• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Cell phones can affect sperm quality

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Cell phones can affect sperm quality, researcher says - CNN.com

I carry my cell phone in my pocket, so when I saw this article, it caught my attention. After reading part of the way through, I was reminded of why I don't trust most scientific studies.

The test was performed with the cell phone 2.5cm (1 inch) away from the sperm. When my phone is in my pocket, it's 4-5 inches from away. And anyone that knows anything about electromagnetic radiation knows that the field strength is inversely proportional to the square of the distance. So in my case, the field strength is ~16-25 times weaker than the field strength in their test. The test was also performed using 850 MHz phones, rather than 1.9 GHz. Why not test both frequencies? Why stick with the older technology? If I had to guess, I'd say that the 1.9 GHz phones didn't produce results that were shocking enough.

So I guess the title of the article isn't necessarily wrong, I just need to use an older cell phone and stick it down my pants, instead of putting it in my pocket.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am officially proud to say that I do not own a cell phone.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Hey Uber do you even read anyone's posts?

Anyway Im wondering... well half worrying, now about women who carry their phones in their cleavage. Would they produce grade C I stead of B? Maybe it's worth it. Plastic surgery is too expensive. Way cheaper to let the microwaves startle a malignant growth if you want enhanced breasts. Malted milk is a small price to pay for extra sex right?

As for me, I just found my new birth control regimen.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
hmmm no wonder i hardly ever keep my cell phone in my pocket, it must be my penis giving me a subconscious heads up.

Usehername

On a mission
Hey Uber do you even read anyone's posts?

Anyway Im wondering... well half worrying, now about women who carry their phones in their cleavage. Would they produce grade C I stead of B? Maybe it's worth it. Plastic surgery is too expensive. Way cheaper to let the microwaves startle a malignant growth if you want enhanced breasts. Malted milk is a small price to pay for extra sex right?

As for me, I just found my new birth control regimen.

You should be more worried about girls who carry them in their pockets--that is RIGHT next to their ovaries. Sperm only logically matters if it's mutated and someone procreates before it's gone; ova are there for life and age.

I always carry my phone in my back pocket if it NEEDS to go in a pocket. Most of the time it's away from my reproductive organs. :)

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Sperm only logically matters if it's mutated and someone procreates before it's gone; ova are there for life and age.

Us guys can be kind of paranoid when it comes to things that can sap and impurify of our precious bodily fluids.

mpn

MBTI Type
INTP
So, we have a cell phone having a negative effect no one has considered.

Maybe it is as Lateralus suggested -- not a real concern. Yet I wonder how many other such effects haven't been discovered yet in other things.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
32 men, yeah, that is DEFINITELY a large enough sample size to draw statistically relevant conclusions about the population at large.

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
"Agarwal also admits that there is no clear explanation of this demonstrated effect, but he shared some of his theories. "Perhaps the cell phone radiation is able to affect the gonads through a thermal effect thereby increasing the temperature of the testes and causing damaging effects in the sperm cell."

are they serious? :dry: