• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sleeping: problems, habits and more

CitizenErased

Clean Slate
Hello everybody!

Motive of this thread: one of the things I like doing the most, besides thinking, is sleeping. However, for the last few days, I haven't been able to (either not falling asleep at all or waking up after fifteen minutes of sleeping for no reason/terrible nightmares).

Questions/Topics to consider:

+ How much do you sleep? Do you think it's enough for you?
+ Do you take naps?
+ Is your sleep light or not?
+ What do you do when you can't sleep?
+ Which are the most common reasons of not going to sleep (why do you decide to stay up)/not being able to sleep?

+ What are your habits before going to sleep? Can you sleep anyway if you don't do them?
+ Do you ingest/avoid ingesting any drink or food before going to sleep?
+ What external factors (lights, noises, etc) would prevent you from sleeping/having a good night of sleep?

+ Do you have a preferred position to sleep?
+ Any weird thing you do/consider related to your sleeping habits/bedroom?

CitizenErased

Clean Slate
Aaaand I'll answer my questions:

In the past, due to excesive work, I’d sleep like 4 hours, and, of course, it wasn’t enough. Now I’m trying to sleep the “mandatory” 8 hours, though I always make exceptions when I’m addicted to tv series (I tend to watch them online, like marathons).

+ Do you take naps?

I take naps when I watch series marathons… and as an excuse not to do homework/clean the kitchen. I like sleeping.

In the past I’d have needed to be sledgehammered on the head to wake up. Now I wake up easily. I think I changed because I used to live in a little town, where the only sound at night was… birds. Now I’ve been living in a huge city for almost 4 years and the sound of sirens, planes, cars, horns, living in an apartment (which means the 24/7 consciousness of people surrounding you behind walls and such), and I can’t get used to it.

Try to think of a story and perfect its details until my brain is too tired to think and shuts down. Warning: this doesn't work all the time. My brain is NEVER too tired to overthink.

+ Which are the most common reasons of not going to sleep (why do you decide to stay up)/not being able to sleep?

Reasons for staying up: doing homework, studying, computer stuff, trying to solve a problem.

Reasons for insomnia: overthinking, waking up after a dream and overthinking about what it means, lights, loud sounds, noise of people around (for example if I’m having visitors or I’m at someone’s place).

+ What are your habits before going to sleep? Can you sleep anyway if you don't do them?

Besides the higiene protocol, I don’t have any habit. I listen to music most of the times, but it’s not a must.

I do not eat much at night, and I never drink coffee (not even during the day).

+ What external factors (lights, noises, etc) would prevent you from sleeping/having a good night of sleep?

See “Reasons for insomnia”. Also, I can’t sleep without a pillow.

Yup. Always to the side (fetal position) or “freefall”. In the past I would wake up on the floor with my head where my feet should be and probably being strangled with my sheets. Now I calmed down. Anyway, I don’t know why but when I fall asleep looking to the ceiling I have nightmares.

Yup. Every 3 weeks or so, I make up the bed the other way round (with the pillow to the other side). I don’t know why, but the change helps me sleep better. When I get used to sleeping to that side, I change it.

Kas

Fabula rasa
How much do you sleep? Do you think it's enough for you?
Usually about 6-7 hours. I have no problem falling asleep, I have problem with getting up (though it's better nowadays). I think optimal is for me 7 hours (in perfect world 2am-9am). After more than 8 I feel bit heavy, but it’s difficult to me to get up in the morning. After I get up I’m classic morning zombie.

Do you take naps?
No, I prefer not to, because after I wake up I feel as it would be middle of the night and can’t do anything to the end of the day. I’m classic zombie then too.

Is your sleep light or not?
Neighbours calling and knocking at door because the one of them flooded his apartment and other apartments too- I’m sleeping. Baby crying- I’m sleeping. I hope that if somebody attacked me I would wake up

What do you do when you can't sleep?
Usually I fall asleep very quickly so when I can’t sleep it’s terribly irritating. I try to fall asleep, just try to think about something and then let my thoughts go where they want. If there is no chance I will manage to fall asleep I turn light on, read and wait until I get tired.

Which are the most common reasons of not going to sleep (why do you decide to stay up)/not being able to sleep?
Staying up- movies, books, tv-series, going out.
Not being able to sleep-(?) I had times when I didn't felt like sleeping after sitting in front of computer, I finally installed flux and pleased with it. A few times I couldn't sleep because of stress. I couldn't sleep in trains, but that's not a problem anymore.

What are your habits before going to sleep? Can you sleep anyway if you don't do them?
I don’t have any particular habits. I have waking-up methods though ;)

Do you ingest/avoid ingesting any drink or food before going to sleep?
I like eating at night, but I heard... rumours it's not healthy.

What external factors (lights, noises, etc) would prevent you from sleeping/having a good night of sleep?
I fall asleep in almost every conditions (I was even laughed at because of that), I can have problem when it’s cold, when light is on or when it’s new place, but it’s very very rarely.

Do you have a preferred position to sleep?
Best on side, sometimes on abdomen. It’s difficult to me to fall asleep lying on back.

Any weird thing you do/consider related to your sleeping habits/bedroom?
Hmmm
I love lying in newley washed bed sheets.

Motive of this thread: one of the things I like doing the most, besides thinking, is sleeping. However, for the last few days, I haven't been able to (either not falling asleep at all or waking up after fifteen minutes of sleeping for no reason/terrible nightmares).

Have you changed anything in your sleeping habits?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
+ How much do you sleep? Do you think it's enough for you? 8hrs. Yes it's enough.
+ Do you take naps? Sometimes. Not usually more than an hour..
+ Is your sleep light or not? Not light but not heavy. That's from years of parenting.
+ What do you do when you can't sleep? Read or get up and watch tv.
+ Which are the most common reasons of not going to sleep (why do you decide to stay up)/not being able to sleep? Sports, TV, being out late...

+ What are your habits before going to sleep? Can you sleep anyway if you don't do them? I have to read. Occasionally if I'm sick, I won't but that's rare. Sometimes I watch TV in bed but not often, even though there is one in the bedroom.
+ Do you ingest/avoid ingesting any drink or food before going to sleep? I don't usually eat after 9pm and I limit drinking.
+ What external factors (lights, noises, etc) would prevent you from sleeping/having a good night of sleep? I use a fan, it would be hard to sleep without one. I don't have as much of an issue with light but it's very dark here so it's not usually an issue.

+ Do you have a preferred position to sleep? Side.
+ Any weird thing you do/consider related to your sleeping habits/bedroom? I really love luxurious bedding. It's one thing I splurge on. I don't think that's weird though.

CitizenErased

Clean Slate
I have more problems getting up than waking up, haha and clean bed sheets are the best thing ever, I agree

Have you changed anything in your sleeping habits?

No, not really. I mean, classes started last week and I had to get used to waking up early again, but that happens every semester, it never gave me insomnia (on the contrary, I'd feel sleepy sooner).

I've tried drinking tea, avoiding screens just before going to bed and exercising more, but I still can't sleep, or I fall asleep and I wake up 15 minutes later, fall asleep, wake up 15 minutes later, and so forth (which is worse than not sleeping at all); or I have one nightmare after the other: one of those nightmares in which at some point you realize it's a dream but you can't wake up and you feel asphyxiated (for example, last night, in one of the nightmares, I was wandering around some castle that was in the middle of nowhere, and it was raining, and there was a pond with weird fish, so I knelt down to look them from closer but some sort of bomb fell next to me and I fell to the pond, which was really shallow, but I was lying at the bottom of it and I was like paralyzed, couldn't lift my head to breathe, and that's when I realized it was a dream, so I was "Come on, wake up, wake up", and both in the dream and in real life I was trying to do a "push up" to breathe. Then I woke up. In the other I got stabbed in a lung and I swear I felt the knife inside me and it hurt for real, but when I woke up, there was no pain at all).

Kas

Fabula rasa
I have more problems getting up than waking up, haha and clean bed sheets are the best thing ever, I agree

Fair enough :D I have problem both with waking up and getting up

No, not really. I mean, classes started last week and I had to get used to waking up early again, but that happens every semester, it never gave me insomnia (on the contrary, I'd feel sleepy sooner).

I've tried drinking tea, avoiding screens just before going to bed and exercising more, but I still can't sleep, or I fall asleep and I wake up 15 minutes later, fall asleep, wake up 15 minutes later, and so forth (which is worse than not sleeping at all); or I have one nightmare after the other: one of those nightmares in which at some point you realize it's a dream but you can't wake up and you feel asphyxiated (for example, last night, in one of the nightmares, I was wandering around some castle that was in the middle of nowhere, and it was raining, and there was a pond with weird fish, so I knelt down to look them from closer but some sort of bomb fell next to me and I fell to the pond, which was really shallow, but I was lying at the bottom of it and I was like paralyzed, couldn't lift my head to breathe, and that's when I realized it was a dream, so I was "Come on, wake up, wake up", and both in the dream and in real life I was trying to do a "push up" to breathe. Then I woke up. In the other I got stabbed in a lung and I swear I felt the knife inside me and it hurt for real, but when I woke up, there was no pain at all).

Aah no advise then, probably matter of time until it gets to norm.
These are pretty naturalistic dreams! I rarely dream recently.

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
+ How much do you sleep? Do you think it's enough for you? anywhere from 7-12 hours, depending on what I have planned for the next day. I'm tired no matter how much I sleep honestly but I'd say it is.
+ Do you take naps? only when I'm sick or didn't sleep the night before
+ Is your sleep light or not? not super light, but I would say I definitely am not a hard sleeper
+ What do you do when you can't sleep? think about whatever random shit. there's not a specific thing I do most of the time
+ Which are the most common reasons of not going to sleep (why do you decide to stay up)/not being able to sleep? I have procrastinated going to sleep before because I've been tired, I just didn't want to go to bed. this happens more often than I'd like to admit to. time just gets away from me, ya know? if I can't sleep it's because I just am not tired enough or I'm feeling nervous.
+ What are your habits before going to sleep? Can you sleep anyway if you don't do them? brushing my teeth and such, checking my phone, looking in my closet/under my bed (did not even do this when I was like 5 and actually scared of monsters grabbing me while I slept), turning on a fan. I can sleep anyway if I don't do any of those but it doesn't feel right
+ Do you ingest/avoid ingesting any drink or food before going to sleep? when I get ready for bed, the last thing I do is pee, so I try not to drink a lot of water after that. I don't not eat food close to bedtime though, just not after I brush my teeth
+ What external factors (lights, noises, etc) would prevent you from sleeping/having a good night of sleep? light doesn't bother me, I sleep better with a bit of light. animal noises (like my cat meowing or birds singing) and people walking around the house doing stuff will wake me up/keep me up. a lot of the time I'll only be half-asleep if the TV is on or there's music playing
+ Do you have a preferred position to sleep? on my side straddling a pillow or on my stomach with my leg over a pillow
+ Any weird thing you do/consider related to your sleeping habits/bedroom? I don't like sleeping with my door open, I need the room to be cold but to have plenty of blankets over me, I sleep better without pants on

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
+ How much do you sleep? Do you think it's enough for you? Ideally 9 hours a night
+ Do you take naps? Not usually
+ Is your sleep light or not? It's deep when I knock myself out with chamomile tea and benadryl
+ What do you do when you can't sleep? Get online and feel sick
+ Which are the most common reasons of not going to sleep (why do you decide to stay up)/not being able to sleep? Anxiety can keep me up.

+ What are your habits before going to sleep? Can you sleep anyway if you don't do them? Watch the same TV show, drink chamomile tea, take a benedryl, lavender spray on my pillow, and some sleep gummies I found at Target
+ Do you ingest/avoid ingesting any drink or food before going to sleep? I eat dinner later than I should because of my work schedule. I tend to get off work around 7:00pm, but go to bed at 11 or 12midnight
+ What external factors (lights, noises, etc) would prevent you from sleeping/having a good night of sleep? Sound agitates me a bit

+ Do you have a preferred position to sleep? Mostly on my left side, but alternating to the right
+ Any weird thing you do/consider related to your sleeping habits/bedroom? All the furniture is black in the bedroom and it's always very dark with no TV, computers, or anything electronic.

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
As I think I HSP(highly sensitive person) I am very sensitive to stimulus and thus I must sleep quite often at times if I am not careful and become overstimulated or overburdened. It's really annoying because like, as a man it's not really acceptable (though it's not anyway?) but even more so and women don't find it attractive and won't put out as much if you show them how weak you are (oh no I am sexist.)

hahah jk

It's jut weird when you think about it becuse, how does sign and sounds and etc that's not physical as much effect your nervous system so much? but it does.

Also I even like to stay up all night because I find the night oddly relaxing and I think can more clearly. Even if it's not noticeable sound, I just feel the business, like the earth is being trampled over too much or something and it just irks me.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can sleep, I need sleep, and I am very aware when I need it, which leaves me to realize that still I put it off because I just don't like it. When I examine my attachment to mental noise, both in this context an in a meditation context, I've noticed that there is a big pleasure dimension to it - mental stimulation feels good in and of itself, and I don't want it to stop because it feels good. It's difficult to go without it for any length of time.

Still, I rarely allow myself to go under 6 hours of sleep per night, and try for more than that. The influence a lack has on my mood is destructive not just for me.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
+ How much do you sleep? Do you think it's enough for you? 8-12 hours, depending. Yes. My sleeps fine.
+ Do you take naps? On occasion
+ Is your sleep light or not? Not anymore
+ What do you do when you can't sleep? Lay there and try to sleep. Give it a good hour or two. Doesnt work then, watch tv, eat, forum, read, ect and try again in about another hour or so
+ Which are the most common reasons of not going to sleep (why do you decide to stay up)/not being able to sleep?None really, I like sleep.

+ What are your habits before going to sleep? Can you sleep anyway if you don't do them? Take medication. And probably, if I was tired enough.
+ Do you ingest/avoid ingesting any drink or food before going to sleep? Not in particular
+ What external factors (lights, noises, etc) would prevent you from sleeping/having a good night of sleep? All of them. Im a light sleeper, always have been. I have a fan that helps a ton though.

+ Do you have a preferred position to sleep? Right side, on my stomach. Positions very specific.
+ Any weird thing you do/consider related to your sleeping habits/bedroom? Wake up in the middle of the night, generally around 2am ravenous. Psych wants me to stop the midnight snacking and eat breakfast instead though, so that might end. I also have really vivid dreams. Sleep walked on the very rare occasion when very young. My brothers sleep patterns are a lot more interesting though. The heaviest sleeper imaginable. Wake him up and his eyes are just BLOODSHOT. You have to get him talking for a good few minutes to get him even semi aware that hes awake. Looks at you blankly/is very very confused after first waking.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I need the room to be cold but to have plenty of blankets over me

Cold room and I basically feel like I want enough blankets on me so that I can barely move. I cocoon into them and I'm totally comfortable. My ENFJ thinks this is insane and complains he can't find me. I know we are headed for separate bedrooms and I'm looking forward to it. He can visit.

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP

6 hours between midnight and 6 a.m. It's probably good

+ Do you take naps?

I have but I prefer not to unless they are very necessary

I don't generally wake up until I intend to via alarm or ~once before waking up but not more often than not in one night's sleep

Melatonin and benadryl, water, deep breathing. I have changed positions and this can work. I have also very rarely changed everything about the sleep setting. Sometimes I will wander out of bed and sleep on a couch without covers, for example. These are erroneous findings because they tend to have happened infrequently and long ago. I usually wear myself out on a regular day. You can actually exercise in order to promote sleep, but due to a glitch in human physiology it is counterproductive to exercise right before sleeping. You have to exercise some hours beforehand.

Caffeine in the afternoon. Because caffeine has such a significant half-life, you're actually having a lot of caffeine in your body while you try to sleep if you take caffeine later in the day.

ADLs. Put all the dishes up, brush teeth, place dirty clothes into the hamper. I doubt I need do to those specific things in order to sleep.

Water is also better earlier in the day to minimize nocturia

Temperature is sometimes brutal. I've often woken up sweaty because the air conditioning was 2 degrees off or woken up extremely mad that my right foot wasn't covered by this luxurious cotton blanket.

On my back with a pillow 2/3rds of the time and on either side 1/3rd of the time.

I've heard some other weird things about sleeping but don't hold much stock in them.

CitizenErased

Clean Slate
Thanks everyone for answering! :wubbie:
[MENTION=22071]Hitoshi-San[/MENTION] I'm also tired no matter hhow much I sleep, though most of the times it's out of boredom (even if I have things to do). I can't sleep more than 12 hours, though. However, one time I spent working for a project and stayed 4 nights up (not even a tiny nap) and when I got home I crashed on my bed at 7 pm and woke at 7 pm... of the next day.

Indeed, most of the times I'm tired, I have crazy ideas or interesting thing to do/see, so I don't go to bed. On the contrary, when I'm not tired, I have nothing to do.

I don't check under the bed because it has another mattress there, so I'm safe. What terrifies me is the curtain of the shower.

I like sleeping with cold too! I can't stand hot climate (wonder what I'm doing living in an almost tropical city), and I'll never get used to it.
[MENTION=14857]labyrinthine[/MENTION]

Woow, you have an arsenal of sleeping "weapons"! I have a pillow filled with melissa and valerian (I think these are the names in English). When the plants are fresh, it knocks you out. I'm not very fond of medicine for everything, so I refuse to take any sleeping pills or whatever, unless they are natural. Or tea, of course. Though anxiety can make them ineffective.

Where I live people have dinner normally after 9:30 pm, and the time to go to sleep is 11/midnight. Everybody asks about our ability to digest food considering the little amount of time between finishing dinner and bedtime.

I like complete darkness. Somehow it makes me feel safer than half-dark rooms. I never had TV or computers in my bedroom. Now I do because it's a small apartment, but the computer is always off at night.
[MENTION=25922]Blackout[/MENTION]

I didn't know HSP people have to sleep more often! I wipe my ass with society's "acceptables" and "unaccpetables". You should too.

I like the night more than the day, for sure. In summer, when it's too hot, I take naps during the day and then sit on the balcony and read books at night, it's very relaxing.
[MENTION=17945]Alaska[/MENTION]

Yep, my mood is also mutated when I don't get enough sleep. i get veeery cranky, and, as I'm cranky when I'm at my finest, you can imagine how it is without sleep. When I lived with my parents, my mother used to turn on the lights, clap a dozen times and start shouting around the house. I felt like killing her, haha

I think my head experiences "mental noise" even when I'm sleeping, so I'm covered.
[MENTION=24643]Eskimo[/MENTION]

Interesting! I almost always skip breakfast, which is really bad. In fact, I feel better during the day (especially the morning), with more energy when I have breakfast, but I never feel like eating as soon as I wake up, and I'm definitely not taking away minutes/hours of sleep so I have time to get hungry. I've been forcing myself to have breakfast during the past two or three months and it's been great. I don't have night snacks, because I tend to sleep all night in a row, but I don't see how having breakfast could avoid that. If anything, I'd have a bigger meal at night. Though when I went to the nutritionist a couple years ago (I was eating in a disorganized way, due to my crazy schedules), she made me have more meals with less food in each of them (our 4 meals -breakfast, lunch, "merienda"/teatime and dinner- and 2 snacks, one between breakfast and lunch, and the other either between lunch and tea time or between tea time and dinner, depending on the schedule). the idea is not letting more than 3 hours pass between meals, so the body is always "entertained" digesting and such, as well as creating habit, which avoids eating at "wrong times".

I have really vivid dreams too, I feel them with all 5 senses.
[MENTION=10233]Beargryllz[/MENTION]

Exactly. Exercising before going to sleep makes me be more awake than tired.

I don't drink coffee, unless I have to stay up, studying for exams (so that's two or three weeks of the year). I take a multivitamin supplement like twice a year, and it's like being the roadrunner. I can't even stand myself when on those.

Temperature is crucial. As someone said above, I'd rather have a cold room with a lot of blankets on me, though I always feel hot because of the city I live in (I used to live in a very cold climate, so I can never get used to the new temperature).

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram

I aim for 7 hours. It's a good amount. Sometimes, it's a lazy day and I get 12. Sometimes I get 4-5. I seem to be a little less groggy at 7 and change than 8+.

+ Do you take naps?

Hardly ever. Naps fuck up my whole rhythm. I "nap" by relaxing and doing something quiet.

Depends. Certain things wake me up immediately (my bedroom door opening for example) no matter how asleep I am. It isn't necessarily a sound thing though, and I definitely slept through most of a hurricane. I'd say I am a heavy sleeper because I dream nightly.

Be productive. I do something boring. Either I'll fall asleep doing it, or I'll get something done at least. If I'm too excited about something, like a vacation, I'll wear myself out the day before with exercise and stuff. Sometimes I listen to music that'll soothe me. I also work on meditating. Just... trying to focus on a thing and not think about lots of things.

Hmmm.. a messed up sleep schedule is the biggest one. Usually though I have no issues sleeping.

I can sleep anywhere anytime. But my habits: Stop drinking water 2 hours prior. Set an alarm and plan my schedule in advance so I have a line up. Do a winding down at least 20 minutes before bed--watch a show, or read, or do a boring task.. something that occupies my mind, but not in a stressful way of any sort. Then, I double check my alarm and what is first on the list for the morning, and plug my phone in and go to bed.

If you awaken easy, don't drink water prior to bed. Hydrate a couple hours earlier, and when you first wake up drink a glass. Sometimes, on hotter summer nights in Texas, I'd wake up just from being hot... I'd go drink a glass of cold milk, almost chugging it, so I could feel the cold creep down my esophagus all the way to my stomach. Usually that was enough to go back to bed for me.

I like darkness when sleeping. Lights are distracting for me.... but I say that as a night shifter with no curtains. :laugh: I honestly don't care, but prefer pitch black.

Side sleeper for life. Rarely can I get through a night on my back. I also change positions in the night, as I frequently do this thing where my arm falls asleep in the wrong position.

Nothing particularly weird. I need two pillows to side sleep. I hate not having sheets on a bed. I like being clean before I go to sleep--I dislike sleeping with the grit from the day on me. And I dream nightly which is probably the weirdest.

CitizenErased

Clean Slate
[MENTION=4939]kyuuei[/MENTION]

Thanks for replying! :)

Sometimes my naps are lying down and engaging in daydreaming.. which is good because after "sleeping" naps I feel my brain can only do simple things like commanding my respiratory system to breathe and nothing else. Like the computer turning on, but the operative system not being found.

The idea of doing something productive but boring when not being able to sleep is genius. I'll try it next time! ;)

Sometimes, on hotter summer nights in Texas, I'd wake up just from being hot... I'd go drink a glass of cold milk, almost chugging it, so I could feel the cold creep down my esophagus all the way to my stomach. Usually that was enough to go back to bed for me.

This. With ice cold water, in summer, best feeling ever.

Yeah, I can't sleep on my back either. If I fall asleep in this position, which rarely happens, I have nightmares, I don't know why. I now fall asleep and wake up in the same position (maybe changing side), but I used to strangle myself with my own arms, or

I like taking showers prior to going to bed, and I never ever eat or put my shoes or clothes I used in public transport on my bed. It's my sacred place inside my fortress! I hate flat pillows too, so I see why the two pillows are necessary.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
[MENTION=4939]kyuuei[/MENTION]

Thanks for replying! :)

Sometimes my naps are lying down and engaging in daydreaming.. which is good because after "sleeping" naps I feel my brain can only do simple things like commanding my respiratory system to breathe and nothing else. Like the computer turning on, but the operative system not being found.

The idea of doing something productive but boring when not being able to sleep is genius. I'll try it next time! ;)

This. With ice cold water, in summer, best feeling ever.

Yeah, I can't sleep on my back either. If I fall asleep in this position, which rarely happens, I have nightmares, I don't know why. I now fall asleep and wake up in the same position (maybe changing side), but I used to strangle myself with my own arms, or

I like taking showers prior to going to bed, and I never ever eat or put my shoes or clothes I used in public transport on my bed. It's my sacred place inside my fortress! I hate flat pillows too, so I see why the two pillows are necessary.

Oh man I feel you, I have very long hair so my braids strangle me sometimes when they get wrapped up around my neck. :laugh: such an awful feeling!

I miss waking up hot, actually. It just doesn't happen in a more northern state. :)

Mvika

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can't sleep much-- never could! It is like my brain becomes overactive at night! Also, there is this feeling that I am missing out on something exciting...that if only I could stay up a little longer, it will somehow come my way. Going to the sleep center tonight and will definitely let you know if I/they learn something! Btw, I have great energy and nobody can tell that I sleep so less. Do you think some people just don't need much sleep? I average about four hours per night but feel like an power grid all day. But I am told that it will have terrible effects in the long run, like dementia or Alzheimer's, etc.

CitizenErased

Clean Slate
I can't sleep much-- never could! It is like my brain becomes overactive at night! Also, there is this feeling that I am missing out on something exciting...that if only I could stay up a little longer, it will somehow come my way. Going to the sleep center tonight and will definitely let you know if I/they learn something! Btw, I have great energy and nobody can tell that I sleep so less. Do you think some people just don't need much sleep? I average about four hours per night but feel like an power grid all day. But I am told that it will have terrible effects in the long run, like dementia or Alzheimer's, etc.

Ah, I don't have those experiences. I wish I would! I always have the suspicion every day is going to be like the previous one forever (and it's sad, and what better way to avoid sadness pain than going to sleep?)

By all means, let me know what you learn!

I don't really know much about sleep. I've always liked sleeping. When I was little I would sleep less than now, though, I had more energy. The only person I remember sleeping like 3 hours a night was this one kid that went to my school, that turned out to be schizophrenic (but the not sleeping was a consequence, not a cause).

Share some energy with meeeeeee! :happy2::D

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, social conformity does not exist whatsoever and we are never faced or forced into situations therein where we must deal with the external pressures of outside social forces that very much influence the very nature of our personal, and readily lives. :mellow:

Just ignore it all, man! da strongest!:mellow:

"You know how i deal with all issues and problems in life? I OUT STRONG IT ALL, CUZ I AM THE STRONGEST, GRRRRRR!!!!!"