• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

bruises and race

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I've always wondered how visible bruises are on people with dark skin tones such as brown and black. I would think they would be less noticiable on non white people, but I don't know. And I'm not going to go beat up people of different races just to find out and compare. I've always been curious how different things effect different colors of skin like sun (from my understand if you're black you don't really burn but get darker, of course according to my black friends the majority of them say it's better to be light skinned then dark, and even in that community the lighter you are the more respect you get or something like that).

SillyGoose

MBTI Type
EXXP
I am white, but my daughter is half black. Her skin is pretty much a caramel color. You can see bruises quite easily.

Her father was pretty dark. You couldn't see bruises as easily on his skin. And he did burn, it just wasn't red and nearly as bad as a paler burn. Didn't peel either.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm a light carmel when tanned and off white with some pink when not tanned. I don't remember bruises showing up on me all that well unless they're big. *shrug*

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
I know Negroes scar easier and for longer than Caucasians.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm pretty constantly tan and Southeast Asian. So a sort of sand-y skin color. Bruises show, but not spectacularly or anything- green ones tend to be pretty camouflaged.

milti girl

MBTI Type
INFP
My skin is towards a darker brown. Bruises show up black. And scars from surgery and all that tend to be many times lighter than the skin tone and thus appear more visible. And I don't go red in the sun (obviously) but I do become browner. In fact I always think it's a good thing I have darker skin, because my friends with lighter skin tend to turn red, sweat more, and have more sensitive skin than I do. My skin doesn't mind the warm toasty sun. :)

according to my black friends the majority of them say it's better to be light skinned then dark, and even in that community the lighter you are the more respect you get or something like that).

From where I come, fairness is the craze. It's seen as more healhty and more bautiful. 'Fairness creams' sell by the millions. Before girls get married, they're expected to do two things: lose weight, and make their skin fair. It's a weird phenomenon and one that I think is ridiculous.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
From where I come, fairness is the craze. It's seen as more healhty and more bautiful. 'Fairness creams' sell by the millions. Before girls get married, they're expected to do two things: lose weight, and make their skin fair. It's a weird phenomenon and one that I think is ridiculous.

Would this be because people with money where you live don't have to work out in the sun as often if at all? The tanned thing in North America has a similar stigma as richer people can afford to go to exotic places and thus end up getting tanned more instead of having to spend all their lives in the cube farm.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
In kindergarten a black kid got his hand cut on something and white puss-looking stuff came out, and I thought all black people bled white. With bruises I think they aren't as visible on black people, but with scrapes, they show up more.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
In kindergarten a black kid got his hand cut on something and white puss-looking stuff came out, and I thought all black people bled white. With bruises I think they aren't as visible on black people, but with scrapes, they show up more.

Somebody once told me I bled chocolate milk.

milti girl

MBTI Type
INFP
Would this be because people with money where you live don't have to work out in the sun as often if at all?

In India I think it's more to do with the Indian caste system. Aryans are supposed to be the 'fair' race and the upper caste (they're believed to have come from somewhere in Europe, Greece or something like that, and Europenan blood is so cool! - that's what the general thought is, I think.) I don't think this has been influenced by Hitler. It's been a matter of Indian pride for thousands of years. Most Indian gods are also depicted as fair and beautiful. So if a girl is exceptionally pretty you'll hear people say she looks just like a goddess. And it's mostly just the fact that fair skin is seen as more healthy for some reason.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
In India I think it's more to do with the Indian caste system. Aryans are supposed to be the 'fair' race and the upper caste (they're believed to have come from somewhere in Europe, Greece or something like that, and Europenan blood is so cool! - that's what the general thought is, I think.) I don't think this has been influenced by Hitler. It's been a matter of Indian pride for thousands of years. Most Indian gods are also depicted as fair and beautiful. So if a girl is exceptionally pretty you'll hear people say she looks just like a goddess. And it's mostly just the fact that fair skin is seen as more healthy for some reason.

Again, a throwback to aristocracy and being well off. Beggars don't eat well; the rich, by assumption, do. It's also interesting that most women, no matter where you go, will enjoy being called a goddess.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ewww . . . instant cheesy guy alert.

I hope you don't mean me. I said most, not all. Besides, the others just smile on the inside while berating the person who called them that in order to keep the wall up. :D

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
I hope you don't mean me. I said most, not all. Besides, the others just smile on the inside while berating the person who called them that in order to keep the wall up. :D

Not you, necessarily . . . anybody who uses that. I'll smile on the outside while mentally thinking "eww . . . cheesy guy."

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Not you, necessarily . . . anybody who uses that. I'll smile on the outside while mentally thinking "eww . . . cheesy guy."

Ah, even worse. You know women like you make it hard for us guys to deal with the rest of them, right? :D

Carebear

will make your day
MBTI Type
INFP
Aryans are supposed to be the 'fair' race and the upper caste (they're believed to have come from somewhere in Europe, Greece or something like that, and Europenan blood is so cool! - that's what the general thought is, I think.) I don't think this has been influenced by Hitler. It's been a matter of Indian pride for thousands of years. Most Indian gods are also depicted as fair and beautiful. So if a girl is exceptionally pretty you'll hear people say she looks just like a goddess. And it's mostly just the fact that fair skin is seen as more healthy for some reason.

You're right. It's not influenced by Hitler. The Aryan race is a very old concept, and the fairer skinned people (who look a bit Persian) have their fair genes from their Indo-European ancestors who came to the Indus Valley around 2000 BC +- 1000 years. The name of modern day Iran is derived from "Aryan" and means something like "Land of the Aryans" or similar iirc. Hitler's use of the term had little to do with the milennia old concept of Aryan.

milti girl

MBTI Type
INFP
You're right. It's not influenced by Hitler. The Aryan race is a very old concept, and the fairer skinned people (who look a bit Persian) have their fair genes from their Indo-European ancestors who came to the Indus Valley around 2000 BC +- 1000 years. The name of modern day Iran is derived from "Aryan" and means something like "Land of the Aryans" or similar iirc. Hitler's use of the term had little to do with the milennia old concept of Aryan.

Though the Nazis did use a reversed swastika as their symbol. The swastika is a sign of devout Hinduism. In Hinduism it points to the right and isn't tilted. The Nazis probably have nothing to do with Hinduism and the Aryan race (I don't know, got to read up), but I guess it's worth an observation...