• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is the quality of your sleep ?

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm curious about types and sleep.

Do you sleep well ? A lot ? What are your habits before going to bed to have a good sleep ?

When you feel stressed/anxious can you sleep well ? What is your remedy ?

Do you ...like the company of snorers ? :D

Sleeping is to me a wonderful quiet time to charge my batteries...

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I sleep well for the most part. Some insomnia occasionally but I have stuff for that. Habits before bed - I have a pretty high maintenance bedtime habits. Brush, floss, tongue brush/scraper - I just like a clean clean mouth.

I have a fan on my nightstand that I must use. In bed, I use a side sleeper pillow that doesn't smush my ear. I like to get all cocooned and my ENFJ snuggled up behind me most nights. I read, he falls asleep. He snores slightly but nothing that bothers me. I don't have many anxious/stressed nights, I'm fortunate.

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can withstand anxiety and snorers and all but I can't withstand time. I gotta sleep late.

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My current sleep schedule is awful. I get around 7 hours of sleep a night but that's not enough... I end up very tired and unmotivated the rest of the day.

I wish I could sleep for maybe 9 or 10 hours. No more, no less. Well I usually can't sleep more than I need to, I don't realy understand how one can sleep in... once I am recharged I just wake up. If I happen to wake up unexpectedly and am still tired, but have slept for a decent amount, the chances of me falling back asleep to finish my sleep session are slim... once I am awake I cannot go back.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Depends on the day of the week
I am a night owl
I need 10+ hours of sleep to feel rested
I've been informed by my ISTJ bestie that I make "stupid fucking sleep noises"

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Have a 10 month old, sleep is half-ass.

Aside from that i enjoy soft beds, pillows, comforters. Foam matress, 4" softfoam topper, down pillows and comforter. Enjoy bed and relaxing in it. Usually sleep pretty good. Have nightmare issues at times that drive me nuts, annoy the hell out of me because i keep waking up. Never keep me awake though, fall back aleep easily. Relationship problems are pretty much the only reason i have sleepless toss and turn nights. Havnt had those much in years thankfully. I prefer a woman next to me when i sleep. Sometimes cuddle, sometimes just to touch with leg or arm...i am a huge touch person. Enjoy skin to skin.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My current sleep schedule is awful. I get around 7 hours of sleep a night but that's not enough... I end up very tired and unmotivated the rest of the day.

I wish I could sleep for maybe 9 or 10 hours. No more, no less. Well I usually can't sleep more than I need to, I don't realy understand how one can sleep in... once I am recharged I just wake up. If I happen to wake up unexpectedly and am still tired, but have slept for a decent amount, the chances of me falling back asleep to finish my sleep session are slim... once I am awake I cannot go back.

I enjoy relaxing in bed. I dont focus on sleep...just relaxing in bed. I may or may not fall asleep, its still enjoyed either way.

Ingrid in grids

I have an app on my phone that monitors my sleep, and can quantify the quality of it as a percentage. Most nights my sleep is ~80%. I aspire to have a 100% quality sleep.

I feel like I need more sleep than the average person. Exercise helps me sleep. Eating soon before bed does not help me sleep.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I sleep okay. Usually walr up at least once in the night. If I can't fall asleep I either listen to a podcast or one of a few albums I find it easy to sleep to and/or masturbate. I do have a weird thing where I wake up like really early, between 5-8, and eat then sleep more. Don't knock it til ya try it. Those last few hours of sleep are usually glorious.

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
I work shift work so my sleep is awful.
When I work days I have to be up by 4:30 am, and I'm a night owl so on day shifts I'm lucky if I get 4 or 5 hours of sleep. When I work nights I also sleep only about 5 hours but at least I don't have to be up at such an ungodly early hour.
On my days off I usually sleep a lot, close to 12 hours, but unfortunately I can't go back to a regular schedule and often end up falling asleep at 3 or 4 am and waking up mid afternoon.
I used to take melatonin just to force me to sleep but it seems to not work as well now, and instead of knocking me out, now I just lay there unable to fall asleep and when I finally do it's low quality sleep where I wake up feeling very groggy.
Before work I often get severe anxiety which also doesn't help.
I think I need a different job with a different schedule.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I need to sleep at least 10 hours a night to feel rested. I take a sleeping med because my muscles refuse to relax when I go to bed and if I don't they'll twitch and cramp all night long. I've been informed that I talk in my sleep, sometimes incoherent mumbling and sometimes actual sentences. If I'm having a really hard time falling asleep I'll listen to music or an audiobook. I would totally recommend the audiobook for people who have a hard time falling asleep, as long as it's not a book you're too invested in (because then it'll keep you awake).

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I used to always feel exhausted if I didn't get like 10 hours of sleep. I think part of that is being a night owl and being forced to operate during the day for society reasons and I think the other part is that I tend to be pretty physically active.

With that said, one day I got on some site (same principle as the apps) that told me when I should be going to sleep based on when I wake up and it gave me choices around every 1.5 hours. I chose the later time that would allow me to still get a "healthy" amount and now I end up actually sleeping better by going to sleep later. I wake up fine, go to sleep fine, and have like an extra 1-2 hours at night to fuck around on the internet.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
My sleep is fine, and I usually fall asleep pretty quickly. It's just insane to get up in the morning. And I do snore. All of this is affected by my meds; they're relaxants, so they help me sleep, but they also relax the throat muscles or whatever, so I snore. :shrug:

laterlazer

good, hot, fresh, fly ~
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Huge fluctuations, sometimes I sleep basically 11 hours every night, sometimes it's 4 hours every night, or when I have work to do I skip sleep every other night and have about 6 hours on the night I get to sleep.
I used to have better sleeping habits I think, but now I rarely get the average 8 hours. I have no problems with sleeping when I'm stressed or anxious, though I think I sleep less when I am. But getting to sleep is not an issue.
I'm a snorer so I can't complain about them lol.
And as for habits, I pray, off the lights (I don't get how people sleep with the lights on, I can't do it) and sleep, sometimes I fall into sleep after being on the internet too long. Also I can't sleep with an analogue clock/watch in the room unless it's wrapped in something thick, I'm a pretty light sleeper except for when I miss sleep the night before.

What about you Ms ENTP? (okay i just realised those caps stand for entp whilst writing that!!!)

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You really do sleep A LOT you introverts :content:

I need my 8/9 hours to be in a good mood and feel at my best.

Thank you all for sharing your experience.

human101

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx
Never more than 6 hours anything more and I feel sluggish, between 4-6 with cold showers meditation after I wake up.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No.

That is the quality of my sleep. It is "no". Granted, much of that is self-inflicted because I just don't like to sleep and resist it. Usually, I get 7 or 6 hours, though I need 7-8.

But I also envy people who can lay down and fall asleep in less than 45 minutes, or on anything other than a bed (Airplane and bus seats? How do you do it?!?) - those things can't be helped as much. Also, occasionally I get extreme insomnia for just a couple days in a row, for no apparent reason, like just two or three hours of sleep even if I lay there the whole night with the lights off.