User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Deviled eggs and soft-boiled eggs are life. Perfectly poached eggs are amazing too, but I'm incapable of making them.
    I really like cats and food.

Quote Originally Posted by Devi View Post
    Deviled eggs and soft-boiled eggs are life. Perfectly poached eggs are amazing too, but I'm incapable of making them.
    Poached eggs with runny yokes on sourdough toast, lashings of butter.... I think everyone needs to give me their recipes for making yummy stuff with eggs, I anticipate I will probably eat another 30,000 or so before I die.
    Likes BadOctopus, Stanton Moore liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    Oh man, I haven't had a deviled egg in ages. I like to make curried deviled eggs. They always seem to be a hit at group gatherings.

I hated eggs when I was a kid, but now I love them. I've been eating them two or three times a week for my entire adult life, and I've always had healthy cholesterol levels.

There's nothing dangerous about eating eggs, as long as you don't eat them in insane amounts, or fry them in tons of butter.
    my aunt and mom make really good deviled eggs i hate that they only make them for gatherings because they go so fast and I could eat 24 in a setting (probably not, but I like to pretend)
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so
    Likes BadOctopus liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

^I bet they would make you some the next time you see them if you asked real nice.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    ^I bet they would make you some the next time you see them if you asked real nice.
    Oh I know they would.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so
    Likes Ivy liked this post

good, hot, fresh, fly ~ laterlazer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    592 sp

Made 5 eggs that were about to go off but I was afraid to eat all of today thanks to this thread

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Chthonic View Post
    Poached eggs with runny yokes on sourdough toast, lashings of butter.... I think everyone needs to give me their recipes for making yummy stuff with eggs, I anticipate I will probably eat another 30,000 or so before I die.
    I make a pretty decent Japanesque style stuffed omelette. Takes skill and practice though.

Basically you take about three or four eggs with a little milk stirred in like you're making scrambled eggs, plus whatever filling you'd like to go in. Preheat a small pan, about the size of the omelette, then pour a thin layer of egg in and swirl it so it spreads out and immediately cooks into a thin fluffy egg film. Quickly throw in your filling - I usually like a lot of cheese and maybe some onion and green pepper - and fold it shut. Then what you do next is continue to add layers of egg by pouring more raw egg in and lifting the omelette and swirling a bit so all the raw egg gets under and makes a new layer of cooked egg. Repeat until you run out of raw egg.

What you end up with is a really thick and fluffy perfectly yellow stuffed omelette which is evenly cooked all the way through like some kind of loaf, similar to how a Japanese omelette is made (but with different ingredients and usually without the square pan, unless you happen to have one)
    Likes prplchknz, Chthonic liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    I can't even make deviled eggs. I would just sit there and eat the filling and there'd only be boiled egg whites left. Then I'd have to eat those because nobody wants not-deviled deviled eggs.
    You could chop up the whites really fine and mix them in with the yolk mixture, or throw all of it in a food processor. Then you'd have sort of a deviled egg salad.

Quote Originally Posted by Devi View Post
    I couldn't make poached eggs either, until I discovered...

Poach Pods!

They're seriously the best. You just spray them with a little oil, crack the eggs in them, and float them over simmering water in a covered pot for 5 to 6 minutes. Perfectly shaped poached eggs every time.

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Never had deviled eggs. My favorite egg dish is a custard in honey/ginger syrup (don't remember what it's called).
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    No, it's not worth gloating about. Knowledge is always evolving, and people try to do the best with what they know at any given point in time. Constantly pointing out things now proven to be incomplete or incorrect as though you yourself knew better or would have known better all along is akin to playing armchair quarterback. Yeah, a lot easier to call it from the sidelines.
    Ordinarily I'd agree, with you, @PeaceBaby; but in this case, it appears that literally millions of peoples' lives were cut short, or suffered drastically reduce quality of life, just so that Ancel Keys could preen himself over how *wise* he was.

If he hadn't been such a scumbag, and cozened a few influential people into railroading all opposing points of view, just think how much healthier people would have been.

I'm willing to lay even money that it'll turn out that there are several more "conventional wisdom" health ideas pressed by the government, or highly influential social memes, first popularized, and thereafter exploited by either bureaucrat do-gooders, or mercantile interests, that have had similar disastrous effects.
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.