User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 23

  1. #1
    Senior Member Gabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    590

    Default types and excercise

    i just found a great website about this.

    The 8 Colors of Fitness by Suzanne Brue - Color Coded Exercise Personality Quiz based on Myers Briggs - Home

    And the description of the extraverted intuition types matches me perfectly. wow.

    note: to test your own knowledge, try to figure out what type is which color before reading that explanation. The fitness types are typed according to percieving function, and thier are eight groups: ENP, INP, ESP, ISP, ESJ, ISJ, ENJ, INJ.

  2. #2
    ByMySword
    Guest

    Default

    I'm Blue Harmony

    Blues
    True Blue: Tried and True
    Motivation, Approach, and Focus

    Blues are guided by clear fitness goals and objectives. Often these goals are based on advice from health and medical professionals or information from the media, or perhaps center on improving performance in sports or other activities. Blues prefer keeping their exercise plans plain, simple, and easy to execute so they can achieve their goals. Keeping commitments to themselves ranks high with Blues.

    Blues are highly sensitized and aware of their bodies and thus are careful not to over-do. They gravitate to traditional exercise based on proven methods, tested and trusted, the better to achieve their goals with a minimum of fuss or risk of injury. Because they are exercising for a purpose, it doesn’t make sense to spend time experimenting on new routines when they already know techniques and approaches that have worked in the past. With little inclination to live on the cutting edge, Blues are not interested in the latest weight program being touted or in getting their exercise in “fun” new ways. Blues focus on the purpose of exercise. They will have their fun some other time.

    Correct form and proper technique are essential. They represent not only the best and least wasteful approach to exercise, but ensure greater safety, a high priority for Blues. When learning something new, Blues prefer a step-by-step approach. For instance, in learning a free weight routine, Blues prefer to learn the proper technique for developing one muscle group to their satisfaction before moving on to the next. Once a technique is locked into their memory, they can comfortably move on, but not until then. With an emphasis on safety and form, Blues value a chance to learn from qualified experts who, as professionals, can carefully take them through the steps.

    Blues are motivated by keeping track of their workouts. What better way to measure progress and see that they accomplished what they set out to do than by writing it down and seeing the data in front of them. Record-keeping allows Blues to refer to their progress in the orderly manner that resonates with their True Blue nature. Date, time, distance, sets, reps, results—all details are noted.

    Environments and Interpersonal Connections

    Blues seek calm and familiar environments that allow them to focus on the task at hand. They find commotion and interruptions disturbing and prefer keeping their gym interactions to a minimum. Their personalities are modest and quiet; they call little attention to themselves and will not share their fitness milestones and exercise accomplishments unless asked.

    Blues typically have outstanding powers of concentration and are adept at creating their own space, even inside a busy fitness center. They might do so by reading or listening to music or books on tape. Many have said that while engaged in repetitious cardio activities, they maintain their energy by chanting or singing to themselves, or reciting personal mantras

    Blue Harmonies
    Blue Harmonies enjoy exchanging pleasantries in their personal training sessions and seek a friendly relationship with their trainer. Positive feedback from their trainer assures them of correct technique, form, and safety.

  3. #3
    Per Ardua Metamorphosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    3,466

    Default

    white efficiency

    already closed it though so i can't (won't) copy the description
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

    Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

  4. #4
    Diabolical Kasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    11,544

    Default

    Saffron Seeking: Making Workouts into Play.

    So true!

    Motivation, Approach, Focus

    Saffrons prefer an easy-going and casual lifestyle and are attracted to easy access to exercise that requires minimal process or advance planning. Keeping plans to a minimum provides more opportunities to enjoy the kick they get when life hands them the unexpected. For them, serendipity provides an extra measure of enjoyment and fun. Though Saffrons appreciate being physically active, imposed routines and schedules that limit their flexibility to engage on their own terms soon become burdens that inhibit rather than encourage physical activity.

    Although their outward demeanor is relaxed, inwardly Saffrons can be intense. With a challenge in front of them, they apply themselves to the task with quiet commitment. Competitive—with themselves more than others—Saffrons are engaged in setting difficult and often physically demanding goals. Physical pursuits are in fact a great balance to their intensity, providing a cleansing relief from constant inner analysis, debate, and searching.

    Independent, and often perfectionists, Saffrons are drawn to activities that require a high level of performance. Boredom can be a concern for Saffrons, and they find satisfaction in physical pursuits that push them to higher fitness levels.

    Saffrons maintain physical activity by finding elements of challenge, fun, freedom, and flow. They love creating a rhythm and keeping it going. Convenience is an important consideration—many Saffrons say it’s essential for making physical activity appealing. Every step they must take on the way to exercising is another opportunity to get off-track, so the fewer decision points between the idea and its execution, the better. With their intuitive natures, Saffrons can easily make the mind/body/soul connection and might be attracted to exercise with that as a component.

    Environment and Interpersonal Connections

    Saffrons lean toward outdoor settings for most of their cardio activities, enjoying the freedom and flexibility the outdoors provides. Although they might go to the gym for some of their cardio, many report their gym visits have a particular purpose, like lifting weights, for example. With their attraction to movement and flow, many Saffrons enjoy group fitness classes, if the music is to their liking and it’s fun!

    Saffrons enjoy exercising alone—and with others, as long as the interaction is not demanding or confining. For instance, they might enjoy light banter with a running partner. It’s not unusual for Saffrons to train for a marathon with a family member or friend, but it won’t happen if there’s much to-do about dates and schedules ahead of time. Arrangements must be convenient and relaxed. Because Saffrons rarely consider themselves as part of a group, they deal better with a few like-minded people, rather than an organized gathering. For the same reason, Saffrons often choose unusual sports or activities, e.g. Ultimate Frisbee, Taiko drumming, or bouldering.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Gabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ByMySword View Post
    I'm Blue Harmony

    Blues
    True Blue: Tried and True
    Motivation, Approach, and Focus

    Blues are guided by clear fitness goals and objectives. Often these goals are based on advice from health and medical professionals or information from the media, or perhaps center on improving performance in sports or other activities. Blues prefer keeping their exercise plans plain, simple, and easy to execute so they can achieve their goals. Keeping commitments to themselves ranks high with Blues.

    Blues are highly sensitized and aware of their bodies and thus are careful not to over-do. They gravitate to traditional exercise based on proven methods, tested and trusted, the better to achieve their goals with a minimum of fuss or risk of injury. Because they are exercising for a purpose, it doesn’t make sense to spend time experimenting on new routines when they already know techniques and approaches that have worked in the past. With little inclination to live on the cutting edge, Blues are not interested in the latest weight program being touted or in getting their exercise in “fun” new ways. Blues focus on the purpose of exercise. They will have their fun some other time.

    Correct form and proper technique are essential. They represent not only the best and least wasteful approach to exercise, but ensure greater safety, a high priority for Blues. When learning something new, Blues prefer a step-by-step approach. For instance, in learning a free weight routine, Blues prefer to learn the proper technique for developing one muscle group to their satisfaction before moving on to the next. Once a technique is locked into their memory, they can comfortably move on, but not until then. With an emphasis on safety and form, Blues value a chance to learn from qualified experts who, as professionals, can carefully take them through the steps.

    Blues are motivated by keeping track of their workouts. What better way to measure progress and see that they accomplished what they set out to do than by writing it down and seeing the data in front of them. Record-keeping allows Blues to refer to their progress in the orderly manner that resonates with their True Blue nature. Date, time, distance, sets, reps, results—all details are noted.

    Environments and Interpersonal Connections

    Blues seek calm and familiar environments that allow them to focus on the task at hand. They find commotion and interruptions disturbing and prefer keeping their gym interactions to a minimum. Their personalities are modest and quiet; they call little attention to themselves and will not share their fitness milestones and exercise accomplishments unless asked.

    Blues typically have outstanding powers of concentration and are adept at creating their own space, even inside a busy fitness center. They might do so by reading or listening to music or books on tape. Many have said that while engaged in repetitious cardio activities, they maintain their energy by chanting or singing to themselves, or reciting personal mantras

    Blue Harmonies
    Blue Harmonies enjoy exchanging pleasantries in their personal training sessions and seek a friendly relationship with their trainer. Positive feedback from their trainer assures them of correct technique, form, and safety.
    So are you an IS_J. Or is the test/ description wrong? (I had to bring it up)

  6. #6
    Senior Member Bear Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    epyT
    Posts
    145

    Default

    Silver Efficient

    Silvers
    Quick Silver: Masters of Exercise Disguise
    Motivation, Approach, and Focus


    Energized by new ideas and possibilities, Silvers eagerly embrace novel concepts and respond to a world of opportunity. Silvers find little that doesn’t interest them. They’re quick to see connections and build on ideas. Silvers enjoy being with people who share their enthusiasm and can contribute to their projects and activities. With so many interests, exercise for its own sake can be boring. It’s best when taken out of the context of pure exercise and wrapped in the guise of something else, such as a challenge, adventure, and exploration, or spending time with people.


    Active Silvers fall into one of two categories: Make it Central or Keep it Simple. When physical activity takes on a central role, there are likely several layers of experience and achievement to disguise pure exercise. For example, training for a marathon with a group, skiing or biking with friends, walking meetings with colleagues, or competitive ballroom dancing. In each case there are multiple enticements and hooks; they will get their exercise along the way. With their Intuitive natures, Silvers can naturally make the mind/body/soul connection and might be attracted to exercise with that as a component.


    For Make it Central Silvers with active friends and family, physical activity can become an operating principle in their lives. With so much of life organized around physical activity, positive momentum overpowers physical resistance. They approach their physically active lifestyle with enthusiasm and gusto, and rarely miss a day of exercise, even when it’s piled on top of an already full schedule


    For Silvers who do not make exercise central in their lives, they find exercise success by keeping activities uncomplicated, unremarkable, and easy to accomplish. The Keep it Simple Silvers might even become rigid in their program, in contrast to the flexible approach they apply to the rest of their lives, convinced that if they deviate from their routine—or try to improve on it and change it—it might fall apart. For Silvers whose interests often pull them in so many directions, many report that regular exercise makes them feel more balanced and in control of their lives.


    Environment and Interpersonal Connections


    Convenience is a must. The more decision points Silvers must navigate, the less appealing exercise becomes. Whether they belong to a fitness center, practice yoga, Tai Chi, or run in the park, Silvers don’t want to spend too much time in transition. Their schedules are tight and time is valuable. Convenience, after all, relates to flow—moving from one activity to another with little effort—much the way Silvers connect ideas.


    A stimulating environment, connecting with people around training programs—possibly taking the lead in setting up a training schedule keeps interest high. With their busy lives, many Silvers also enjoy exercising alone, finding satisfaction and balance in reflection. A walk at night, a run along the bike path, or solo time at the gym provides an opportunity to be with their thoughts and clear their busy minds.

    Silver Efficients

    * Silver Efficients seek a trainer who understands how the body works and is competent at explaining it. They will have challenging questions for a trainer to respond to; their relationship is professional.

    (The type descriptions are composed of the statement forms of various quiz questions.)

  7. #7
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Warp View Post
    Silver Efficient

    Silvers
    Quick Silver: Masters of Exercise Disguise
    Motivation, Approach, and Focus


    Energized by new ideas and possibilities, Silvers eagerly embrace novel concepts and respond to a world of opportunity. Silvers find little that doesn’t interest them. They’re quick to see connections and build on ideas. Silvers enjoy being with people who share their enthusiasm and can contribute to their projects and activities. With so many interests, exercise for its own sake can be boring. It’s best when taken out of the context of pure exercise and wrapped in the guise of something else, such as a challenge, adventure, and exploration, or spending time with people.


    Active Silvers fall into one of two categories: Make it Central or Keep it Simple. When physical activity takes on a central role, there are likely several layers of experience and achievement to disguise pure exercise. For example, training for a marathon with a group, skiing or biking with friends, walking meetings with colleagues, or competitive ballroom dancing. In each case there are multiple enticements and hooks; they will get their exercise along the way. With their Intuitive natures, Silvers can naturally make the mind/body/soul connection and might be attracted to exercise with that as a component.


    For Make it Central Silvers with active friends and family, physical activity can become an operating principle in their lives. With so much of life organized around physical activity, positive momentum overpowers physical resistance. They approach their physically active lifestyle with enthusiasm and gusto, and rarely miss a day of exercise, even when it’s piled on top of an already full schedule


    For Silvers who do not make exercise central in their lives, they find exercise success by keeping activities uncomplicated, unremarkable, and easy to accomplish. The Keep it Simple Silvers might even become rigid in their program, in contrast to the flexible approach they apply to the rest of their lives, convinced that if they deviate from their routine—or try to improve on it and change it—it might fall apart. For Silvers whose interests often pull them in so many directions, many report that regular exercise makes them feel more balanced and in control of their lives.


    Environment and Interpersonal Connections


    Convenience is a must. The more decision points Silvers must navigate, the less appealing exercise becomes. Whether they belong to a fitness center, practice yoga, Tai Chi, or run in the park, Silvers don’t want to spend too much time in transition. Their schedules are tight and time is valuable. Convenience, after all, relates to flow—moving from one activity to another with little effort—much the way Silvers connect ideas.


    A stimulating environment, connecting with people around training programs—possibly taking the lead in setting up a training schedule keeps interest high. With their busy lives, many Silvers also enjoy exercising alone, finding satisfaction and balance in reflection. A walk at night, a run along the bike path, or solo time at the gym provides an opportunity to be with their thoughts and clear their busy minds.

    Silver Efficients

    * Silver Efficients seek a trainer who understands how the body works and is competent at explaining it. They will have challenging questions for a trainer to respond to; their relationship is professional.

    (The type descriptions are composed of the statement forms of various quiz questions.)
    What he said
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

  8. #8
    mrs disregard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    7,855

    Default White

    The White Canvas: Trailblazers on Familiar Paths

    Whites approach exercise as they do everything else, with planning and structure—that is, after sufficient reflection time. Reflection, in fact, is the hallmark of their personality. They don’t jump into anything head first, including fitness. Whites need time to do the research, check out facilities, and imagine scenarios—all preliminary elements undertaken to create a comprehensive plan. Whites are habitually oriented and comfortable with the familiar; once they’ve made their plan to include regular physical activity in their routine, it becomes a cherished part of their life. It doesn’t slip out easily, but is challenged when their routine is disrupted by travel, moving to another city or other such changes.

    Disciplined and independent, Whites are self-organized and attracted to physical exercise they can structure at their own pace. Much thought goes into each element of a White’s exercise program—and a program it is, complete with categories for cardio, strength, and flexibility—and even classifications such as social, light, moderate, and intense. As Intuitives, they readily see the mind/body/soul connection and will often include exercise that provides for that as a category. At times they may enjoy being accountable to a fitness trainer, as long as they’ve had a role in directing the activity.

    While they might consult fitness literature or schedule some sessions with a trainer, they typically develop their own exercise program based on specific results they’ve established as important and achievable. Whites think ahead and loosely envision their weekly exercise program, mentally keeping tabs, identifying times in which each part will happen. Unlike other types who are energized by spontaneous activities, Whites don’t like to be swept up in someone else’s agenda. They tend to stick with their plan.

    Physical activity provides a refreshing respite, giving them an opportunity to get away from it all—from work, the phone, people, requests, and family responsibilities. It’s a time to de-stress, thing about things and be with their internal visions.

    Whites seek comfort and familiarity in their exercise environments. Placing high value on tranquil and calm environments, Whites are easily jarred by interruptions and chaos. Whites require orderly environments for exercise, which provide the necessary calm for them to relax and receive the mental benefits of exercise as well as the physical. At a large fitness center, they are likely to find an out of the way spot to exercise, or they might join a small gym off the beaten path. Whites don’t mean to be rude, but they go to a gym to work out.

    Chit chat and noise are distracting, and cell phones are a special irritant. Characteristically, Whites prefer keeping a low profile at the gym. They are turned off by “see and be seen” fitness centers. They typically don’t like to bump into people from work or other parts of their lives at the gym.
    Gabe, I can't seem to find where it applies a type to the color.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Snail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    141

    Default

    It said I was Saffron, but I disagree.

    Saffrons
    Saffron Seeking: Making Workouts into Play

    Although their outward demeanor is relaxed, inwardly Saffrons can be intense. With a challenge in front of them, they apply themselves to the task with quiet commitment. Competitive—with themselves more than others—Saffrons are engaged in setting difficult and often physically demanding goals. Physical pursuits are in fact a great balance to their intensity, providing a cleansing relief from constant inner analysis, debate, and searching.

    Independent, and often perfectionists, Saffrons are drawn to activities that require a high level of performance. Boredom can be a concern for Saffrons, and they find satisfaction in physical pursuits that push them to higher fitness levels.
    I have used bold type to indicate things that are especially incompatible with my choices. I like outdoor activities that involve being out in nature. I hate all competitive sports and think that exercise for the sake of body modification or to push yourself "to higher fitness levels" is annoying and stupid. If that's your hobby, fine, but personally, I'd rather be doing something intellectually stimulating or creative. I do like hiking through the woods and can walk for miles, even up steep hills, without getting tired because I do so frequently. It allows me to collect my thoughts and come up with new song ideas. Nature inspires me, and when I exercise, it is usually for the purpose of being somewhere beautiful where I can focus better on my creative pursuits.

    The description for the "Greens" fit me better.

    Greens
    Greener than Green: Nature Beckons
    Motivation, Approach, and Focus

    Greens are highly attuned to and observant of the physical world around them. Their profound attention to detail and their outstanding orienting skills influence all aspects of what they do and when they do it. Minimalists at heart, their demeanor is understated, quiet, and unobtrusive. In groups, Greens tend toward the background, preferring others to take the lead in social interactions.

    With their reserved demeanor, they are quiet observers of the physical world. Nature is their nature. Their natural physicality inclines Greens to maintain a baseline of fitness, which they prefer to do outdoors or through activities of daily living, such as yard maintenance, parking a mile from their office, or using the stairs instead of elevators.

    Incorporating a regimented training program into their lives is unlikely to happen without a specific purpose—such as getting in shape to fully enjoy a favorite outdoor activity, or achieving a prized goal, like being part of a climbing or backpacking expedition. In these cases Greens will use gyms and equipment to increase their stamina for an outdoor challenge that is important to them.

    When they are training for such a challenge, Greens have clear cut objectives. Many say that the preparation process—including assembling the gear, analyzing risks, or preparing for climatic changes—is interesting and exhilarating. A fitness center or trainer who could provide information relating to these training goals would add value.

    Environment and Interpersonal Connections

    Too much inside time is stressful for Greens. Getting outside gives them an opportunity to clear their minds and wrestle with the energizing and calming challenges of nature. Almost any outdoor environment will do. Fitness centers with equipment and training options on outside decks (or at least with a window view) provide special appeal to Greens.

    Greens have a significant preference for training by themselves. Training alone minimizes the need for coordination and advance planning with other people, allowing them to catch the moment as it arises, without checking with anyone else. It speaks to the casual and flexible world that Greens prefer. They will likely prefer to arrive at the gym dressed for their workout, avoiding wasted time or interactions in the locker-room.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Gabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    Gabe, I can't seem to find where it applies a type to the color.
    Its somewhere on that site, and it's in the pdf article under the "in the news" section.

Similar Threads

  1. Type and Handwriting
    By Ivy in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 591
    Last Post: 10-13-2017, 02:49 AM
  2. Thinking types and their emotions.
    By Athenian200 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-26-2014, 02:06 PM
  3. Personality Types and Music
    By SuperServal in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: 10-15-2012, 06:37 PM
  4. Types and Revenge
    By Natrushka in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 08-20-2010, 06:52 AM
  5. Is there a correlation between type and military enlistment?
    By Cindyrella in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 07-20-2007, 10:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO