time - DAMN, that's hard!!! It's a great workout, though: I sweat like crazy!!!!!!

Ate pretty healthy:

Breakfast: 4 figs, 330 ml milk, protein bar
    Lunch: 1 tomato/mozzarella salad with a bit of oil and herbs, whole grain bread roll, protein bar
    Dinner: 1 mixed salad with dressing
    Water: 1.5 liters, Juice: 0.3 L, Milk coffee: 330 ml

Eh, I should have drunk more water, but hell on wheels... Not bad...I've been working out consistently again for a month woo hoo...now, damn it, don't lose interest and stay on target!!!!!

I need a whip. Really.