• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is This Weird?

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
My favorite form of exercise and consequently the only one I practice is strenuous running. The pros are many, but so are the cons. One con is that I'm embarrassed to be caught in the act. When I see joggers on the street, I pity them for how awkward they look with their huffing and puffing and the bizarre facial contortions that accompany it. So, I only do my running in private, around my house. Everyone who knows of this thinks this is way more unusual than i would expect them to. So, saying u didn't know about my admittedly neurotic judgement of public runners, and you were my neighbor and watched me do my thing, would u really think "oh what a strange boy" or would you be more like me and see nothing but normalcy in it? note I live in a wealthy community where the majority has comfortable access to gym memberships, safe parks, and well maintained tracks.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I mean when I get bored I listen to music and dance around like an idiot. I get strange looks from people, but As long as you yourself don't see what you are doing as strange then I say continue to do what works for you. People are probably just more curious as to what you are doing rather than judging it immediately as weird.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you want to jog in privacy, you have every right to do so. It's your house. Have you thought about getting a treadmill?

Beorn

Permabanned
Yes, it's weird.

Go run on a track or trail where everyone looks the same as you. I was conscientious about exercising in public as well but the sooner you get over it the better.

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
Yes, it's weird.

Go run on a track or trail where everyone looks the same as you. I was conscientious about exercising in public as well but the sooner you get over it the better.

It's not easy.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's weird, but there are much worse things than weirdness.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How is it weird, in your own words?

I'd give it a 7 out of 10. Mostly because I imagine it'd be much easier and more enjoyable to run on a treadmill or outside, unless you just really like tight corners and sprinting.

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
I'd give it a 7 out of 10. Mostly because I imagine it'd be much easier and more enjoyable to run on a treadmill or outside, unless you just really like tight corners and sprinting.

Oh I failed to clarify ..when I say around my house I mean outside in the yard not inside lol

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't think it's THAT weird. after all, you're only gonna exercise if you have the motivation to do it and you enjoy it to some extent, so you might as well be comfortable.

Cygnus

I do exactly what you describe. The only issue that arises is that it tracks mud across the driveway. The way our property is zoned, there's no way to circle around the house without stepping in mud.

I don't recommend being so conscientious of what others think of you. Jogging isn't that strange at all.