• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Vitality

Lark

Has anyone else experienced lulls or lows in vitality, I mean both physical energy and motivation, the physical energy loss being the prelude to the other but they are both linked and what solutions have you found?

I've been trying to identify all the things which could be adding to or detracting to my energy from the beginning of the new year, diet, hydration, sleep, exercise, are all factors I've identified but I'm interested in others experiences and what has been going right for them at times when they have been experiencing really high energy and motivation.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Yes. Then I had a blood test and my Vitamin D level was basically 0. Once I started taking supplements, I was good, even through the winter.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes, I've kind of been going through one for a while now. I've started taking vitamins, though. Maybe that will help.

I do feel like I'm gradually coming out of a lull.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Has anyone else experienced lulls or lows in vitality, I mean both physical energy and motivation, the physical energy loss being the prelude to the other but they are both linked and what solutions have you found?

I've been trying to identify all the things which could be adding to or detracting to my energy from the beginning of the new year, diet, hydration, sleep, exercise, are all factors I've identified but I'm interested in others experiences and what has been going right for them at times when they have been experiencing really high energy and motivation.

Yes. Several times but always due to bizarre,though easily explained reasons.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Interesting, it could be the darkness then.

Yeah, few people know how important Vitamin D is.

...and if it were "Practically zero" supplements will not help you. :rolleyes:

One year I was exhausted all the time. By 7pm I was dizzy, couldn't stand up straight. It was once my heart rate reached nearly cardiac arrest-levels, and was unable to walk ten ft without feinting, I saw a Dr who said my Vitamin D lvls were so low I need a blood transfusion. Until i was able to get it, staying awake through class was torture. I'd sneak out to the hallway and take a nap between an old chemistry cabinet and the wall.
Once I had a blood transfusion I felt quite a bit better but still needed to take about 50k IU for a few days and have been taking a daily supplement ever since.

Point being; Vitamin D is VERY important being too low can actually kill you...I had no idea myself.

Magnesium is also very important. Although I don't think cold or dark weather will have as much effect as it does on Vitamin D.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Yeah, few people know how important Vitamin D is.

...and if it were "Practically zero" supplements will not help you. :rolleyes:

One year I was exhausted all the time. By 7pm I was dizzy, couldn't stand up straight. It was once my heart rate reached nearly cardiac arrest-levels, and was unable to walk ten ft without feinting, I saw a Dr who said my Vitamin D lvls were so low I need a blood transfusion. Until i was able to get it, staying awake through class was torture. I'd sneak out to the hallway and take a nap between an old chemistry cabinet and the wall.
Once I had a blood transfusion I felt quite a bit better but still needed to take about 50k IU for a few days and have been taking a daily supplement ever since.

Point being; Vitamin D is VERY important being too low can actually kill you...I had no idea myself.

Magnesium is also very important. Although I don't think cold or dark weather will have as much effect as it does on Vitamin D.

I didn't need a blood transfusion and wasn't having cardiac arrest level heart rate but I do take 50k IU twice a week. I think the exact words they used were "4 ng/mL" when they got my blood work and anything under 12 is deficient.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Niacin increases my ability to focus for longer periods of time and a vitamin B complex reduces physical fatigue. The difference is very noticeable after a couple of days.

human101

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx
Try cold showers
waking up before 6 in the morning
not too much sex
working out
develop new skill or hobby.....

just some ideas

SurrealisticSlumbers

📠girl in an 🎠world
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, it's Vitamin D deficiency. Well, that's what I have. I spring to life in the spring! I was born in April, so, makes sense. But try to take vitamins, multi-vitamins if possible. Oh, and cod liver oil.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I haven't had any motivation for years. Like, I feel like I am just going through life. Just, going through, kind of twiddling my thumbs, thinking about tomorrow. And it's actually draining for me, like, I need to move on and do what I want to do. When I really think about it, anyways, because I'm like, I can't do this anymore. And it's like, a new year and all of that.

I do try and take vitamins; Biotin (hair/skin/nails -- although I don't know if I really notice a difference), vitamin C+D, and then digestive vitamins. There's been times where I've noticed differences in taking them. I'm sure they help, I'm just not fully.. sure how. Like I don't actively notice a difference.