• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

diet composition

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
This sounds fascinating. Is this book specifically type-related or does it just mention types? I've noticed that certain types seem to do better with certain foods and have certain metabolic/muscular/etc eccentricities. Your observation about SJs and muscle development makes a lot of sense--my husband is ESFJ and can't build muscle for anything (he does A LOT of physical activity--lifting, pitching, etc--yet never gains much muscle outwardly, while I, on the other hand, don't do much muscle-building exercises and gain muscle and tone very easily).
he implies the types

your dominant neurotransmitters is known as your bio-temperament. just because some one is an SJ doesn't mean that they are necessarily GABA dominant. they could be dopamine dominant for example. introversion and extroversion also have a direct link. take this with a grain of salt because i haven't looked into it for a while but im pretty sure dopamine has two forms, positive and negative which run parallel with extroversion and introversion, respectivly.

don't quote me on this, its worth buying if your really really interested and even as a diet book it goes far and beyond any book ive ever read.

fleurdujour

MBTI Type
INFJ
he implies the types

your dominant neurotransmitters is known as your bio-temperament. just because some one is an SJ doesn't mean that they are necessarily GABA dominant. they could be dopamine dominant for example. introversion and extroversion also have a direct link. take this with a grain of salt because i haven't looked into it for a while but im pretty sure dopamine has two forms, positive and negative which run parallel with extroversion and introversion, respectivly.

don't quote me on this, its worth buying if your really really interested and even as a diet book it goes far and beyond any book ive ever read.

Sounds awesome... I'll have to check it out at my local BN

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Detailed description of what I eat during a normal day:

Breakfast 04.30

wasa%20frukost.jpg

This brand of crisp bread with cheese, sliced cocktail tomatoes, cucumber, ham, apple dressing and roasted onion flakes.

I usually drink some kind of fruit tea. + honey and milk.
Sometimes I drink a kind of coffee called "Wiener melange", though. It's a mix of hot chocolate, sugar, coffee and cream.
I also have a glass of milk or water standing by if I feel the tea is too hot.

Snack 09.00
At aproximately 9 AM I drink tea or coffee, sometimes with a donut. Not recently, though... Trying to lose weight for the brazilian jiujitsu.

Lunch 11.30-12.30
When i'm at the university I usually eat at a Chinese place... They've got good buffets.
Recently I've had to cut down on the fried food, so I mostly eat variations with rice, vegetables, fish, noodles, chicken and stuff like that.

Dinner 17.30
This one varies a lot more... Today I ordered takeout, but I usually cook something with a little more quality. I've recently started to fancy vegetarian food. Not because I don't love meat, but because it's often good and does make me feel healthier.
I also love asian food in general, and it's been a lot of that recently.
My favourite is ofc Texan barbeque and fried stuff, but to eat that right now when i'm trying to get below 85 kilos would be to shoot myself in the foot. I've lost five, only ten to go... And I have to be there by the end of January :D

Late evening tea 21.00
I've had to get rid of this habit, but it's stubborn. Most of the time I eat at this hour anyway. Often it's something that doesn't take an hour of my time to make, like a repetition of my breakfast habit or leftovers.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I have a terrible diet. it's either eat nothing until I'm like shit i'm gonna pass out or don't eat because their's nothing I want and too lazy to go get something. most days I don't bother eating until like 2 or 3 in the afternoon. I should probably be worried about the fact that I have practically no appetite, but I'm not.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My dietitian laid out a food pyramid-derived plan that has me doing:

5.6oz protein-based foods (meat, eggs & beans) -- I usually round that up to 6.0oz for simplicity.
6.0oz grains (preferably whole-grain)
2 cups fruit (or equiv)
3 cups vegetables
3 cups dairy
(derived from a 2000-calorie plan; the maintenance diet for me would be 2600 so this is a weight-loss diet)

It's understood that snacking will occur, the only advice she had for me was "only a handful at a time" and only when it's necessary. I've stuck with nuts/seeds/trail mix type of stuff, with chocolate once in a blue moon.

When it's not the holidays and I'm cooking for myself, I've been pretty good about sticking to that. Usually I try to do 2 cups of milk instead and also take it easy on the grains. My previous diets would've deemphasized meat and overemphasized grains, vegetables would be limited to 0-1c/day and fruit might be 0-1c/day too, or 2+ if I'm in a fruit-eating mood. Dairy would be off the charts. Also, it's understood that dairy includes cheese--and whenever I get some milk-based hot drink (i.e. latte or chai) I estimate the # of cups in that and count them 1-for-1 as cups of dairy. Estimating the "cups of milk" equivalent for cheese is a bit tricky though. Any cheese I use sparingly on vegetables or other things I don't count (and just consider it like a "snack")
It's been effective for weight loss so far, at least during the times when I've been able to stick with it. The holidays are totally wrecking that though. I've just been trying to keep up with the vegetable requirement--since I know the fiber from that can help deemphasize some of the badness from sweets & such.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I've been to a nutristionist but it was to gain weight, apparently I've always been a little bit underweight, and I don't get enough calories per day. But I'm usually not very hungry most days. So I don't know how to increase my appetite, and you can tell me to eat more, but I won't be able to without feeling physically sick. I've been thinking about going to one again, cuz I know I need to eat more. One meal is not enough food a day, but I don't feel like eating more then that most days. I don't think a nutriatisnist would really solve that. it's weird I usually just want to smell food, but not actually eat it. or look at it.

laintpe

Summer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
what does your diet consist of, categorically speaking? carbohydrates, proteins, fat, fiber, cholesterol, etc?

do you think you get all the nutrients and vitamins you need on a daily basis?

what types of food do you mostly eat? where or who do you get them from and why?

in the autumn and winter i tend to eat less carbohydrates and more protein, ive noticed it makes my metabolism go crazy (seems like im always hungry... like right now :sad:)

since im usually lazy about that sort of thing, although i eat well i have pretty poor variety... i try to take a vitamin supplement to make up for that. when i eat out, i like to get different things that i dont like to cook normally (vegetables, for one) so, for me, a fairly big part of eating at restaurants is having foods that i dont usually have access to since they take too long/too complicated to cook.

most of what i eat is simple foods, meat, bread, vegetables, fruit, etc. that are easy to prepare.

I consume raw food- well, at this point i'm in the transition phase. I've been a vegan for some time (noticed increased energy, clearer thinking in terms of CNS disorders, and less severe hormonal symptoms) but I started consuming too much protein (mostly soy) and processed foods... and noted that I was starting to feel how I did when I was an omnivore.

I was a little skeptical about raw foodism for several reasons- i once thought b12 was only available from fortified vegan foods (when it's really readily available in bacteria- very important to consume organic fruits and vegs) and also omega3 DHA (we only absorb 2-4ish% of consumed ALA)... so for the moment, my only concern is DHA... i still have some DHA fortified soy milk that I drink every now and then. I'm not a fan of supplements because they do not have to be FDA approved... and it really goes against the whole mindset of raw foodism.

It seems that most people think that raw foodists/vegans have a harder time with athletics... but in my experience with distance running, cycling, tennis, and a variety of other activities, i'd actually say that i'm a better athlete under a vegan/raw diet.