• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Broad shoulders makes up 80% of a male's attractiveness than big phallus and height

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
"Overall, broad shoulders as compared to the hips were the most important factor in attractiveness ratings, accounting for 79.6 percent of the variation in these rankings, the study found. Penis size and height accounted for 6.1 percent and 5.1 percent, respectively."

"While size may matter, the findings don’t suggest that only size matters. In fact, body shape seemed to trump both height and genital endowment in determining attractiveness. Based on the women’s answers, the researcher calculated that height was as important as endowment in a male’s attractiveness, while wider shoulders and narrow hips was more important than both combined"

Penis size interacts with body shape and height to influence male attractiveness

The abstract is mundane and boring. However, the paper says that broad shoulders is what makes a male attrative by 80%. Penis Size and height doesn't nearly matter as much.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yup.

Big fan of shoulders, myself. :drool:

They don't even have to be muscular, it's just the fact that men have broader shoulders than women, in general - my record includes tall and skinny, often non-muscular geeks.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lol, I like my dudes small framed. They never asked me.

Kheledon

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's fascinating. Thanks for the link. It gives hope to somewhat "vertically challenged" people like myself. LOL.

I can't say I have narrow hips, however, and that may be an issue, but I think my shoulders are relatively well-developed and broad (as if any of you really wanted to know this). Being an open book is quite often counter-productive, but it's also very difficult for me to restrain myself in an environment such as this.

:blush:

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Nice to be one of the ones with the trifecta of height, shoulders, and package.... besides attractive face, brains, and all the rest....:D

No one wonder I attract interest so regularly :D

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Nice to be one of the ones with the trifecta of height, shoulders, and package.... besides attractive face, brains, and all the rest....:D

No one wonder I attract interest so regularly :D

as a 4'5, triangle-shaped, troll-faced, microphallus haver it seems i am still fucked.

- - - Updated - - -

or not i suppose.

Last edited:

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"Overall, broad shoulders as compared to the hips were the most important factor in attractiveness ratings, accounting for 79.6 percent of the variation in these rankings, the study found. Penis size and height accounted for 6.1 percent and 5.1 percent, respectively."

"While size may matter, the findings don’t suggest that only size matters. In fact, body shape seemed to trump both height and genital endowment in determining attractiveness. Based on the women’s answers, the researcher calculated that height was as important as endowment in a male’s attractiveness, while wider shoulders and narrow hips was more important than both combined"

Penis size interacts with body shape and height to influence male attractiveness

The abstract is mundane and boring. However, the paper says that broad shoulders is what makes a male attrative by 80%. Penis Size and height doesn't nearly matter as much.

Eh. This isn't exactly an accurate summary of the study. What it says is that penis size enhances traits that women tend to find attractive in men (namely, shoulder to hip ratio and height) until a certain size is reached. It also says that women value penis size as much as height, which was previously felt to be the strongest correlate for reproductive success in men. In fact, women like big dicks so much that it may have led men to have larger penises relative to other primates.

The discussion portion of the study says explicitly "our results directly contradict claims that penis size is unimportant to most females", and then speculates that women like bigger penises because they associate them with better sex.

The question then becomes "how big is big". Most guys (~50% of all dudes) are gonna fall between 5-6.5". Most studies show that >6.5" means you're in the top 10th percentile for size.

bsNrs1u.png

That means that unless a guy is--statistically speaking--exceptionally large, then most dudes are pretty much on equal footing.

Also, I think we should all take a moment to appreciate the fact that the study great_bay posted was published to a journal called PNAS. :laugh:

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
PHALLUS. Phallus. Phaaalus. :rofl1:

The 10 year old in me is gonna walk away from this thread now.

EDIT: I think anyone below 6'2 is too short to date and cannot be attracted to them so...so. Anyway, that's just me. 5'3 me. So the broad shoulder thing may be nice, but you can't make up for height in shoulders.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
EDIT: I think anyone below 6'2 is too short to date and cannot be attracted to them so...so. Anyway, that's just me. 5'3 me. So the broad shoulder thing may be nice, but you can't make up for height in shoulders.

A fellow mountain climber, I see. I like your style. :yes:

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
PHALLUS. Phallus. Phaaalus. :rofl1:

The 10 year old in me is gonna walk away from this thread now.

I had to come up with my 1 foot rule in high school after dating so many wonderful but very short girls.....

I did date the center (6'4") of my university's women's basketball team at one point, but she didn't work out for other reasons.....

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Then I suppose I should be glad for the broad shoulders and nice back I was granted by evolution. My wife says they're two of my most attractive features, but that I slouch too much and therefore "shrink" myself. My penis is also adequately sized and aesthetically pleasing.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm

This could be cultural but I seriously doubt that height is such a low priority.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*joins in boasting about broad shoulders* I'm so handsome.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yeah, I prefer dudes with broad shoulders usually. :shrug: Although sometimes I like when guys can pull off the tall and lanky look when it suits their style...knew this one guy who was pretty tall and had more narrow shoulders but he was a guitarist in a band so he kind of rocked that edgy/aloof musician look. But on shorter guys I'm not a fan.

The only thing I knew they were good for was if I took up rowing...which so many people told me I should've done. Maybe I'll actually take up a sport someday.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
No surprises, really.

If you have broad shoulders and a firm chest, the contours and shape of your body will show, so you stick out (I know some guys wear tight shirts for this reason, but I find that too uncomfortable).

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
On a semi-related note: ideal female waist to hip ratio is apparently 0.7.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My GF is 5'11" and at 6'1.5" I barely made the cut. Luckily I've got the shoulders in spades!

I'm 5'2. Tallest I'm willing to go is 6'3. My first boyfriend was 6'6. I enjoyed him, but our bodies were not meant to go together.