User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: stupid question

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    LOL, I see you read and understood the article then. :rolli: Well, I'll just pray that it does pass through.
    I skimmed it. and now I'm actually going to read it.

read it understood it, but still don't think it's a problem. if I die, but I'm not going to. so that's not an issue
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Unless it was fired out of a gun, I wouldn't worry too much about it penetrating your brain.
    LOL

Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Dude, I think you need to get a hobby. That doesn't involve coins. Or putting things in holes. Wow that sounds dirty. But I stand by it!

heart on fire

Okay, so they are saying here not so bad in adults, just maybe get copper inbalance if it isn't excreeted:

Coin Ingestion, an Unexpected Finding at Colonoscopy: Case Report

from Medscape General Medicine [TM]
    Posted 02/11/2003
    Matthew J. Brookes, MB, ChB, Alison M. Brind, MB

"...A review of 10 years of experience with ingested foreign bodies, in 101 patients of all ages (9 months to 87 years), revealed that 46% had spontaneous passage of the foreign body. Endoscopic removal of retained foreign body was performed in 43%, and an operation was required in 12%. If the foreign body reached the stomach, 80% of these subsequently passed unimpeded, and 20% required either endoscopic or surgical removal. The most common foreign bodies were coins (15%) or bones (15%). In the group requiring surgery, 7% had a perforation, though none of these occurred in coin ingestion.[2]

From a literature review, it seems ingested coins very rarely cause symptoms or complications in adults. Pyloric obstruction due to an ingested coin has been reported in an adult[6] and was successfully treated by endoscopic removal. Zinc-induced copper deficiency has also been reported in patients who ingest multiple coins, which are usually retained in the stomach.[7,8] Once beyond the stomach, complications of foreign body ingestion seem dependent on the size and nature of the foreign body, but complications from coins in the lower gastrointestinal tract are very rare. Perforation of a Meckel's diverticulum, by coin ingestion, has been reported in a 25-year-old woman, who underwent subsequent excision of the diverticulum and removal of the coin. Although colonic perforation has been reported with chicken bone ingestion,[9] there are no reports of similar occurrences with colonic coins..."

heart on fire

Hey, Purple I am sorry for the posts I made here if they caused any undue worry, I just always remember hearing that pennies were different from other coins and could cause stomach problems, apparently I was reading that more seriously than I should have, in which case I am sorry. I know pennies in particular are really bad news for dogs to swallow, but then maybe becauase their systems are way different.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Hey, Purple I am sorry for the posts I made here if they caused any undue worry, I just always remember hearing that pennies were different from other coins and could cause stomach problems, apparently I was reading that more seriously than I should have, in which case I am sorry. I know pennies in particular are really bad news for dogs to swallow, but then maybe becauase their systems are way different.
    no worries.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    EXXP

OMG, this was to mcuh for me. You're okay, right? My stomach hurts from laughing.
    "My mom told me there was a weirdo on every bus, but I never could find him." Emo Phillips

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by SillyGoose View Post
    OMG, this was to mcuh for me. You're okay, right? My stomach hurts from laughing.
    I second this entire notion.
    SDMF

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by SillyGoose View Post
    never been better.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Wow, well then maybe if you try a second one you'll be better than even now!

Wait...dont follow that advice...
    SDMF