User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Default bruises and race

I've always wondered how visible bruises are on people with dark skin tones such as brown and black. I would think they would be less noticiable on non white people, but I don't know. And I'm not going to go beat up people of different races just to find out and compare. I've always been curious how different things effect different colors of skin like sun (from my understand if you're black you don't really burn but get darker, of course according to my black friends the majority of them say it's better to be light skinned then dark, and even in that community the lighter you are the more respect you get or something like that).
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    EXXP

I am white, but my daughter is half black. Her skin is pretty much a caramel color. You can see bruises quite easily.

Her father was pretty dark. You couldn't see bruises as easily on his skin. And he did burn, it just wasn't red and nearly as bad as a paler burn. Didn't peel either.
    "My mom told me there was a weirdo on every bus, but I never could find him." Emo Phillips

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I'm a light carmel when tanned and off white with some pink when not tanned. I don't remember bruises showing up on me all that well unless they're big. *shrug*
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ

I know Negroes scar easier and for longer than Caucasians.
    wails from the crypt.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

I'm pretty constantly tan and Southeast Asian. So a sort of sand-y skin color. Bruises show, but not spectacularly or anything- green ones tend to be pretty camouflaged.

MBTI
    INFP

My skin is towards a darker brown. Bruises show up black. And scars from surgery and all that tend to be many times lighter than the skin tone and thus appear more visible. And I don't go red in the sun (obviously) but I do become browner. In fact I always think it's a good thing I have darker skin, because my friends with lighter skin tend to turn red, sweat more, and have more sensitive skin than I do. My skin doesn't mind the warm toasty sun.

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    according to my black friends the majority of them say it's better to be light skinned then dark, and even in that community the lighter you are the more respect you get or something like that).
    From where I come, fairness is the craze. It's seen as more healhty and more bautiful. 'Fairness creams' sell by the millions. Before girls get married, they're expected to do two things: lose weight, and make their skin fair. It's a weird phenomenon and one that I think is ridiculous.
    I 78% N 62% F 62% P 67%
    [From http://www.humanmetrics.com]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do you want to see the Indian sun?
    It's shining into my green eyes,
    Dappling my fur a patchy brown,
    Brightening up my spotty white.

Purr...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by milti girl View Post
    From where I come, fairness is the craze. It's seen as more healhty and more bautiful. 'Fairness creams' sell by the millions. Before girls get married, they're expected to do two things: lose weight, and make their skin fair. It's a weird phenomenon and one that I think is ridiculous.
    Would this be because people with money where you live don't have to work out in the sun as often if at all? The tanned thing in North America has a similar stigma as richer people can afford to go to exotic places and thus end up getting tanned more instead of having to spend all their lives in the cube farm.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

In kindergarten a black kid got his hand cut on something and white puss-looking stuff came out, and I thought all black people bled white. With bruises I think they aren't as visible on black people, but with scrapes, they show up more.

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    In kindergarten a black kid got his hand cut on something and white puss-looking stuff came out, and I thought all black people bled white. With bruises I think they aren't as visible on black people, but with scrapes, they show up more.
    Somebody once told me I bled chocolate milk.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    Would this be because people with money where you live don't have to work out in the sun as often if at all?
    In India I think it's more to do with the Indian caste system. Aryans are supposed to be the 'fair' race and the upper caste (they're believed to have come from somewhere in Europe, Greece or something like that, and Europenan blood is so cool! - that's what the general thought is, I think.) I don't think this has been influenced by Hitler. It's been a matter of Indian pride for thousands of years. Most Indian gods are also depicted as fair and beautiful. So if a girl is exceptionally pretty you'll hear people say she looks just like a goddess. And it's mostly just the fact that fair skin is seen as more healthy for some reason.
    I 78% N 62% F 62% P 67%
    [From http://www.humanmetrics.com]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do you want to see the Indian sun?
    It's shining into my green eyes,
    Dappling my fur a patchy brown,
    Brightening up my spotty white.

Purr...