• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Favourite Sports for the Types?

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Inspired by the exercise color thread. I'd like to know what kind of exercise you do and how do you see it connected to the personality, or to your type.

The stuff I have done: Footbag, snowboarding, freediving, wall climbing, jogging. None of these were "exercise" for me , but some nice ways to pass time.

Stuff I would like to do: Rock climbing, diving with the equipment, shaolin boxing, parcour.

I would never have the patience to exercise for muscles or for health. I do it only if it is fun and has some (interesting) objective. Many of the stuff I like are sports you need good balance.

dnivera

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Lap swimming. Swim, swim, swim, WALL (turn), swim, swim, swim, WALL, turn, repeat.

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
I heard somewhere (don't know how true it is) that eating celery requires more energy to eat and digest than the energy that comes out of it.

So the only exercise I really do is eat celery.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Soccer is my favorite sport, or favorite "exercise". I like how it's all about angles and speed judgment. I like having to calculate what direction to move in and how fast in relation to where the ball is and where all the players are. Very satisfying when you judge things perfectly and the risks you take work out just how you envisioned them.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Soccer and volleyball for me, plus kung fu if you consider that a sport. I enjoy squash as well but I'm so bad at it that I often get frustrated.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Whatever you've got I'll take. Mostly team sports, extreme sports or gym work. How does it relate to my type? Dunno, I guess trying new things, searching for a non-aggressive social environment, finding what works best for fitness *shrug*

Maybe it's just about INTJs finding passions and this is something I find easy to become obsessed with.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
Soccer is my favorite sport, or favorite "exercise". I like how it's all about angles and speed judgment. I like having to calculate what direction to move in and how fast in relation to where the ball is and where all the players are. Very satisfying when you judge things perfectly and the risks you take work out just how you envisioned them.

I agree. I also like how you can be sort of isolated and pick and chose your moves. Execution is key, so it is really handy to be thinking of many moves and options even when idle so that when the situation arises it will be second nature. That was actually one of the things I loved most about soccer, how much it engaged your mind.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
This is a cool and fun aspect to soccer, I agree.

I forgot to mention volleyball. Lots of fun if you know how to play and when those you're playing with know as well (just chasing the ball when it goes out of bounds gets old).

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I used to play soccer barefoot in the afternoons after school when I was a child. That and swimming. Pink and I also had horses, so we used to go horseback riding a lot, western trail riding at home, and huntseat at the stable.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Basketball, Tennis or table tennis

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
My favorite sports to play are probably tennis and soccer. I also like basketball, football and baseball, i just suck at them.

I was really good at archery when I was a kid, but I haven't done it in so long, I'm way out of practice and would probably be terrible. I've been decent at volleyball, racquetball, bowling, kickball, broomball (kinda like hockey), and miniature golf, but I haven't done any of those besides bowling in a long time either.