User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    istp

Default diet composition

what does your diet consist of, categorically speaking? carbohydrates, proteins, fat, fiber, cholesterol, etc?

do you think you get all the nutrients and vitamins you need on a daily basis?

what types of food do you mostly eat? where or who do you get them from and why?

in the autumn and winter i tend to eat less carbohydrates and more protein, ive noticed it makes my metabolism go crazy (seems like im always hungry... like right now :sad

since im usually lazy about that sort of thing, although i eat well i have pretty poor variety... i try to take a vitamin supplement to make up for that. when i eat out, i like to get different things that i dont like to cook normally (vegetables, for one) so, for me, a fairly big part of eating at restaurants is having foods that i dont usually have access to since they take too long/too complicated to cook.

most of what i eat is simple foods, meat, bread, vegetables, fruit, etc. that are easy to prepare.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

It's easier to start with what I don't eat- sweets and dairy, and then move in.

I eat plenty of rice, legumes, seafood, vegetables and fruit.

I usually have a glass of wine a day, and probably 5 cups of tea.

Seasonal adjustments? I eat more fresh fruits and vegetables in the summer, from my parents garden and the farmers market. In the winter I eat more meat and I bake more bread.

I take a calcium supplement because I like having bones and don't consume dairy. Otherwise, I think I'm probably rather properly balanced dietarily!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ISTJ

I prefer getting protein from something other than red meat - soya milk for example. I try to eat sardines 3 times a week for the protein and calcium, tuna twice a week.
    Oatmeal or 5 grain cereal with a tablespoon of olive oil on a daily basis. A tablespoon of olive oil a day is so good for you.
    Fruit every day.
    Not been doing so good with this the last two weeks though, working too much.
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

It's Mizzz ST, thank you...

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Hmm - I'm on a diet right now, but I don't know if it is very healthy. I eat mostly fruits and veggies, with some dairy products and protein bars (again, I don't know if this is healthy) for low-calorie protein.

For example:

Breakfast: Protein bar, 500 ml milk

Snack: 1 pear

In between: 1 L water

Lunch: Protein bar, 1 apple, 1 pear (sometimes I have 300 ml yogurt with a cut up apple and pear)

Snack: Salad with dressing

Dinner: Salad with dressing and fruit

Yeah. So. Heh. *shrugs* Seems to be working so far.

Then I will have 'real' protein with fish or something three times a week. That would be for lunch or dinner with salad.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Whoaa, you're gonna drown!!
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

It's Mizzz ST, thank you...

MBTI
    yupp

usually water, pasta, soup, cheese sticks, chicken nuggets, coffee, tea, alcohol, or chips, basically the first thing I grab.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Hmm I never thought about it much, I can eat whatever the I want and won't get fat, WTF is a diet?

Usually:

Lots of meats
    Carrots and broccoli
    Salad
    a helluva lot of grains
    a LOT of milk
    Anything with cheese or ketchup on it
    Pasta

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

bagels and cream cheese, potatoes in various forms, diet coke and coffee.

oh, and ben and jerry's.

my eating habits are terrible. but occasionally, i'll be inspired and start cooking.

MBTI
    INTP

Today's Menu

Breakfast Options:
    - Bowl of oatmeal with raisins, cooked in soymilk
    - Cereal and soymilk
    - Peanuts, applesauce, granola bars
    - Hard-boiled eggs
    - Tea

Lunch Options:
    - PB&J Sandwich
    - Brussel Sprouts and spicy relish
    - Hard-boiled eggs
    - Eat out (sandwich, burger, etc.)
    - Tea, wine

Dinner Options:
    - Beans
    - Pasta
    - Eat out (maybe pasta, Mexican, or vegetarian burger)
    - Wine

Normally I would have more options, but I'm traveling soon and don't have a lot of food in the house. Normally I like to keep yogurt and fruit around. I try to eat as healthy as possible (diet is the first medicine, is my philosophy), but with my lifestyle I end up eating out way more often than I like.

MBTI
    istp

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Hmm I never thought about it much, I can eat whatever the I want and won't get fat, WTF is a diet?
    everyone has a diet, a lot of people use it to refer to a specific diet, like to lose weight, but everyone has one, even if that's pizza and icecream.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Hmm - I'm on a diet right now, but I don't know if it is very healthy. I eat mostly fruits and veggies, with some dairy products and protein bars (again, I don't know if this is healthy) for low-calorie protein.

For example:

Breakfast: Protein bar, 500 ml milk

Snack: 1 pear

Lunch: Protein bar, 1 apple, 1 pear (sometimes I have 300 ml yogurt with a cut up apple and pear)

Snack: Salad with dressing

Dinner: Salad with dressing and fruit

Yeah. So. Heh. *shrugs* Seems to be working so far.

Then I will have 'real' protein with fish or something three times a week. That would be for lunch or dinner with salad.
    <not a dietician>

im not sure what your body weight is, but you may be drinking too much water, which is actually bad for you. you can get hyponatremia and dilute the sodium content in your body tissue, although since you spread it out that probably wont happen, you should know that it is possible to drink too much.

i would suggest trying to vary your protein intake instead of only protein bars. 1 a day is probably fine, but if you're really stuck on time try mixing it up with whey powder, or chicken or turkey.

you eat plenty of fruit and veggies, which is usually where most americans really suck at, so that's good. only thing i would add is some complex carbohydrates right before the busy part of your day (even while on a diet, it's good to get some) i like whole grain bagels or breads for this since they also have a lot of fiber , and since you're a female, some more dairy would also be a really good idea.

as always, whenever youre only eating a limited variety of food, take a multivitamin!

make sure you're eating enough calories too--never below your BMR, or your metabolism will slow down and your body will process lean body mass just as much as it processes fat. stick to your BMR and then add in excercise if you want to create a caloric deficit.