• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Training at home

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Okay, so as of late I've been slacking back on my exercise (BAD GIRL!!!!) because I have 12-13 hour days. Right, seriously - like I want to go to the gym two hours after that!!! And anyway I finish right in time to make my last bus home.

Soooo I was wondering if any of you had brilliant ideas for things I can do at home so that my waistline does not become atrocious but I still don't have to go to the gym??? (Okay, not only my waistline). (Assuming I don't have fancy workout equipment at home, which I don't have).

The problem is that I had a back injury, so it is very important that I do sports on a regular basis, and I have been rather negligent. Losing a few inches wouldn't piss me off either.

Thanks! :D

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
20-30 minutes of walking a day shouldnt be so bad after such long work days. it's not technically in your home but any of the surrounding area will do... if you have greenery nearby, even better.

if you've found that you're eating slightly more than you need to (which would account for a slow weight gain) then this combined with cutting a few of the unhealthier items in your diet should turn the tables and relax your psyche to boot. :)

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Take walk breaks at work, as well. To make it a bit more challenging, get some weighted ankle bracelets for when you walk.

S

Sniffles

It's real simple: get off your fat little ass and WALK every decade or so! LOL! :tongue: ;)

Seriously, walking is a very good and easy way of getting excercise. I used to love walking, and I hope to take it up again.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
20-30 minutes of walking a day shouldnt be so bad after such long work days. it's not technically in your home but any of the surrounding area will do... if you have greenery nearby, even better.

if you've found that you're eating slightly more than you need to (which would account for a slow weight gain) then this combined with cutting a few of the unhealthier items in your diet should turn the tables and relax your psyche to boot. :)

Take walk breaks at work, as well. To make it a bit more challenging, get some weighted ankle bracelets for when you walk.

It's real simple: get off your fat little ass and WALK every decade or so! LOL! :tongue: ;)

Seriously, walking is a very good and easy way of getting excercise. I used to love walking, and I hope to take it up again.

:D Thanks, guys - that was really helpful. Yes, I am sure that walking would be a good idea. There is a safe bike path that goes down to the canal and back - it's about 2 km or so. I could walk that down and back and cut back on any sweets I eat, and that should help until the work load cuts back and I can start going to the gym on a regular basis again. :D

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
:D Thanks, guys - that was really helpful. Yes, I am sure that walking would be a good idea. There is a safe bike path that goes down to the canal and back - it's about 2 km or so. I could walk that down and back and cut back on any sweets I eat, and that should help until the work load cuts back and I can start going to the gym on a regular basis again. :D

hellz yah :yes:

a lot of people dont even bother exercising because they make it out to be this difficult and unenjoyable task, little do they know that is can be something to look forward to every day. maybe when you have more time, keep with that idea and pick up some more physically demanding activities, the gym is boring!

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Check out what your local library has for step/pilate/aerobic DVDs. When I had two tiny kids, I used these for awhile and while it wasn't my favorite form of exercise, if the music was good I could get in a good 30 minutes. Rent a bunch to see whose style you can tolerate and switch dvds when you get bored.