• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

White Women Drinking themselves to death

Lark

I like to drink craft beers and whisky but I do so with moderation because I want to life long, prosper and get the most out of life.

On the other hand we all die, seeking longevity through healthy living may not result in more than extra days in the retirement home when all your unhealthy friends are dead and your family dont visit.

So you got to weigh it up.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I dont think that anyone white or other, women or other, should drink themselves to death, why the focus on white women?

Simple. The OP was posting this to slyly connect the topic of sexual assault to drinking. Which was in another hot topic thread at the time. So he made this one to "win" his argument here because he was getting his argument trashed in that thread.

I posted stats about how this has been an issue on college campuses for a while with no outcry or concern to protect men from themselves. I know because OP seemed to bristle when I made this issue inclusive to both sexes as the stats show men drink themselves and have been drinking themselves to death far longer than women have, since women have not been in colleges in the same numbers.

You would think that since alcohol over-indulgence is an issue that affects men negatively in greater numbers (linked to suicide) that the MRA's will come out in full force as they do in many threads to defend against sexism and make the issue balanced. Call for abstinence of drinking on college campuses, perhaps?

Crickets...why? Because alcohol isn't the issue here and everyone knows it. It's one factor of many. Alleviating it may help these issues that affect men and women but there's more work to do. Different causal connections the OP doesn't want to admit or face.

This thread is blatantly sexist. Just well hidden with false concern for a demographic that the OP, in many other threads, doesn't have the same sense of concern for as this one.

Eilonwy

Vulnerability
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think this is a case of zooming in too far and focusing on details in order to define a problem and find a possible cause (note: a cause, not a solution). Drinking yourself to death is nothing new--it's a symptom of being unable to adequately deal with emotions.

So, I think the real question is not why drinking has gone up in this demographic of women, but what factors are making it difficult for this demographic of women to deal adequately with their emotions? And I can further zoom out and just ask what factors are making it difficult for people to deal adequately with their emotions?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Is this thread asking why middle-aged white women are drinking themselves to death or why more young women are binge drinking on college campuses? Those are two completely different topics imo. This is what is confusing me about this thread because I do not think that excessive social drinking and drinking at home because of unhappiness are the same thing. What role does college play for middle aged women today drinking excessively? Were those same women that are now middle aged also drinking excessively in their 20's and 30's?

Middle aged women face very specific stresses that could be argued to the be the most difficult during life because they have so much extended family responsibility. College aged women also have stress, but it is completely different. What demographic are we talking about here, and what sort of drinking are we talking about?

If this thread is related to another thread about sexual assault, then I don't see the connection if it is discussing middle-aged women drinking too much at home. Can someone clarify which topic is being discussed here? Which demographic and context?

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is this thread asking why middle-aged white women are drinking themselves to death or why more young women are binge drinking on college campuses? Those are two completely different topics imo. This is what is confusing me about this thread because I do not think that excessive social drinking and drinking at home because of unhappiness are the same thing. What role does college play for middle aged women today drinking excessively? Were those same women that are now middle aged also drinking excessively in their 20's and 30's?

Middle aged women face very specific stresses that could be argued to the be the most difficult during life because they have so much extended family responsibility. College aged women also have stress, but it is completely different. What demographic are we talking about here, and what sort of drinking are we talking about?

If this thread is related to another thread about sexual assault, then I don't see the connection if it is discussing middle-aged women drinking too much at home. Can someone clarify which topic is being discussed here? Which demographic and context?

This was an old thread that somehow got re-ignited.

The thread you requested was in Support and Advice. The OP was a woman who got drunk and was coming to terms with how to define her experience that happened the night of. So debate was heated but kept at minimum due to where the thread was placed. Instead of bringing the subject of alcohol and sex assault in front for OPEN discussion (which was the correct thing to do). He couched his POV behind a subject that would "prove his point" via implication and back-door logic and made reference in the OP of it. Of course, that may be edited out. Who knows.

This thread was borne of that. Which is why half of this thread is confusing to the reader who doesn't know.

For all other intents and purposes, the topic is quite harmless for discussion. Although, I do not see the *alarm* for singling out a specific gender or racial demographic if alcohol abuse affects entire continuums of people. The stats I have shown in this thread demonstrate that while troubling, the rise in white women drinking more has more correlation to more white women in college and high pressure jobs.

Alcoholism doesn't discriminate.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Some people are so pathetic in how they project such nefarious motives on other posters. "Oh, there must be hidden motives and goals." If it was not so sad, it would be hillarious. I hope such posters find refuge from the demons of their lives rather than go around attacking others.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
No deaths...the ones with issues can join in the fun laughing at drunk people. May help brighten their day for bit.

yeah nothing cringy if you wouldn't want it on the internet of you don't do it to other people.

Lark

Simple. The OP was posting this to slyly connect the topic of sexual assault to drinking. Which was in another hot topic thread at the time. So he made this one to "win" his argument here because he was getting his argument trashed in that thread.

I posted stats about how this has been an issue on college campuses for a while with no outcry or concern to protect men from themselves. I know because OP seemed to bristle when I made this issue inclusive to both sexes as the stats show men drink themselves and have been drinking themselves to death far longer than women have, since women have not been in colleges in the same numbers.

You would think that since alcohol over-indulgence is an issue that affects men negatively in greater numbers (linked to suicide) that the MRA's will come out in full force as they do in many threads to defend against sexism and make the issue balanced. Call for abstinence of drinking on college campuses, perhaps?

Crickets...why? Because alcohol isn't the issue here and everyone knows it. It's one factor of many. Alleviating it may help these issues that affect men and women but there's more work to do. Different causal connections the OP doesn't want to admit or face.

This thread is blatantly sexist. Just well hidden with false concern for a demographic that the OP, in many other threads, doesn't have the same sense of concern for as this one.

Erich Fromm described that sort of "care" for others as sadistic, there are people to take caring roles because of the control they imagine it gives them, I've seen it in person and a lot of the "paternalistic" male chauvinism is more than a little like that.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hmmmm I think white women may drink mostly due to social pressure among said groups plus it has become over time more acceptable for women to drink so it may not be a problem but just a trend of social change.